Zorko Forward link - Herald Sun

Started by Coxy10, February 09, 2014, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coxy10

Article on Zorko in the Herald Sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-coach-justin-leppitsch-lauds-dayne-zorkos-efforts-during-tough-preseason/story-fni5f4q3-1226821361299

"Zorko finished last season with 26 goals, 21 scoring assists, 117 tackles and 15 possessions a game and will again spend this year in the forward line, with Brisbane placing a greater emphasis on creating suffocating forward pressure."

Speculator

Yeah I saw that. It was the writer's words however rather than a quote from Zorko himself who was actually quoted several times elsewhere in the article. I'm not prepared yet to take those words at face value. It's still a wait and see for me but I admit that's not what I wanted to read.

Noz

They should keep him in the forward line he was excellent last year.

colmullet

was interesting reading that he had hip problems last year that he had to manage throughout but now feels like he's ready to go and killing it pre-season

NoButYeah

Reportedly played a midfield role in their intra-club match a few days ago and was one of the better performers.

GoLions

Quote from: NoButYeah on February 09, 2014, 05:55:52 PM
Reportedly played a midfield role in their intra-club match a few days ago and was one of the better performers.
That's with the team split though, so there are twice as many mids playing than in a normal match. Would be surprised if he is given a fair amount of mid time during the H&A season.

Anubis

Looks like there is midfield time on the cards