Who would you go for D3/D4?

Started by timtim, February 25, 2014, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

With Fuller looking unlikely for Round 1 it's looking like I'll need to beef up my DEF line and push Suckling down to D6

That said, which of the three options would you go?

D.Swallow - Potential breakout but quiet NAB
C.Enright - Old but Mr Consistency
P.Hanley - I'm not sure he can maintain his output... will get tagged

Bully

Enright doesn't look like tiring, he rarely slips below 80 and rarely misses a game.

Woppa15

I had Enright in my early team, still may make it back in. I also have Hanley. I've gone quite strong in the backline with a lack of confidence in def rookies this year.

Mitchell. McVeigh. Hibberd. Hanley. Suckling. McDonald. (Laidler. TBC.)

Ricochet

I like Hanley of these three. Swallow is primed for a breakout but feel Hanley is less risk and should increase his average as he is pushed up through the mids and fwd.

SydneyRox

I have swallow at the moment. Playing in the mids should lift his output and presents value

auscoyote

I would go with Hanley, everybody seems scared off by this second tag (1st goes to rich) but he has huge ceiling and do we really know the second tag is coming.

aussied

anyone else looking into Terlich? pumped out a few 100+'s for his first year?

tor01doc

Enright is consistent but getting older and will be rested when you need him most. Round 8 bye may be a worry too.

Last year after his 'rest' in round 16 he scored pretty well but general soreness and his bye put me off.

Swallow - not proven but potential is there. Competing with a lot of teammates for mid time though.

Hanley - high ceiling and tag doesn't worry me. DPP and good bye so Hanley for me. Rich, Rocky, Redden? Tag targets too.

Not many mentioning Harry for some reason.

timtim

Quote from: tor01doc on February 25, 2014, 11:46:33 PM
Enright is consistent but getting older and will be rested when you need him most. Round 8 bye may be a worry too.

Last year after his 'rest' in round 16 he scored pretty well but general soreness and his bye put me off.

Swallow - not proven but potential is there. Competing with a lot of teammates for mid time though.

Hanley - high ceiling and tag doesn't worry me. DPP and good bye so Hanley for me. Rich, Rocky, Redden? Tag targets too.

As in Taylor?

Hmmmm not the worst idea in the world! How's he been tracking pre-season? Has been completely off my radar to date?

tor01doc

Harry Taylor - good intercept mark. Good disposal. Can swing forward and kick vital SC friendly goals late in games. Entering his prime.

Will be a POD.

timtim

Given the Cats' mid injuries I wonder if he'll also see more action there?

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on February 25, 2014, 11:46:33 PM

On Swallow, the coach has said he will play mid. Only played back last year due to injury but has trained with the mids all pre season. Still risky but I am strongly considering

tor01doc

Swallow, Hurn and even Grimes have been in my team.

Currently none of them.

Tomorrow is another day.