Tyson v Michie: battle of Melb mids

Started by Blues Blues Blues, March 01, 2014, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 01, 2014, 01:08:51 PM
Daisy at M5 and M6-8 has been Michie, Polec, Elis with Dunstan and Rookie on bench and I've had that far as long as I can remember

The thought of moving Daisy to M4 and bringing in Tyson really makes all 3 other lines look solid, even close to complete barring one or two rookie upgrades or LTI's, but I know I will start off slower with a mid structure like that, just need to decide how I feel about that.

Start slower and focus on building up the midfield as priority one, leaving all other lines as is, or keep Daisy at M5 and to not fall behind early?

Hmmmmmm

Daisy at M4 is damn tempting, allowing me to get all the good rookie mids, have them playing and mooing, and therefor being in a position to load up def and fwd without having to field any of the dodgy rookie options there..

daisy at m4 is far too weak imo!

Big Mac

Quote from: eaglesman on March 01, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
Daisy at M5 and M6-8 has been Michie, Polec, Elis with Dunstan and Rookie on bench and I've had that far as long as I can remember

The thought of moving Daisy to M4 and bringing in Tyson really makes all 3 other lines look solid, even close to complete barring one or two rookie upgrades or LTI's, but I know I will start off slower with a mid structure like that, just need to decide how I feel about that.

Start slower and focus on building up the midfield as priority one, leaving all other lines as is, or keep Daisy at M5 and to not fall behind early?

Hmmmmmm

Daisy at M4 is damn tempting, allowing me to get all the good rookie mids, have them playing and mooing, and therefor being in a position to load up def and fwd without having to field any of the dodgy rookie options there..

Yeh I would think Beams at M4 would be the minimum

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 01, 2014, 01:14:29 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 01, 2014, 01:10:00 PM

Hmmmmmm

Yeh I would think Beams at M4 would be the minimum

Agree. I'm toying with Daisy > Tyson at M5 and using cash elsewhere...

billnats

Quote from: dmac07 on March 01, 2014, 11:53:10 AM
Im not sure I can fit them all either without dropping Thomas. Michie and Ellis seem the two most important to fit in.

This for me too.
Thomas, Polec, Michie and Ellis.

I can downgrade Thomas or upgrade one of Polec/Michie. Dont have the cash to have all of them though.

tor01doc

Hmmmmmm

As long as mid rookies score 75 ish then this can work. What you lose by missing that extra mid gun you can make up for in points on the other upgrades made possible by them money saved.

Possibly better off long term as despite their higher than last year's starting price, they will make more money for later. And probably better JS to boot.

Might just have a look.

RaisyDaisy

eaglesman and Big Mac - Not doubt it's too weak, but I do think it could be the way to go

Say for example you have Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Polec, Ellis you would then take out Watson and downgrade him to Tyson. The approx. 400k you save there is used turning F5 and D5 into really strong options

Lets say you lose approx. 50 points per week by going with Tyson over Watson, but I think that allowing you to have someone like Pav instead of Rohan, and a better defender over a rookie you will actually be in front making more points there

Also, having all 3 other lines looking so strong, means you just need to focus on upgrading mids, plus it gives us the first 5-7 weeks to see which mids are dominating 2014 and are looking to be the must haves, or even a premo who starts slow and drops in price

I'm pretty much convincing myself to do this, and will play around with it and just see what sort of a team I can actually come up with by taking this approach

Fid

I have just the one (Tyson)

Mid rookies of Tyson, Polec, Ellis,
Bench: Dunstan and Templeton.

I think (or hope) Templeton gets an elevation with Steven out for a while

ubeaut

If I had to choose 1 it would be Tyson. worth the extra coin I think. I chose Tyson over Martin so would def choose him over Michie.

BoredSaint

Michie for me. Extra cash can be used elsewhere

elephants

Trying to squeeze all the good midfield rookies into my side! Its very tough..

dmac07

Hmmmmmm

Having a similar struggle as to whether to start Daisy or not, would much rather Daisy as a mid pricer than say Caddy fwd or R.Shaw back, he should score more than those guys. But then you compare the rookies I can get for mids vs other positions, get rid of Daisy for a good cash cow like Polec/Ellis, and dump a dude cash cow like Langdon who evrn if named has no JS, for a man who will play every week in R.Shaw.

Currently running with Gaj, Pendles, Watson, D.Beams, tyson, michie, polec, ellis (buckley, dunstan). This allows me to have R.Shaw at d5 and caddy at f5. Will probably leave it like this unless I can be convinced of 2-3 solid fwd and def options under 200k with decent JS.

Blues Blues Blues

Currently running with Gaj, Pendles, Watson, D.Beams, tyson, michie, polec, ellis (buckley, dunstan). This allows me to have R.Shaw at d5 and caddy at f5. Will probably leave it like this unless I can be convinced of 2-3 solid fwd and def options under 200k with decent JS.
[/quote]

Is that Buckley from Carlton?

reesbr

billnats

I have Tyson but can only have one of Michie and Polec...
Which one should I go for?

dmac07

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on March 01, 2014, 09:07:19 PM

Is that Buckley from Carlton?
[/quote]

Yeah, really like the look oh him, but not locked in, the other mid rooks are pretty much 100% locked assuming they play rnd 1.

Was hoping for someone like garlett or taylor at m10 for dpp but neither look like getting a game.