Tell me what to do internet!

Started by Canuck, February 26, 2014, 09:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

Hey guys,

Here is where my team is at now, let me know what you think!  Have had to tweak it a bit with Hibberd going down.

D: McVeigh, Mitchell, Suckling, D. Swallow, K. Kolodjshnij, Fuller, Bench: Howard, Laidler

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Lockcliff, D. Beams, B. Ellis, Daisy, M. Crouch, Polec  Bench: C.Beams, X. Ellis

Rucks: Cox, HMac  Bench: Sandi, Currie

Fwds: Danger, T. Mitchell, Buddy, Wingard, Patton, Kersten.  Bench: L.Taylor, Rohan
$31k in the bank

In the ruck my theory is that both Hmac and Sandi won't play every game, so hopefully they can cover for each other and gain me some $$.  Of course it could all go horribly wrong when they both get injured and Currie doesn't make the senior squad. But I don't trust Longer enough to have him in instead of Sandi.  Hickey seems to be the better ruckman so Longer will be lucky to average more than 60.

Not sold on Patton, but I can find anyone else around his price +/- $50 that gets me excited.

seeds40

i don't think Lewis Taylor is going to play, i had him in my side for a while but i remember reading somewhere a few weeks ago that he has had an ongoing injury, so what you could do is take him out, put in Jay Kennedy-Harris from Melbourne, that will free up around 40k, then you have money to upgrade Patton so someone like Lamb, Billings or even Ben Kennedy. Fwd line is good other than that.

Personally i would rather Luke McDonald over Kolodjashnij as well, but that's just me, Kolo hasn't played at all in the nab challenge, i think due to a hamstring strain, so i think it is unlikely he will line up round 1.

Canuck

Thanks mate, just checked http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list  and Taylor is out for a few weeks with a foot problem.  Was hoping I could use Bock but I don't trust his injury status either.    And with Patton, spare cash could also be used for Daniher.  Not sure if he will rack up points though.  Goals yes, but his dreamteam output will be modest I reckon.

No mention of kolodjashnij.  Will have to wait and see if he plays.  A minor hamstring injury should only keep him out a couple of weeks.  But if he looks in doubt McDonald is an option.