Main Menu

Dean Cox

Started by init4themoney, February 24, 2014, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

init4themoney

At 578K running the best he ever has still a good pick you think?

GoLions

IMO Goldy, Minson, NicNat, and Leuenberger will all average more than him this year. Considering the last 2 mentioned are cheaper, I wouldn't say he'd be the best pick. Could be a nice POD though, but not for me.

H1bb3i2d

I like the look of Cox tbh, rucks are such a pain in the a$$ this year, Cox might just be the answer.
Shouldn't average anything less than 105, a nice early draw... It's between him and NicNact for me, pending fitness.
FWIW, I don't see him slowing down just yet, and will be the 3rd highest scoring ruckman (behind Minson and Goldy), he's one of the more durable ruckmen which makes the selection a whole lot less of a risk than most others.... even IF he does drop a few points

GoLions

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on February 24, 2014, 10:34:46 PM
I like the look of Cox tbh, rucks are such a pain in the a$$ this year, Cox might just be the answer.
I don't think Cox is the cure for a pain in the ass...

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 24, 2014, 10:37:28 PM

Was waiting to see who would strike on that one  8)

Sabretooth Tigers

;) ;)
Only had to wait 3 mins too H1.  There is something horribly mongrel about the ruck situation this year. I can't even come up with a confidant set and forget, nothing appealing in DPP and still trying to match someone with Nicnat. Don't like the risk with Sandi but don't really see an alternative. Trust neither Minson, nor Goldy who hates sharing ruck duties. Oh well that's SC for you. Cheers guys and gals.    ;) ;)

eaglesman

i think cox can average more than goldy and minson to be honest ... but if nic nat plays round 1 he is obviously the better option

sniper

Going the DeanStein is looking like the least risky premo ruck option with regard to injury and consistency.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: sniper on February 24, 2014, 11:55:06 PM
Going the DeanStein is looking like the least risky premo ruck option with regard to injury and consistency.

I just feel like the money could be used in other areas though... Can't bring myself to spend $610k on Goldy when Rockliff is staring right at me with a $590k price-tag!

Probably the safest, but FWIW I don't think it's worth the dough. I can see why people would ignore Sandi, HMac has not once crossed my mind, no chance to string enough game time together early on, Grundy is.... a boy, but there are still guys out there like Hampson who could be a solid R2 without Ivan, Hickey seems to have McEvoy's spot, some believe in Lobbe (I'm skeptical however).

Due to the lack of (and high priced) rookies, money-making will be harder than ever, so if you can find an (a or an?) R2 that can make $120k and pick Goldy up $70k cheaper, plus avoid a bye donut, its going to be gold. Picking the right one is the issue...

ubeaut

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on February 25, 2014, 12:05:37 AM

I just feel like the money could be used in other areas though... Can't bring myself to spend $610k on Goldy when Rockliff is staring right at me with a $590k price-tag!

Probably the safest, but FWIW I don't think it's worth the dough. I can see why people would ignore Sandi, HMac has not once crossed my mind, no chance to string enough game time together early on, Grundy is.... a boy, but there are still guys out there like Hampson who could be a solid R2 without Ivan, Hickey seems to have McEvoy's spot, some believe in Lobbe (I'm skeptical however).

Due to the lack of (and high priced) rookies, money-making will be harder than ever, so if you can find an (a or an?) R2 that can make $120k and pick Goldy up $70k cheaper, plus avoid a bye donut, its going to be gold. Picking the right one is the issue...
I agree. There is money to be made somewhere in the midpriced rucks. And rookies are scarce and expensive.

I had Cox/Goldstein combo to start last season worked well - but I could afford it - plus the luxury of having Cox forward. Can't find the cash ATM!

Grufflez

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on February 25, 2014, 12:05:37 AM

Agreed but i also don't want any players in my team who are just ''space fillers''  who won't make at least 100k simply because i can't find a better option or have no money left to spare

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 24, 2014, 10:37:28 PM
haha definitely a nomination for the Trevor Marmalade Award award

RaisyDaisy

With NicNat not being named again for this weeks NAB, I am seriously considering dumping him and going with Cox

Cox is a beast, barely misses a game and still scores well most weeks even with NicNat in the team