WXV 2014 Preseason Competition

Started by ossie85, February 11, 2014, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Well, they do have Big Boy and Ceglar... plus Hale and Roughy if you want to count them.

Surprised Ben Ross didn't get a gig.  :o

JBs-Hawks

Really dont see how Ceglar gets a game over Grimley. Grimley actually has talent  ???

CrowsFan

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 13, 2014, 06:45:42 PM
Really dont see how Ceglar gets a game over Grimley. Grimley actually has talent  ???
I reckon they will give McEvoy and Ceglar the next game off and play Grimley and Lowden

Nige

Happy with the Cairenes from tonight.  :D

Jordon Bourke a pleasant surprise.

Luke Breust top scorer too!

CrowsFan

So here are the SC scores from tonights game - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-scores-hawthorn-hawks-v-brisbane-lions/story-fni5f3gz-1226826602724

One thing I noticed was those scores add up to 3302, so looks like they have gone back to the scaling to 3300. Just thinking out loud, but if all the other games get scaled to the 3300 mark should the scores from last nights match get extrapolated out to 3300 to even it up? Basically it just gives everyone an extra 8 points (except for Stringer since he scored 0). Could make a difference if a team ends up missing out on the next round by say 12 points when they had 6 players in last nights game compared to the team above who had just 2...

Nails

Apparently you can get live-ish SC scores on the fox footy website like during the season last year? Someone said you could for Thursday's game anyway, so not sure why Ossie needs second rate links? :o

Unless that other fella was lying :o

CrowsFan

The fox footy website doesn't show all the players, only shows 22 from each team. How are links from the HS website second rate?

Toga

Quote from: ossie85 on February 13, 2014, 08:54:20 AM
The final 4 based on those scores would be:
Cape Town, Beijing, London, Seoul

Go 'Jing! :D

ossie85

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 13, 2014, 11:58:20 PM
So here are the SC scores from tonights game - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-scores-hawthorn-hawks-v-brisbane-lions/story-fni5f3gz-1226826602724

One thing I noticed was those scores add up to 3302, so looks like they have gone back to the scaling to 3300. Just thinking out loud, but if all the other games get scaled to the 3300 mark should the scores from last nights match get extrapolated out to 3300 to even it up? Basically it just gives everyone an extra 8 points (except for Stringer since he scored 0). Could make a difference if a team ends up missing out on the next round by say 12 points when they had 6 players in last nights game compared to the team above who had just 2...

That's interesting and annoyingly inconsistent! Will see how the other matches are scaled before making that decision though, but agree if all are 3300 we should scale up the scores (not by adding 8 points though, I'd spread it across proportionally).

Tangent - noticed while I was quoting - HB, why did you paste your URL like that? :P using the [u r l = website ] website [/ u r l]

ossie85

Group A: Sao Paulo, Cairo, Cape Town, Seoul, PNL, Wellington
Group B: Mexico City, Moscow, Toronto, New York, Tokyo, Beijing
Group C: Buenos Aires, Berlin, Dublin, London, New Delhi, Pacific

Using SC scores!

(After Hawks v Lions)
Group A
Cairo - 522
Sao Paulo - 510
Seoul - 463
Cape Town - 432
PNL - 413
Wellington - 343

Group B
Beijing - 610
Toronto - 415
Mexico City - 329
Tokyo - 329
Moscow - 215
New York - 175

Group C
Buenos Aires - 434
New Delhi - 364
London - 277
Dublin - 159
Pacific - 103
Berlin - 101

Cairo, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo (with Cairo, Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo pushing out Cape Town, London and Seoul)

Beijing going strong! Thundering very loudly.....

And Group A is looking a very strong group indeed.

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on February 14, 2014, 08:22:39 AM
Tangent - noticed while I was quoting - HB, why did you paste your URL like that? :P using the [u r l = website ] website [/ u r l]
It was a mistake on my end. Since I generally just use the quick reply I type in the url stuff rather than click the button. As a force of habit I wrote url = then pasted the website. Then didn't realise I had written the = sign so kept typing the rest of what I was saying. Once it was posted I looked at it and realised that everything I had said was now the link. So went back and changed it by deleting the = sign, but apparantly that just decided to change it to what you saw when you quoted... Weird  ???

Nige

My Chumps

New recruit Brad Hill putting his hand up for selection round 1 with a solid performance!

ossie85

(After Demons v Tigers)
Group A
Wellington - 692
Cape Town - 653
Cairo - 608
Sao Paulo - 601
Seoul - 552
PNL - 520

Group B
Beijing - 673
Moscow - 640
Toronto - 593
Mexico City - 507
Tokyo - 463
New York - 265

Group C
Buenos Aires - 697
New Delhi - 587
Berlin - 449
Dublin - 353
London - 343
Pacific - 298

Wellington, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Cape Town (with Wellington and Cape Town pushing out Cairo and Sao Paulo)

Last year's bottom 4 looking pretty good still!

Master Q

Could be because most of our squad's are younger players who are given more of a go in the Challenge.

Carn Thunder!