Playing Thomas Mid 4

Started by Matty.G, March 02, 2014, 03:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty.G

Hey everyone,

i know this has probably been a common topic however is anyone considering playing Ablett, Pendles, Beams and then thomas?

Then have the rest built up of your Ellis, polec, michies etc?

Thanks

Purplehaze25

No, your 4th mid should be D Beams and 3rd someone like - Jobe, Rocky, Libba, Fyfe, Barlow, Steven
I honestly don't see the point in having Thomas in my team at all TBH. I think for the price of someone like C Beams, Michie or Tyson is much more valuable to your side. Because I don't see Thomas being a keeper mid for the whole year and will struggle hit 475k IMO
If he does ill eat my words

colmullet

if only 2 rookies in the backs and forwards are named round 1 ill be running this setup......we wont really have a choice unless your selecting non-named rookies

RaisyDaisy

Several threads and discussions about this

The majority will NOT be doing this, opting to go with the extra mid premo, but I myself am going with this

Each to their own I guess :)

cortez

Not for me currently Beams at m4 and 6 rookies

Grufflez

Quote from: Purplehaze25 on March 02, 2014, 03:26:33 PM
No, your 4th mid should be D Beams and 3rd someone like - Jobe, Rocky, Libba, Fyfe, Barlow, Steven
I honestly don't see the point in having Thomas in my team at all TBH. I think for the price of someone like C Beams, Michie or Tyson is much more valuable to your side. Because I don't see Thomas being a keeper mid for the whole year and will struggle hit 475k IMO

Steven injured out for ages and Lenny Hayes did his hammy..guys like Jimmy Webster and Shane Savage just became more relevant.

Danzac

Quote from: Grufflez on March 02, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

Steven injured out for ages and Lenny Hayes did his hammy..guys like Jimmy Webster and Shane Savage just became more relevant.

Steven was replaced by Armitage and Dunstan in the middle. Savage is already playing the role that he'll play in the regular season, a below-average wingman.

Footyrulz

I think that would be fine.

Gives u plenty of cash for elsewhere.

Matty.G

I have consider not playing thomas as it would save me more money and there is so many rookie options in mids that can make you money.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Matty.G on March 02, 2014, 11:22:08 PM
I have consider not playing thomas as it would save me more money and there is so many rookie options in mids that can make you money.

Quote from: cortez on March 02, 2014, 04:14:39 PM

I'm strongly considering this depending what happens with rooks round 1. Thomas -> Tyson is looking pretty good at the moment.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 03, 2014, 07:14:34 AM
Quote from: Matty.G on March 02, 2014, 11:22:08 PM

Quote from: cortez on March 02, 2014, 04:14:39 PM

I'm strongly considering this depending what happens with rooks round 1. Thomas -> Tyson is looking pretty good at the moment.

Was considering Thomas at M4, but ditched him altogether now. Tyson will make more money, so what's the point? Points can be gained elsewhere with the money.

tor01doc

This with Beams at M4 after 3 guns (GAJ, Pendles and Jobe atm), rookie city in the mids and pour monies saved into other lines where rookies are scarce.

Marstar

If there aren't enough quality D and F rookies named round 1, the bandwagon will change coarse and take this road.

Big Mac

I've played around with this setup and not sure if I like it. However, it does allow me to field Pav at F4 and Rohan at F7, which might be the way to go if no forward rookies show up. I also have the option to downgrade Rohan if another rookie pops up and upgrade Leuenberger to Minson/Goldy.