Main Menu

Music Blog

Started by LaHug, February 25, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on March 20, 2014, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: LaHug on March 20, 2014, 03:44:56 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 20, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
Don't wanna hijack the thread Huggy, but I've finally got myself a topic for my series of blogs which I previously was undecided on.

Quote from: NigeyS on March 18, 2014, 06:28:13 PM
I can't really answer that, but that Like A Version is amazing.  8)

Also, I have to do a series of blogs for an assignment so...  :P

Gonna dig up some old photos, songs and artists and go with a Throwback Thursday blog. Each week's blog will contain a photo from my past or a song or artist I like(d) heaps and detail it's meaning and story.

Solid idea. Sounds like it'd be heaps of fun as well!
I gotta do nine weeks worth of blogs.

So I'm thinking of doing it in threes, as in every third week a song/artist/album, tv show/movie, photo/video.

Sounds good man! Let me know when you write them and I'll have a look :)

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on March 20, 2014, 04:24:04 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 20, 2014, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: LaHug on March 20, 2014, 03:44:56 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 20, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
Don't wanna hijack the thread Huggy, but I've finally got myself a topic for my series of blogs which I previously was undecided on.

Quote from: NigeyS on March 18, 2014, 06:28:13 PM
I can't really answer that, but that Like A Version is amazing.  8)

Also, I have to do a series of blogs for an assignment so...  :P

Gonna dig up some old photos, songs and artists and go with a Throwback Thursday blog. Each week's blog will contain a photo from my past or a song or artist I like(d) heaps and detail it's meaning and story.

Solid idea. Sounds like it'd be heaps of fun as well!
I gotta do nine weeks worth of blogs.

So I'm thinking of doing it in threes, as in every third week a song/artist/album, tv show/movie, photo/video.

Sounds good man! Let me know when you write them and I'll have a look :)
Gotta do it on Wordpress, and it's a private blog. Our teacher wants it like that so that only classmates can comment on it (which reminds me, I need to message them about that :P). However, I can do one of two things you to view it. Either you give me your email (so I can send you an invite to view the blog(s)) or I just copy and paste it here.  8)

Nige

I actually did the first one today in class, here it is.

Everybody loves a classic. Yeah, don't deny it, because I know you do. Everybody's got a favourite something or other from days... hell, even years gone past. In today's day and age, we know this very day - Thursday, as none other than #throwbackthursday, it's quite the phenomenon. People bring up all kinds of things on this special day that occurs weekly for those that treat it like religion. I mean, I know I do. It could be a song from 19-tickety-two or a picture of young you rocking 'junners' and a skivvy at age 3. The possibilities, for some, are endless.

For me, I've picked a song that particularly England and Canada loved in 1979. British new wave rockers XTC had a hit with a song that features the first name of yours truly in its title. 'Making Plans for Nigel' was one of their biggest and best hits. This catchy track has since become a favourite of mine since I was introduced to it, not only because it has my name in title, not just because the genre is my favourite, but because the catchy tune is an earworm that I personally don't mind dealing with. Here it is below for everybody to sing a long!

Making Plans For Nigel - XTC

Yep, that's it.  :) I have embedded the video on the actual blog.

Feedback would be great (on here, from you guys). 8)

LaHug

A few very minor stylistic/grammatical choices make some parts slightly difficult to read but, other than that, it's very well done. I like the structure in that you've introduced the idea of your blog and given amusing yet relatable examples. Then you've introduced the song and described it a bit.

The intention seems clear that this isn't a blog for reviewing the things that you're throwing back to (you're not doing a detailed review of the song or pointing out its strengths and weaknesses; rather, you're pointing out why you like it and why you're throwing back to it). It doesn't really matter if you change your direction to doing a full-blown review at some stage but, for now, I really like it this way. Good work.

Nige

Yeah, I thought that might have been the case. I may yet go back and fine-tune it a little.

My general writing tone is more often than not like it is in the blog. I don't really change it much (unless I have absolutely have to). I go in and out of being formal and casual all the time.

We're only allowed like 200 words (give or take) for each blog, so there's not much room for detail. What I'm happy about is that you've picked up my aim as the writer. Given that I really can't review the throwbacks, I made the decision to talk about why I like it and am throwing back to it (it's significance or the memory it brings).

I know the TV show I'm likely to dig up, need to find a photo from one of Mum's 237293 albums.  :P

LaHug

How's your post going for this week, Nigey? Or do you just write them on the day?

This is probably the quickest I've written something (usually I do it a day or two in advance but I've been super busy with uni stuff) so I'm slightly concerned it's no good. Anyway, this is my post for today :)
http://artfelicis.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/snakadaktal-the-sun-ii/

Nige

Haven't done anymore yet. I have do Weeks 2, 3 and 4 some time soon (maybe Friday since that's my day off), and I'll Week 5 on Thursday.

Week 4 will be another music one like the one I've posted above.

Here's a sneak peek.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7l8rlnMpCI

LaHug

Probably the fastest I've ever written something, having decided I didn't have time to make a post this week... Hopefully it ain't too crappy.
http://artfelicis.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/the-aston-shuffle-never-take-it-away-ft-mayer-hawthorne/

Nige

Nice work Huggy, liked the post.

I'll probably check these guys out later this week when I have time to sit and listen to the album.

On a side note, I posted the second of my blogs. I'll copy and paste the article tomorrow morning or something.  :)

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on April 01, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
On a side note, I posted the second of my blogs. I'll copy and paste the article tomorrow morning or something.  :)

Cool as! Looking forward to it :)

Nige

LaHug

Nige

Finishing my blogs for Weeks 4 and 5 now (since they're due Saturday), then I'll just post the lot of them up.  ;)

LaHug

How'd they go, Nigey?

I just posted this but it was impossible to put such an amazing performance into words.
http://artfelicis.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/the-jungle-giants-tuss-tour-2014/

Nige

Won't know for a bit.

Sorry, I forgot to post them. Will do it either tomorrow morning or Thursday afternoon, probably the latter.