First draft of my team for this year - any improvements/changes?

Started by dcmagadia21, February 11, 2014, 07:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

Defenders: McVeigh, Hodge, Hibberd, Seedsman, Suckling, Fuller - Howard, Laidler
Midfielders: Ablett, Rockliff, Ebert, Watson, Beams, Martin, Tyson, Beams - Polec, Honeychurch
Rucks: Minson, Sandilands - Thurlow, Currie
Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Dixon, Clark, Fasolo - Rohan, Kersten
$89,900 left

I haven't really paid attention to AFL Fantasy at all in the pre-season and I kinda realised oh god, the season is about to start soon and I haven't even done my research. So this is my team with little or no research haha :P constructive criticism would be good :)

dcmagadia21

Changed it haha

Defenders: McVeigh, Hibberd, Birchall, Seedsman, Suckling, Fuller - Howard, Laidler
Midfielders: Ablett, Rockliff, Ebert, Watson, Beams, Ellis, Martin, Beams - Polec, Honeychurch
Rucks: Mumford, Sandilands - Thurlow, Currie

$9,700 left :) Thanks guys :D

benjy251090

Seedsman is injured mate! Apart from that, not too bad a side, few good uniques in Ellis and Ebert, good luck for the year!

dcmagadia21

Quote from: benjy251090 on February 11, 2014, 09:23:05 PM
Seedsman is injured mate! Apart from that, not too bad a side, few good uniques in Ellis and Ebert, good luck for the year!

Oh is he? I wasn't aware. Dammit, he was gonna be my POD haha oh well. Thanks for the heads up man :)

Defenders: McVeigh, Lumumba, Hibberd, Birchall, Suckling, Fuller - Howard, Laidler
Midfielders: Ablett, S.Selwood, Ebert, Watson, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Beams - Polec, Honeychurch
Rucks: Mumford, Sandilands - Thurlow, Currie

$18,000 left

I don't know whether to go Scooter and Thomas or Rockliff and Ellis  :-\

j

I'd go Rockliff and Thomas! Hanley is a better pick than Lumumba I think, and 12k cheaper. Also Clark is injured too. I'd try to get longer in there instead of currie, he'll be the saints no.1 pretty quickly.

popedelio

Quote from: j on February 14, 2014, 02:26:39 PM
I'd go Rockliff and Thomas! Hanley is a better pick than Lumumba I think, and 12k cheaper. Also Clark is injured too. I'd try to get longer in there instead of currie, he'll be the saints no.1 pretty quickly.

I seem to disagree with you slightly on HL and Hanley. HL was really good last season and his role seems to haven't changed during the first NAB game, I expect him to be rebounding and playing on the wing picking of handball receives and +6s. Also Hanley is more likely to be tag and too succumb to a tag, this is just opinion but you know what I mean.

Also Longer isn't guaranteed to be number 1 ruck, he is competing with Hickey. Time will tell.

dcmagadia21

I changed it again... jeez I'm so indecisive haha

Def: McVeigh, Lumumba, Hibberd, Birchall, Suckling, L.McDonald - Howard, Laidler
Mid: Ablett, Jack, Ebert, Watson, D.Beams, J.Martin, Michie, C.Beams - Polec, Honeychurch
Ruck: Mumford, Sandilands - Currie, Thurlow
Fwd: Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Parker, Dixon, Hogan, Lamb - Rohan, Kersten

$29,200 left :)