My MPP Supercoach Team -Thanks for Feedback!

Started by maxweas, March 11, 2010, 12:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxweas

Hi everyone,  any feedback is very welcome

GODDARD, Brendon [MID]
HODGE, Luke [MID]
KENNELLY, Tadhg
MALCESKI, Nick
POLAK, Graham [FWD]
LADSON, Rick [MID]
DUFFIELD, Paul
SILVAGNI, Alex
SHEPPARD, Bradley

ABLETT, Gary
PAVLICH, Matthew [FWD]
SELWOOD, Joel
TRENGOVE, Jack
MARTIN, Dustin
STEWART, Paul [DEF]
BANNER, Mitchell
MOLES, Brodie

WHITE, Jesse
SANDILANDS, Aaron
WARNOCK, Robert
LOBBE, Matthew [FWD]

RIEWOLDT, Nick
O'KEEFE, Ryan [MID]
FRANKLIN, Lance
TIPPETT, Kurt [RUC]
WESTHOFF, Justin
HALL, Barry
DANGERFIELD, Patrick [MID]
HITCHCOCK, Cameron
ROCKLIFF, Tom

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Wastelander

Ok, here goes:

I think your back is lacking depth, there isn't enough quality there, Goddard is an obvious lock, but I think you need one more premium in there. I don't like Polak and Ladson, I don't think either will score well.

Pav should probably be in your forward, unless you're hoping to use the MPP rule. Even then, I'd have Pav in the forward and maybe Higgins or someone in the mid.

There are far better options than J. Trengove at a lot cheaper price, look at Sheuy, Barlow, and even Jetta. And use the money from Trengove to upgrade a defender.

I'd get rid of J. White for Seaby, or even swap out Tippitt to 2nd ruck spot and get a cheaper forward like Warran or Ballantyne.
Westoff is an iteresting one, could pay off.

All in all, not too bad, does need some attention though.

Resch

It is a nice MPP team.  Stewart is an interesting but key choice for the strategy.

Some good semi-uniques - Duffield and the Hoff

Agree on White.  Better out there.

Trengove could be anything so if you like him keep him.  Rookies are always a bit of a gamble.  I think Melbourne has to play him and his form over the pre-season has improved.  However, if you need a few $ others are there.

Nice to see something a bit different and if there are a few injuries to popular players early might do OK.

maxweas

Thanks everyone for your feedback. ;)

As per Resch's post - I have tried to go down the MPP track, though only Lobbe and Stewart are in the team based on the MPP and neither subtract from the structure I think.

The only other aspect is Pav in the mids.  With this strategy I can switch Goddard, Ladson or Hodge into the Mids. And move Dangerfield and Okeefe around as well.  I am hoping that this will cut out a couple of trades. 

This will also hopefully allow me to upgrade danger and Ladson as mids.

On the backs Goddard, Hodge and Duffield are Premiums and Kennelly, Malceski, Ladson and Polak are all value players.  Richmond has no choice but to play Polak every week at full forward.  Probably along with White my weakest player. 

I would swap White and Polak out but can not see anything better at the price range.  Seaby will have limited time with Mummy playing first ruck and White playing 3rd tall forward and Mummy can't get it around the ground.   I have 39k left.

stoneius

Here is my MPP team in comparison.  Main focus is using midfield bench players to cover mid/fwd/def injuries, as they should score a lot higher on average than fwd/def bench players.  Ultimatley 4/7 fwds and 4/7 backs can go down, and be replaced by a mid bench player.  Have not worried about ruck cover, and gone with 2 premium ruckman instead:

Goddard (MID)
Enright
Gilbee (MID)
Gram (MID)
Hunt
Ladson (MID)
Waters

Maguire, Silvani

Ablett
Gibbs
Hodge (DEF)
Higgins (FWD)
Trengove
Martin

Jetta, Barlow

Sandilands
Clark

Warnock, Skipper

O'Keefe (MID)
Pavlich (MID)
Harvey (MID)
Gray
Hall
Ziebell (MID)
Rockliff

Gumbleton, Podisadly

Resch

Another nice MPP team Stoneius.

Time will tell whether the strategy works or not, but if I had to put one together it would be pretty close to this.

Not the place to start a discussion on the merits of MPP it has been done to death at various places.  Good luck with it.