can you think of a way to make this team better?

Started by muntedmyke, February 04, 2014, 03:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muntedmyke

S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, J. Grimes, D. Swallow, T. Bugg, N. Wright (M. Fuller, J. Battersby)
G. Ablett, J. Selwood, B. Goddard, J. Steven, D. Beams, D. Thomas, D. Tyson, C. Beams (J. Polec, J. Orourke)
N. Natinui, A. sandilands (D. Currie, S. Naismith)
N. Riewoldt, P. Dangerfield, T. Cloke, L. Franklin, A. Shneider, G. Rohan, (D. Markworth, M. Honeychurch)

need an outsiders persepective on my team, rip it to shreds if you like :p

browny_wce

Wow where do I start...

DEF - Grimes always a huge risk on him and for me output isn't worth it, Tommy Bugg is so done different but don't think id look at him. Why not have Sucking and someone like Hanley or Birchall in these two spots
MID - Goddard and Steven are decent PODs but think Steven will get the hard tag with NDS gone.
RUCK - are standard but Nic Nat may start slow
FWD - strong here but I dunno bout Snieds as he's a big risk and there's so many other better options for cheaper

Hope this helps

muntedmyke

i feel grimes with added midfield support, new approach on captaincy, and the paul roos factor will help him score solid enough to compete with other more common defenders
in an article about the giants 3rd year players he was refered to as a midfielder, i think he will score similar to suckling for the early part of the season, maybe crack a tonne or 2, pretty cheap and unique
but i will deffinately fiddle around with those names, theyve been in my team before haha :p
i do agree, but they dont seem to worry him, he can play inside and out so depending on his tagger he takes them where they dont want to be, huge engine too.
might swap him to mcevoy or goldy depending on the nab
shneids has lost 4 kilos, started pre season early and will rotate though mids, till the byes i think he will score more solid then most 5th forwards, i might try fiddle around to get him to 6th
it did help, thanks for your opinion pal!

muntedmyke

downgrade Tyson and grimes to suckling, upgraded honey church too chapman

Mr.Craig

Wright isn't much of a fantasy player due to the lack of ball he wins and negative roles. Even in his good games at VFL level he'd only be scoring 70's. I can't see him going beyond a 50 average this year so it's probably better to look at getting in KK or McDonald who still have risks associated obviously but also have the potential to average in the 60's and make decent money.

muntedmyke

thanks craigy, i was unaware of his vfl performances. I just know he has a decent job security and was rated quite highly, there was talks of him being top 10 in that draft but his kicking accuracy was off due to kicking while running too fast
its all so early, nab cup should clear some things up for us. if kk or mcdonald are named round 1 it will be hard to pass them up