Rate my team, version 8.. comment please

Started by d.clohesy, February 05, 2014, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d.clohesy

Version 8
I have changed my team so many times, would like some feedback. I am looking at having a team for round 1 and them a team for the second round.

Round 2 team..

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Suckling, Gwilt, L.McDonald (or Kolodjashnlj, M. Brown, C. Guthrie)....Fuller, Tippett

Mids: Swan, Watson, Liberatore, Cotchin, Beams, JP Kennedy, Thomas, B Jack.... Polec, Honeychurch

Ruck: McEvoy, Sandilands... Currie, F, Thurlow

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko (or Chapman/ Wright), T Menzel, Varcoe, Bock.....Rohan, L. Taylor

25k left, i think

older...

Version 2. Have played around with the team a little. some changes have been made

14k left

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Bartel, Suckling, Gwilt, Kolodjashnlj....Fuller, L. McDonald

Mids: Swan, Watson, Fyfe, Cotchin, Murphy, Thomas, Young, Ellis.... Polec, L. Taylor

Ruck: McIntosh, Sandilands....Longer, Currie

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, Chapman, Clark, Rohan.....Bock, Thurlow

Thanks

Original post...............
Version 1. Have played around with the team a little

I still am not happy with the rookies, especially my bench player, as so many of the new rookies are worth so much, more than the risky injured players.

Let me know what you think... also any idea on rookies would be appreciated.

Money left $2600

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Bartel, M. Williams, Suckling, Kolodjashnlj....Laidler, A. Johnson

Mids: Swan, Watson, Fyfe, Cotchin, Robinson, L. McDonald, Ellis, Polec....van Unen, L. Taylor

Ruck: Pyke, McIntosh....Sandilands, Currie

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, Chapman, Clark, Rohan.....Bock, Thurlow

Also amazed that they came out and raised the salary cap to 10mil, but raised the value of so may mid players by 80-100k based on their finishing averages from last year.

Thanks

Thunderbolts

If your gonna pick L McDonald he needs to be in your backline. M Williams is who I would turf out of that line. I would change one of the def rooks to Fuller

I would change robinson for Daisy Thomas. Consider bringing in players such as C Young, L Anthony and have ellis and polec on your mid bench

Lots of $$ on your ruck line..Pyke is not a star yet. Bench should have longer on it so either Mr Mc or Sandy needs to go

Interested to see cloke on fwd line, haven't seen many sides with him there.

d.clohesy

If your gonna pick L McDonald he needs to be in your backline. M Williams is who I would turf out of that line. I would change one of the def rooks to Fuller

I would change robinson for Daisy Thomas. Consider bringing in players such as C Young, L Anthony and have ellis and polec on your mid bench

Lots of $$ on your ruck line..Pyke is not a star yet. Bench should have longer on it so either Mr Mc or Sandy needs to go

Interested to see cloke on fwd line, haven't seen many sides with him there.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the feedback. looking at so many players that i want in.

i was trying to have a DPP def/mid in my mids, thats why McDonald was there, but maybe i just need a bench player (Tom Langdon) fuller could be better than johnson, and cheaper

was considering thomas, i was hoping robinson can get back to his 2012 averages. otherwise i like the idea of young, along with  brandon jack maybe. there is talk that taylor could start round 1 on the HFF.

rucks are interesting. Hmac i think could work, for not much, i am definately up for ditching pyke, just he is now number 1 ruck, with not much back up, apart from tippet maybe. i like the idea of longer, but hopefully he gets a game, as he has hickey to get past first. and he is still very young

cloke if he kicks straight might just win the coleman, and he works hard up the ground too. last year he struggled, as the pies really didn't have another big forward. this year with white, the heat will come off a bit more.

thanks again