Melb defenders - possible gold?

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 02, 2014, 04:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

Will any of these guys be value picks?

Watts - huge potential but also has been disappointing. But will Roos belt him into action?
Grimes - can he stay uninjured?
Terlich - potential to take game to next level?
Dunn - can score well and looked good other night?

RaisyDaisy

There have been times over the past month or two where I have strongly thought about Terlich and Dunn - I think they could push for a 90 average this year, although I am not going to pick any of these 4

If I had to pick one, Id roll the dice on Dunn

Footyrulz

Watts, Dunn and Terlich won't improve enough to become a premium.

Grimes is too injury prone.

ando_10

Dunn? Sorry I havent caught any of the dees nab games has he been impressive personally I think watts can go really step it up

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ando_10 on March 02, 2014, 04:55:13 PM
Dunn? Sorry I havent caught any of the dees nab games has he been impressive personally I think watts can go really step it up

Yeah looks to be playing a very SC friendly role

As initially said I wouldn't pick any of these though

sniper

Only Melb defender I have an eye on is Georgiou.

Danzac

Georgiou is the gold. Some of his long kicks against Geelong were outstanding.

These other guys are more nickel and lead. Terlich is perhaps bronze

Gigantor

Is Georgiou going to get elevated?
Melb play in the second week of rd 1 which is a bit of a pain in the arse.
If Georgiou doesnt get named your options are limited to Cutler and Langford (if they get named!)

Danzac

Quote from: Gigantor on March 02, 2014, 05:23:20 PM
If Georgiou doesnt get named your options are limited to Cutler and Langford (if they get named!)

Melbourne's problem at the moment is a deluge of turn-overs, and Georgiou averaged 93% disposal efficiency in the NAB Challenge. In the 2nd game he had 95% TOG. Great signs IMO

Footyrulz

Quote from: Gigantor on March 02, 2014, 05:23:20 PM
And clurey and ashby.

Hopefully clurey and langdon get named first week and we dont have to worry about it.

shaker

Have had Watts in my team for a long while but did not like his game the other night uncontested possessions , DE was 60 something % and I think only one tackle rethinking him and the others don't really grab me

ben_020285

As a Dees supporter my thoughts are the following:

Grimes will average around 95 I reckon. I also think he can remain uninjured. He only missed one game in 2012 and missed a chunk of games last year after breaking his collarbone in a crunching tackle that would have injured anybody.

Dunn could be a really good smokey. Uses the ball exceptionally well and Roos looks to have him playing an SC friendly role off half back. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a 95 average too.

Wouldn't touch Terlich or Watts.

Terlich butchers the ball and is not a walk up start in the best 22 after the Dees inclusions over the draft period. I also think he won't run around as freely in his second year. Remember it was Roos who delisted him at the Swans.

Watts could be a star if he wanted to be but he just isn't there mentally. He will play some great games when he feels like it but will also go unsighted on occasions. Can't see Terlich or Watts averaging any more than 85.

sniper

Watts doesn't have the fire in the belly. Still looks like he has that "give a f---" look on him we all had/have when we were 16.

Anthonyyyy

so any guys actually worth taking?

GoLions

Grimes is the only one here who could end up as a premium at the end of the season. I wouldn't pick any of these guys (although am all over Grimes in my Draft leagues), but if I had to it would definitely be Grimes.