4 Starting Rookie Midfield

Started by thefuzz, February 25, 2014, 01:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefuzz

Was playing around with DT tonight and tried a 6 rookie midfield. I think it turns out quite nicely!

McVeigh, Mitchell, Hibberd, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald           S. Shaw, Fuller
Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Crouch, X. Ellis     Polec, Beams
Lobbe, Sandilands                                                               Currie, Thurlow
Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Franklin, Rohan               Kennedy-Harris, Kersten

Not sure who out of Swallow or Caddy is a better midprice option (Birchall+Caddy vs Swallow + T. Mitchell).
I have 13k leftover at the moment and going Birchall and Caddy instead leaves me with close to 80k in the bank.
Cheers!

j

McVeigh is over priced to will get better scores out of Bartel!
Mid are very weak.
Rucks are ok.
I hope your only planning to keep Roo for round one? Even then he's not worth that price, your money would be better off improving your mids. Rohan isn't good enough to be a scoring player in fantasy, he's a bench option at best and hopefully a decent cash cow.
Definitely go Swallow-Mitchell, no contest.
Hope this helps.

Money

Quote from: j on February 26, 2014, 12:24:12 AM
McVeigh is over priced to will get better scores out of Bartel!
Mid are very weak.
Rucks are ok.
I hope your only planning to keep Roo for round one? Even then he's not worth that price, your money would be better off improving your mids. Rohan isn't good enough to be a scoring player in fantasy, he's a bench option at best and hopefully a decent cash cow.
Definitely go Swallow-Mitchell, no contest.
Hope this helps.

Bartel has been declining in average every year, and you'd find that players that play forward score less then those who run off flanks or sit in the pocket for cheap +6's so with Bartel's possible move to forward I see a 91 average while McVeigh should go 97+ again

Canuck

Ya I think you're a bit brave with that midfield.  Especially when Thomas is a midpriced gift.  You could justify having 3 rookies in the mids.

I would free up cash by downgrading Riewoldt (probably overpriced) to Caddy.  Then switch a rookie mid to Thomas and see how much cash you have left.

Obviously Hibberd might need to get changed after last night.