The Bargin Ruck Theory

Started by nick1408, March 13, 2009, 01:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedMeades

he is far too stubborn to admit he is completely wrong.

pgillw

Nick1408 is a knobend.

He puts up a controversial POV, defends it and yet doesn't explain why. 

Good luck with Bellchambers, Graham, and the entire DT comp.  You'll need it because skill and research is clearly beyond you.

Inside tip: get on Fosdike, Curly Austin and that Charlie Brownlow bloke...

nick1408

I was pretty sure I explained why in the OP.  I didn't want to pump $450,000 into Cox and then another $300,000 into a ruck that I don't think will be as consistant so I have gone with rucks that are consistantly playing games and cheap backups and then loaded up the rest of the side with players who I think will get the points tht the rucks miss out on with the possibility of upgrading the rookies later for better players in the forward line particulary.

If you want me to explain something then ask a question.  I am more than happy to answer.

Also.  I don't believe there is a "right" and "wrong" way to play Dream Team.  To say someone is "complletely wrong" suggests there is.  I just offered up my thinking.  I am not saying that this is the way to play, just an idea of how to and how I am going to.

hibbo

"I have gone with rucks that are consistant"

How can u say this???

U have chosen rucks that havent played 10 games between them...they will struggle for game time and u will be lcuky to get 80 out of them together each week. If by consistent u mean u will consistently get below 70 from them put togetehr then u are right. Otherwise stupid comment!

nick1408

consistant is probablt the wrong comment.  i mean consistant games.  i don't care what they score as long as they play.  the score will be picked up in other areas of the ground

Keza41

i agree with salad fingers...

You don't need to have Cox at the start of the year.

I'm hoping to upgrade to him at about round 6 when eliminator starts... i think.

But the thing i don't agree with is that he has gone and told us how much money it's saved him, he's just gone and blown it away in the midfield. Apart from your midfield your team is hopeless.

At least with my team i have good players around the ground and not wasted it.

Keza41

woops i meant to say nick1408's team...

sorry salad fingers if you read this.

nick1408

Keza, out of interest's sake what part of my forwards and backs would you change?  I actually thought I had them set up pretty well with the money I had.

Jesterface

If you want bargain rucks you should look into Hampson for carlton..
or now that Jamar is out the melbourne ruck division is worth a shot. Johnson is only 306,000 and he's gonna be forced to step it up seeing as how the two possible replacements are meesen and spencer (who only just got elevated off the rookie list) . I've got meesen as my 4th ruckman at 86,600 and he 'should' get a few games..

nick1408

Well the team I ended up going in with was:

Backs: Goddard, C.Cornes, Malceski, Hodge, R.Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Suban)

Mids: Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Cousins, Swan, Boak (Anthony, Rich)

Rucks: Bellchambers, A.Browne (Jacobs, Spencer)

Forwards: Franklin, B.Harvey, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell, Ben Reid, Deledio (Sidebottom, T.Walker)

So first up I have been hit with injuries to Anthony, Raines and Cousins.  Lucky thing for first round injuries (if there is a 'lucky' thing) is that the price won't drop due to shower scores so the only player I will really need to change the way I see it is Anthony as he is the only one with a long term injury at this stage.  Obvisually Cousins injury is iffy but Raines could be back by round 3 so I am prepared to go with either of my subs for 1 or 2 weeks.  If Cousins is out past round 3 then I will be force to trade him for someone, most likely Lockyer at this stage.

The Hawthorn-Geelong game threw up a few more potential dramas in Hodge most likely getting suspended so that will bring both my bench players in for at least 1 week or force a trade if the bench players are not selected next week.

Two games in and already the dramas are unfolding!

allender100

B: J.Bowden, C.Cornes, N.Malceski, L.Hodge, B.Goddard, J.W.Smith, A.Raines
Subs: N.Suban, J.Trengove

M: J.Bartel, G.Ablett, J.Corey (c), D.Swan, A.Cooney, T.Boak
Subs: A.Collins, T.Swift

R: B.Renouf, T.West
Subs: D.Currie, J.Giles

F: M.Pavlich, B.Harvey (vc), S.Lucas, S.Higgins, T.Hentnchel, A.Nahas, S.Sidebottom
Subs: S.Gumbleton, H.Ballentyne

wow worst team ever!!!

nick1408

Did you read the OP?  The team you mentioned was a theretical team for if you chose to load up the midfield to suppliment the lack of rucks.  At no stage was I ever going to play this team.  However if you read the post previous to yours you will see the team I entered round one with

Jesterface

I'd probably have Jacobs or Spencer starting on ahead of Browne...

nick1408

Quote from: Jesterface on March 29, 2009, 01:52:02 PM
I'd probably have Jacobs or Spencer starting on ahead of Browne...

Agreed.  The write up in the prospectus made me go with Browne but I should have listened to a mate of mine who saw him while he was playing in Mansfield.  Spencer would have been the logical choice since he was named in the starting ruck position

dylan84

unlike the rest i can see some sence in this theory, and good on u for trying something different. although i would cox asap, regardless of what he is scoring. maybe petranko/ziebell could earn you decent cash for that trade in 7 rounds or so.