WXV 2014 Preseason Competition

Started by ossie85, February 11, 2014, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 19, 2014, 11:22:07 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 19, 2014, 11:15:34 AM
Quote from: Honey Badger on February 19, 2014, 11:14:33 AM
You won't miss out nigey. Assuming none miss the final cut you have 8 left to play, whereas the only teams that could stand a chance of getting past you for the 4th spot (Toronto and Moscow) only have 3 left to play each.
To be honest, I really didn't look at who Moscow and Toronto had left.
Trust me you will be the second highest scoring team this round ;)
Hopefully we go one better next round then!  ;)

Ringo

Hey Oss Not to argue with the spreadsheet king but I have Royals on 1345 from 24 players at an average of 56.04.  as there is a 43 point discrepancy and one player suspect it may be Dannyle Pearce who scored 43 last night.  Mayne not playing last night really hurt my chances.

Nige

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on February 19, 2014, 11:40:21 AM
Hey Oss Not to argue with the spreadsheet king but I have Royals on 1345 from 24 players at an average of 56.04.  as there is a 43 point discrepancy and one player suspect it may be Dannyle Pearce who scored 43 last night.  Mayne not playing last night really hurt my chances.

^ this is why it pays to check my work :P

Exactly correct Ringo, I gave 43 to Clancee instead of Danyle.

So your score goes up by 43, Cairo's goes down by 43....

Which actually means Cairo get knocked out of 4th place, and are replaced by Toronto :/

Sorry Cairo. Blame London's appeal :P

Nige

Thanks a lot, Ringo.  >:(

Hopefully CF's right.  :P

CrowsFan

Nige

Memphistopheles

You won't miss out nigey. Assuming none miss the final cut you have 8 left to play, whereas the only teams that could stand a chance of getting past you for the 4th spot (Toronto and Moscow) only have 3 left to play each.

Um actually there is a slight chance Cairo (I'm assuming that's you Nigey) could miss out as we (Cape Town) have a lot of players to come thanks to Chumpy's affinity with the Swans and could jump over Cairo into second in the group.

Cairo: 1538 with Malceski, Goodes, Mumford, Laidler, H Marsh, Giles, Dunstan and Dickson to come
Cape Town: 1226 with JP Kennedy, Cameron, O'Keefe, Cooney, Bird, Rohan, Lamb, Plowman, S Reid and N Haynes to come.

3 more players but more importantly I think some real guns in Kennedy, Cameron, O'Keefe and Cooney could swing things our way.

Nige

As I said before, I wish I could be more confident that we will claim the 4th spot but the last thing I want to be is overconfident.

I think the modesty is my way of praying that it all works out for us.  :P

My Chumps

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2014, 12:54:29 PM

Um actually there is a slight chance Cairo (I'm assuming that's you Nigey) could miss out as we (Cape Town) have a lot of players to come thanks to Chumpy's affinity with the Swans and could jump over Cairo into second in the group.

Cairo: 1538 with Malceski, Goodes, Mumford, Laidler, H Marsh, Giles, Dunstan and Dickson to come
Cape Town: 1226 with JP Kennedy, Cameron, O'Keefe, Cooney, Bird, Rohan, Lamb, Plowman, S Reid and N Haynes to come.

3 more players but more importantly I think some real guns in Kennedy, Cameron, O'Keefe and Cooney could swing things our way.
Testify!

Was just about to point this out. Hopefully we can still make it. But more importantly, I'm very happy with the 68 average we've had from our players this preseason. Been very encouraging.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2014, 12:54:29 PM

I know who you had left, but honestly I don't see you bridging the gap, which is why I said Cairo will finish second. Although with Cairo being stripped of 43 points since I made the prediction it does become closer. So they are 269 points ahead with 8 left to play compared to your 10. So really you will need most of your players to be outscoring his to get ahead of him and I just don't see that happening.

Obviously if some of the players are left out of the final 26 it makes it easier, but I'm doing these predictions assuming all stay in the team. Plus I wouldn't call Cameron a gun just yet, a 72 average is not gun.

Nige

Dickson and Goodes doing their best to make sure we don't go through.  :P

Nige

Should have traded Tory Dickson to JROO.  >:(

Jukes

Why are y'all caring so much about the first week of the pre-season?