Help me and i'll help you

Started by blues boy, February 06, 2014, 09:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blues boy

Backs: S. Mitchell, J. Bartel, K. Simpson, M. Suckling, K. Kolo, L. Mcdonald (M. Fuller and J. Laidler)

Midfield: D. Swan, G. Ablett, J. Watson, D. Beams, M. Murphy, D. Thomas, D. Tyson, C. Beams (J. Polec and X. Ellis)

Rucks: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands (M. Daw and B. Longer)

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Roughead, P. Chapman, J. Lamb, G. Rohan (N. Bock and S. Kersten)

Cash Left: $52,900

Im really happy with my Midfield and Forwards as i see them being pretty strong as well as making money at the same time.

My rucks i dont mind as i can see at least 2 of the 4 playing most weeks and making some serious cash

My Backs however im not so sure, i have 4 very solid players and then 4 money makers no in betweens.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the whole team?

I will help you with yours if you wanna post it on this thread.

Cheers guys

thefuzz

I'd take McVeigh over Smitchell easily. Bartels average is likely to decline and I can't justify his price tag- Hibberd/Birch/Hanley could be alternatives.
I don't think you really need Daw and Longer, I would pick just the one and use the cash elsewhere.
Roughy is a bit risky now Buddy is gone and McEvoy enters the team. Not a lot of risk, but there is a little bit.
Don't know how well Lamb will score, plus if Clark is fit I would turn him into Clark anyway. I'd consider using this cash to either turn Marc into Cotchin or Polec/Ellis into say Michie or Dunstan.
Nothing particularly bad here though.

Money

Good backs not as solid as most though being a premo down but should be okay with Macca and KK eyeing off early games, was once on the bartel train but now off, think their is more better options as fuzz mentioned, standard rooks but effective
Indeed a strong midfield, Gary and Swan are lovely picks and jobe should easily do enough to cover D3, don't rate Murphy, I honestly think M1-M5 are for keepers and I just don't think he'll average enough to be one, solid rook options and standard bench
Risky rucks but should be effective, bench cover is crazy though, if you're willing to spend over 200k that's cool but you should have a cheapie at R4 (Thurlow, Currie) and that will save you lots of dosh
Love the forward line, Chappy and Roughy are solid picks and Lamb should be a reliable pick up, I was once keen on Rohan at D6 but I now think for safety reasons he should be bench only, maybe Longer to Currie and Bock/Kersten to Fasolo/Clark?

blues boy

Cheers fellas really appreciate your feedback!
McVeigh and Mitchell are both locks so i went bartel to McVeigh because i can see bartel dropping a bit in price but still being a top 6 backmen.

I think i will drop daw to currie giving me an extra 100K. I can see longer scoring more and playing more then Daw

Interesting to hear your thoughts on roughy fuzz i hadnt considered that at all but still think he will be a top 6 forward at the end of the year

Not sold on fasolo at all cant see him being in collingwoods best 21 he will wear the vest more then once this year without a doubt! Clark on the other hand is a possibility, how is he travelling?

cargs2

Need help with my team 

Def: J.McVeigh S.Mitchell D.Swallow M.Suckling K.Kolodjashnij L.McDonald ( J.Laidler J.Tippett )
Mid: G.Ablett T.Rockliff T.Cotchin D.Beams M.Murphy B.Ellis D.Thomas J.Polec ( X.Ellis P.Wearden )
Ruc: H.McIntosh A.Sandilands ( D.Currie S.Naismith )
Fwd: P.Dangerfield D.Martin J.Roughead L.Franklin P.Chapman J.Hogan ( N.Bock S.Kersten )
Salary Cap Remaining: $1,500

j

I'd keep the original team. McVeigh had a great season last season but he won't be able to do as well this season. Bartel is a gun and since its been said he'll spend more time in the mids and forwards he the best value pick available. The one lock everyone should have!
On your original team-
Backs- Nailed it! The best I've seen.
Mids- very strong. Keep In mind collingwood does not have a great draw till there bye so better to pick up Pendels or Swan after round 8. Ablett will be facing some great taggers at the start of the season I wouldn't be getting him till after round 5. Both would drop in price by then too.
Rucks- not to bad, nice and cheap. A bit risky to go with 2 injury prone players on the field though, hopefully it works out. You could consider down grading Daw to Thurlow for cash to upgrade McIntosh since Daw's still under an injury cloud as well.
Forwards-. Chappy won't play a full season. There are better options for his price. I don't think Rohan is good enough to be on the field, but he's a good bench option. You need someone better in F6 to strengthen up your forward line.

