swans rookies

Started by cortez, March 02, 2014, 04:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Seems to be a lot of swans rookie priced players around especiall. Since they should be top 4 this year. Personally I can see swans on eac. Line getting games.

Laidler in Defense
Cunningham in the mids
Nankervis/ dericxx in ruck
Towers & Rohan in forwards

Personally I have Laidler, Cunningham, Nankervis and Rohan in my team. Which of these blokes do you think will get a game and how many is to many swans rookies considering you may have players like McVeigh, Jack, Mitchell and Buddy as well as a few others. Very relevant in years SC the swans are!

colmullet

Laidler i think will need an injury in the Swans backline to get a game

Cunningham is a gun but is on the firnge and has vest written all over him this year i think

Derickx/Nankervis are fighting it out for the backup ruck role to Pyke i think unless they decide to run Tippett through the middle at stages

Rohan should get more unvested opportunity this year after a full preseason and a decent NAB showing....Towers is again on the fringe

Thats the way i see it at the swans anyways, could be off the mark though

RaisyDaisy

Rohan will play, and Derickx might be a chance early seeing as Jesse White left and Tipett is out

Cant see the others being SC relevant - might get the odd game or two, but not enough to consider in SC

cortez

Personally I love the look of Cunningham, came in for finals last year and played well in NAB matches. Is mature age and could be a decent pick up but I guess you have to look at where he will fit in.

Blues Blues Blues

I have Rohan, Derricx and have taken punt on Cunningham to force his way into the best 22

sammy123

If cunningham named may consider him. Very impressive NAB

Doggoneit

I'm strongly considering Cunningham

I took what Longmire said as -  he likes what he adds and he is in front of Brandon Jack

Vests are a concern though.

gogonz

As a swans fan;

Laidler will get a run but will need to hold out Alex Johnson when he returns.

Cunningham will be unlikely to get in with McVeigh back into the mids and Mitchell uninjured.

Derickx is the 2nd ruck.

Rohan is unlikely to get subbed.

Towers is soooo close it must be killing him.

ubeaut

Quote from: gogonz on March 02, 2014, 06:01:25 PM
As a swans fan;

Laidler will get a run but will need to hold out Alex Johnson when he returns.

Cunningham will be unlikely to get in with McVeigh back into the mids and Mitchell uninjured.

Derickx is the 2nd ruck.

Rohan is unlikely to get subbed.

Towers is soooo close it must be killing him.
So can u confirm that McVeigh will go back to the mids? If so he will drop in avg and be a better upgrade target IMO. I keep hearing different things on where he'll play. R.Shaw could play his role from last year along with Eski.

tor01doc

Yet to see a single team with Malceski in it. Why?

colmullet

Quote from: tor01doc on March 02, 2014, 06:22:04 PM

no idea, i think for a similar price there are more proven performers.....but he would be a good unique, little worried he might get more attention without McVeigh back there with him

shaker

I think Rohan is a given have had Cunningham in since first NAB game has to be a good chance hoping one of the cheap rucks get a go , not to sure about Laidler or Towers might depend on injuries

Footyrulz

I can't see any except Rohan actually playing unfortunately.

Derickx may play round 1 but will be straight out again when tippet is back.

ubeaut

I'd say his knees have burnt a lot of coaches too many times.

Capper

because im trying to keep it quiet so SHHH!!!!!!

Rohan will be a candidate for the green vest not the red.

Derrickx is a change to play whilst Tippett is out but that will only be for 2-4 weeks.

Cunningham had a bad year last year and needed to lift this year and has done thus far. But i dont see he in the best 22 at this stage.

Towers is a mid not a forward and alone with Nankervis and Laider wont play round 1 and will start the season in the 2s

If you want more information regarding the swans players, check out this link