Main Menu

Music Blog

Started by LaHug, February 25, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on March 18, 2014, 06:28:13 PM
I can't really answer that, but that Like A Version is amazing.  8)

Also, I have to do a series of blogs for an assignment so...  :P

I'll lend you my addiction if it'll help with the assignment... And yeah, it's so amazing! I considered writing about it when it first came out but wasn't sure how I'd go writing about a cover and also didn't want to be too blinded by my Chvrches obsession so I decided not to. However, after a bit over a month of being continuously obsessed with it, I decided the time was right.

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on March 18, 2014, 06:43:58 PM

I'll lend you my addiction if it'll help with the assignment... And yeah, it's so amazing! I considered writing about it when it first came out but wasn't sure how I'd go writing about a cover and also didn't want to be too blinded by my Chvrches obsession so I decided not to. However, after a bit over a month of being continuously obsessed with it, I decided the time was right.
We're into like Week 4, and I haven't even decided on the topic/issue of my blogs, let alone started on Week 1. 

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on March 18, 2014, 06:54:13 PM

We're into like Week 4, and I haven't even decided on the topic/issue of my blogs, let alone started on Week 1.

Get a move on then! Do you have a type of topic or issue it needs to be about?

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on March 18, 2014, 07:27:57 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 18, 2014, 06:54:13 PM

Get a move on then! Do you have a type of topic or issue it needs to be about?
They only have to be 200-250 words each or something like that (although I know it's easier said than done when you're trying to cram so much content).

Has to preferably be something social justice/media related... but we can do others topics if approved.

bomberboy0618

I write for a few blogs (Project U being the biggest of them, projectu.tv, check it out) and honestly I love writing but treat it like a hobby. Something to do in free time.

LaHug

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on March 18, 2014, 07:48:18 PM
I write for a few blogs (Project U being the biggest of them, projectu.tv, check it out) and honestly I love writing but treat it like a hobby. Something to do in free time.

Wow, that's a very nice looking site! Is that with friends or...?

bomberboy0618

Quote from: LaHug on March 18, 2014, 07:51:53 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on March 18, 2014, 07:48:18 PM

Wow, that's a very nice looking site! Is that with friends or...?
'Friends'. The guy who runs it followed me on twitter and thought I was funny so was like wanna write for us? And I was like yeah. So it's sorta friends but not in the sense you mean. Good bloke but.

Mr.Craig

"Part Of The Vice Blogging Network".

Yes Huggy, so much yes. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about.

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 18, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
"Part Of The Vice Blogging Network".

Yes Huggy, so much yes. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about.

We actually had a meeting to go over all the stuff you sent me! All the girls think you're amazing! Let me know when you're next in Melbourne and if you're free to meet. I'm sure everyone would love to thank you in person (I know I would).

Mr.Craig

My pleasure. I see you did an interview recently, that's one thing I forgot to mention but it looks like you're on it.

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 18, 2014, 08:43:47 PM
My pleasure. I see you did an interview recently, that's one thing I forgot to mention but it looks like you're on it.

Yeah, as I think I told you, one of the girls' sister's boyfriend is a music journalist for his career so he gave us tips on interviews and approaching artists/record labels. However, the interview happened completely accidentally over Facebook because I just asked the artist if they had a Twitter I could tag (couldn't find it myself) and we ended up talking early in the morning while I was still in bed. Seemed like a nice guy but didn't repost my post on Facebook or Twitter :( :(

Mr.Craig

Nige

Don't wanna hijack the thread Huggy, but I've finally got myself a topic for my series of blogs which I previously was undecided on.

Gonna dig up some old photos, songs and artists and go with a Throwback Thursday blog. Each week's blog will contain a photo from my past or a song or artist I like(d) heaps and detail it's meaning and story. 

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on March 20, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
Don't wanna hijack the thread Huggy, but I've finally got myself a topic for my series of blogs which I previously was undecided on.

Gonna dig up some old photos, songs and artists and go with a Throwback Thursday blog. Each week's blog will contain a photo from my past or a song or artist I like(d) heaps and detail it's meaning and story.

Solid idea. Sounds like it'd be heaps of fun as well!

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on March 20, 2014, 03:44:56 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 20, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

Solid idea. Sounds like it'd be heaps of fun as well!
I gotta do nine weeks worth of blogs.

So I'm thinking of doing it in threes, as in every third week a song/artist/album, tv show/movie, photo/video.