Main Menu

Hibberd

Started by Woppa15, February 18, 2014, 09:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woppa15

Didn't get to see the game last night, by all reports Hibberd did well SC wise. Where did he play and what role did he have?

jfitty

Same role as he usual has. Kicking the ball out of defence across half back and getting a few easy touches at full back.

Definitely lock him away for a 95 average this season, just a matter of whether he can push it up towards 100.

Woppa15

dmac07

In my team right now at d3 and kind of hoping he stays  unique!

The_Captain

not for me. With Goddard and watson back. heppel will play that role i reckon.. Can see him averaging any more than 90..

Grufflez

Quote from: noto07 on February 18, 2014, 03:07:30 PM
not for me. With Goddard and watson back. heppel will play that role i reckon.. Can see him averaging any more than 90..

? They won't continue with Heppel in the midfield this year? is that what you are saying?

jfitty

I think Heppell will continue to play mainly midfield.

Fletcher, Dempsey and perhaps Pears were really the only defenders missing from the team. Hibberd will play the same role he did last year, but I think he will still only average around 90-95. There's a little more upside to guys like Simpson and Hanley I reckon.

The_Captain

Quote from: Grufflez on February 18, 2014, 03:12:42 PM

? They won't continue with Heppel in the midfield this year? is that what you are saying?

I reckon only small bursts through there.

have howlett, watson, stanton, goddard, zaha all running through there before him.

dmac07

Quote from: noto07 on February 18, 2014, 03:20:55 PM

have howlett, watson, stanton, goddard, zaha all running through there before him.

wouldnt think howlett and zaha would get any more time than heppel through the midfield.  Watson, goddard will get the most time, but see heppel, zaha, stanton getting pretty even rotations, and howlett behind them as he is the best of the lot fwd.

Dempsey and hibberd will continue to be the two main rebounders, if dempsey cant get on the park they may try someone else as a second rebounding option though.

ubeaut

Quote from: dmac07 on February 18, 2014, 03:41:16 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 18, 2014, 03:20:55 PM

wouldnt think howlett and zaha would get any more time than heppel through the midfield.  Watson, goddard will get the most time, but see heppel, zaha, stanton getting pretty even rotations, and howlett behind them as he is the best of the lot fwd.

Dempsey and hibberd will continue to be the two main rebounders, if dempsey cant get on the park they may try someone else as a second rebounding option though.
Yes +1. Heppel is a mid they like him there. Dempsey and Hibberd are the Half Backs. But don't pick Hibberd the less people that pick him the better. He won't set the world on fire but u should get what u pay for. Plus the Bombers always start well - look at Hibberds numbers start of last season.

Toga

Surely Heppell will keep playing in the mids, I don't see Hibberd's role changing regardless because he has such a good leg on him.

quinny88

Hibberds role wont change but teams will give him attention this year. He ran free in the first half of last year

ben_020285

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on February 18, 2014, 06:13:35 PM
Hibberds role wont change but teams will give him attention this year. He ran free in the first half of last year

That's what I'm worried about...

enzedder