Tyson v Michie: battle of Melb mids

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 01, 2014, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotTiges

Quote from: dmac07 on March 01, 2014, 10:56:10 PM
Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on March 01, 2014, 09:07:19 PM

Currently running with Gaj, Pendles, Watson, D.Beams, tyson, michie, polec, ellis (buckley, dunstan). This allows me to have R.Shaw at d5 and caddy at f5. Will probably leave it like this unless I can be convinced of 2-3 solid fwd and def options under 200k with decent JS.

Is that Buckley from Carlton?

Yeah, really like the look oh him, but not locked in, the other mid rooks are pretty much 100% locked assuming they play rnd 1.

Was hoping for someone like garlett or taylor at m10 for dpp but neither look like getting a game.
[/quote]

Cripps looks good though

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: dmac07 on March 01, 2014, 07:46:40 PM
Having a similar struggle as to whether to start Daisy or not, would much rather Daisy as a mid pricer than say Caddy fwd or R.Shaw back, he should score more than those guys. But then you compare the rookies I can get for mids vs other positions, get rid of Daisy for a good cash cow like Polec/Ellis, and dump a dude cash cow like Langdon who evrn if named has no JS, for a man who will play every week in R.Shaw.

Currently running with Gaj, Pendles, Watson, D.Beams, tyson, michie, polec, ellis (buckley, dunstan). This allows me to have R.Shaw at d5 and caddy at f5. Will probably leave it like this unless I can be convinced of 2-3 solid fwd and def options under 200k with decent JS.

My thoughts exactly dmac

Daisy is easily the best mid available, but occupying a mid spot over a rookie is annoying, especially when there are no decent def/fwd rookies

I'm not going with Shaw, I think Suckling is enough. Shaw is what, 33 years old now? And has never been a SC scorer. Will pump out the odd massive score, but mostly 40-65 each week

I played around a bit, and by removing Daisy in place of Tyson I could have Caddy at F5 and Suckling at D5, only fielding McDonald down back and JKH up front, and that's with a Mid of Ablett, Pendles, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis

If I start Daisy over Tyson, then F5 and 6 are both rookies and D5 and 6 are too...

Back to drawing board!

_wato

Quote from: billnats on March 01, 2014, 10:09:12 PM
I have Tyson but can only have one of Michie and Polec...
Which one should I go for?

I'm in the same dilemma. Polec/Michie who too choose? Thinking Michie at this stage

dmac07

Quote from: _wato on March 02, 2014, 01:43:43 PM

I'm in the same dilemma. Polec/Michie who too choose? Thinking Michie at this stage

Has to be Michie, not because he is a better player, but because of brilliant job security and more mid time. Both have good scoring potential when playing mid, but michie will play more mid.

Doggoneit

Quote from: dmac07 on March 02, 2014, 02:06:52 PM
Quote from: _wato on March 02, 2014, 01:43:43 PM

Has to be Michie, not because he is a better player, but because of brilliant job security and more mid time. Both have good scoring potential when playing mid, but michie will play more mid.

At the same time Tyson will need to average 10 points better than these two to be a better cash cow. Will he?

Slightly01

Rather than start another topic.....

If you could only pick two of Tyson Michie and Sheed, who would be the two????

Hippo

they are both a must!! without question

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Slightly01 on March 03, 2014, 11:02:35 AM
Rather than start another topic.....

If you could only pick two of Tyson Michie and Sheed, who would be the two????

Tyson and Michie for sure. Sheed hasn't really impressed, the only thing in his favour is the price really. If having sheed allows you to upgrade someone to an extra premium then I would consider Sheed + Michie but if prems will stay the same either way, Tyson and Michie for sure

auscoyote

Id go tyson over michie but try and have both>.Unfortunately i cant so would you have tyson (field) / crouch (bench)  or  Michie (field) / Cripps (bench)?