Hagebear

I would definitely go Majak Daw into Thurlow. It's just too much money to have on the bench as R4. And TBH even at his price I can't see Majak making much money really.should leave u with about $160k remaining to do whatever with.

blues boy

Quote from: cargs2 on February 13, 2014, 12:20:39 AM
Need help with my team 

Def: J.McVeigh S.Mitchell D.Swallow M.Suckling K.Kolodjashnij L.McDonald ( J.Laidler J.Tippett )
Mid: G.Ablett T.Rockliff T.Cotchin D.Beams M.Murphy B.Ellis D.Thomas J.Polec ( X.Ellis P.Wearden )
Ruc: H.McIntosh A.Sandilands ( D.Currie S.Naismith )
Fwd: P.Dangerfield D.Martin J.Roughead L.Franklin P.Chapman J.Hogan ( N.Bock S.Kersten )
Salary Cap Remaining: $1,500

Def: Solid, but im not sold on Swallow not sure what the hype about him is. Also haven't heard of J. Tippet so unless you know something i dont try to get fuller from the doggies in there.

Mid: Incredibly strong if not too strong! If you drop one of Murphy/ellis/thomas to one of the low mid pricers around the 200K such as michie/tyson/beams/aish/dunell/cripps. This will generate heaps of cash (at least 120k)

Rucks: Need better ruck cover considering how injury prone R1 and R2 are.

Fwd: Again another really strong line which could benefit your team if you probably drop chappy since he isnt going to play every game. Also J. Hogan is injured and may not be ready for Rd1. So ditch Chappy and hogan for two of maybe  Caddy/fasolo/Rohan/lamb/l.taylor/clark etc.

This should give you roughly 150K left over if not more which you could use on improving your rucks a little or upgrading swallow to someone else.

blues boy

Backs: S. Mitchell, J. McVeigh, K. Simpson, M. Suckling, K. Kolo, L. Mcdonald (M. Fuller and J. Laidler)

Midfield: D. Swan, G. Ablett, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, D. Tyson, C. Beams (J. Polec and X. Ellis)

Rucks: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands ( B. Longer and D. Currie )

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Roughead, P. Chapman, J. Lamb, G. Rohan (N. Bock and S. Kersten)

Cash Left: $101,500

Made some changes since the original post.

Ins: McVeigh, Cotchin, Currie + $50K

Outs: Bartel, Murphy, Daw

However i'm considering dropping ablett to get either scott selwood or rockliff and then i would be able to upgrade Mcintosh to possibly Lobbe.

Also i am seriously thinking about dropping chapman to possibly caddy

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Keep posting teams and i will comment my thoughts!

j

Definitely drop Chappy. Keep Caddy

blues boy

Quote from: j on February 13, 2014, 09:32:12 PM
Definitely drop Chappy. Keep Caddy

I would be dropping chappy for caddy?

Why so confident on dropping chappy? heard he is flying

j

He has said he won't play a full season. He's hoping for a max of 16 games and if he's not injured he'll ask to be rested

blues boy

Quote from: j on February 14, 2014, 12:58:27 PM
He has said he won't play a full season. He's hoping for a max of 16 games and if he's not injured he'll ask to be rested

True! Would be a frustrating season if i have him. Dropping chappy and getting caddy will give me an extra 60K

blues boy

My team has changed a fair bit since my last update.

Backs: S. Mitchell, J. McVeigh, K. Simpson, M. Suckling, K. Kolo, L. Mcdonald (M. Fuller and J. Laidler)

Midfield: D. Swan, T. Rockliff, J. Watson, D. Beams, D. Swallow, D. Thomas, D. Tyson, C. Beams (J. Polec and X. Ellis)

Rucks: H. McIntosh, A. Sandilands ( B. Longer and D. Currie )

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, J. Caddy, J. Lamb (G. Rohan and S. Kersten)

Cash Left: $144, 900

The ins are: D. Swallow, M. Pavlich, J. Caddy, T. Rockliff, L. Franklin + $43,400

The outs are: G. Ablett, J. Roughead, P. Chapman, N. Bock, T. Cotchin

Obviously this makes my forwards a lot stronger, since i had to do something about N. Bock and P. Chapman.

However i am still tossing up on whether or not to keep Rockliff or Ablett since i have more then enough cash to do either.

D. Swallow is in the mids for the minute because i couldn't get him in the backline unless i dropped L. Mcdonald or K. Kolo which i really dont want to do.

Thoughts please guys would be appreciated!!

Also feel free to post your teams on here and i will comment on them ASAP!

Cheers

truBLUE

Solid team bb def excellent
Mids are good only thing I feel your losing to many points by having swallow in mids and not def,
Rucks not to keen on McIntosh hasn't had a game as yet is a little worrying
Fwd love it :)