Charlie Dixon

Started by timtim, February 06, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

The other chestnut that people need to take into account is the likelihood of Thurlow or Rory Lobb or any other rookies not being named in the round 1 side. It will then become a question of either selecting Dixon or spending more cash on R3. Some may feel that trading is the best way to go but what happens if there's a late withdrawl, a 1-2 week suspension or a surprise vest? Relying on 22 games from both starting ruckman is a pretty big call, not to mention the carnage that awaits during the bye period.

Bully

Quote from: Speculator on February 07, 2014, 08:58:47 AM
I'm playing sandi at R3. I toyed with the idea of Dixon at F4 but couldn't bring myself to sacrifice franklin or pav for it. It also provides me with ruck bench loophole options.

I like this idea, someone mentioned it before and it makes perfect sense. The rookies this year look to be very thin on the ground, having Sandi with a loophole option pretty much secures your ruck department for the entire year as well.

Interesting comparison, Minson + Goldy + Rookie + Rookie = 1.45 million
                                   Naitanui + Hmac + Sandi + Rookie = 1.28 million

I think option 2 is by far the more sensible move, it's cheaper, it has loophole cover, managing injuries shouldn't be a problem and the byes look to be covered.

enzedder

Thought long and hard about this but have decided against it.

Was considering him for F3 as cover for rucks but at his price it robs my team in other places.

Will put my trust in Sandi at R2 and run with conventional ruck rookies I think. Hopefully Sandi lasts the distance or at least until he has made money to be traded to a premium keeper.

ben_020285

The other thing to remember is that Dixon has the dreaded round 8 bye.

If you're going for overall and you have Ablett, Pendles and D Beams in your MIDS along with Danger, Dusty and Dixon in your FWDS then you are going to lose some serious points during round 8.

A team with a good bye structure can really put itself in contention for overall.

Bully

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 08, 2014, 09:05:19 AM
The other thing to remember is that Dixon has the dreaded round 8 bye.

If you're going for overall and you have Ablett, Pendles and D Beams in your MIDS along with Danger, Dusty and Dixon in your FWDS then you are going to lose some serious points during round 8.

A team with a good bye structure can really put itself in contention for overall.

Excellent point, it just adds weight to having Naitanui, Hmac & Sandi all in the starting line-up. The bye rounds will be covered and hopefully the ruck becomes a case of set and forget.

dahlhaus06

took the punt on dixon, believe it's time to correct that punt now!

batt

Not.  Giving.  Up. 

I dunno, I just can't do it.  I feel he has it in him.  Don't think I can fully assess him on a game and a half.  I'm sure I'll be in the minority that keep the faith in Charlie. 

If you backed him in at a premo price it makes little sense to get rid of him this early on unless you're convinced he's not going to improve.

theta

I got him anticipating a 90 average leading to the byes.  So far we have a concussion and wet weather game.  Not happy.

redfield

I started him over Wingard purely because I wanted insurance for Sandi. Obviously it hasn't exactly played out well but I still think Dixon can average about 95 which I will be happy with. There's not much you can do when freak things like concussion happen and then we get a wet weather game. I'll be holding him for now and reassess after rd 3. If he puts in an average game against Brisbane then I'll move him on for Zorko, most likely (only an absolute blinder by Zorko and shocker from Dixon would prevent me from being able to do a straight swap.)

shaker

What people see in this guy is beyond me now that a couple of cheap rucks look like getting a go get rid of him before he bleeds you dry of cash

crowls

Quote from: redfield on March 31, 2014, 09:44:04 AM
I started him over Wingard purely because I wanted insurance for Sandi. Obviously it hasn't exactly played out well but I still think Dixon can average about 95 which I will be happy with. There's not much you can do when freak things like concussion happen and then we get a wet weather game. I'll be holding him for now and reassess after rd 3. If he puts in an average game against Brisbane then I'll move him on for Zorko, most likely (only an absolute blinder by Zorko and shocker from Dixon would prevent me from being able to do a straight swap.)

This is an option for me too.  i got backline and forward problems.  could go down to hickey and trade up cameron to swallow, giving me 4 prem backs.     or hold off another week but swallow out of price range unless i td m wright to rookie?  who taylor/impey

Keeper27

got a massive BE of 199, and looks to lose $67K

elephants