Main Menu

Richmond Nab Challenge Discussion

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, February 03, 2014, 11:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Discuss all topics regarding the Nab Challenge and pre season events.

Jroo

Good idea.
We play Melbourne next Friday, looking forward to it. Especially to see our new recruits in Lennon, Gordon, Lloyd, Miles, Banfield and Thomas as I can see one or two of them lining up in round one.

Nige

Yeah, all the new guys should get a good run.

I also expect McJesus to kick bags.  ;)

Nige

Also saw the boys training for about 30 secs as I passed on the train.  ;D

Think I'm gonna make more of an effort to get down to Richmond VFL games. 

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2014, 09:36:04 AM

Isn't McBean still recovering from his injury?
I hope not, would be great to see him dominate.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on February 04, 2014, 10:31:49 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2014, 09:36:04 AM

Isn't McBean still recovering from his injury?
I hope not, would be great to see him dominate.
I think he is, but I think I remember reading he was close to being back at full fitness.

Even if he can't get up for one of the games (the Melbourne one), I wouldn't be surprised to see them give him a bit of a run in the other (Collingwood game).

quinny88

Im sure I heard Hardwick say in one of his interviews that he would be playing our best available side.
I hope not. I couldnt think of anything worse than losing a gun player in the nab challenge.

Im sure there will be some mystery "soreness injuries" come the eve of our first game as there usually are for these things which I wont mind about. Really looking forward to seeing Lennon, Hampson and Gordon. Hopefully McBean can get a run at some stage to

Kellogscrunchynut

Just noticed that we are playing a match in Wangaratta, now I like how we are getting involved with the fans from the country but it makes it difficult to attend the match.

Toga

Can't wait to see some of the new/younger boys have a run! Lennon, Gordon, McDonough, McBean, Miles & Lloyd are the ones I'm hoping get a good run!

And will be interesting to see how Hampson/Maric are used together (or if Maric will even play)

Chelskiman

Here's our squad for Melbourne.

Quote1. Chris Newman
3. Brett Deledio
4. Dustin Martin
5. Brandon Ellis
6. Shaun Grigg
9. Trent Cotchin
10. Shane Edwards
11. Jake Batchelor
12. David Astbury
14. Bachar Houli
16. Shaun Hampson
18. Alex Rance
22. Todd Banfield
24. Ben Griffiths
25. Troy Chaplin
26. Anthony Miles
27. Aaron Edwards
29. Ty Vickery
31. Nick Vlastuin
32. Brad Helbig
33. Kamdyn McIntosh
34. Liam McBean
35. Ben Lennon
36. Matt McDonough
37. Orren Stephenson
38. Steven Morris
39. Nathan Gordon
41. Nathan Foley
42. Sam Lloyd

Looking forward to seeing some guys like Lloyd, McIntosh, Gordon, Miles, McBean and obviously Beatle. 

On a side note, I really hope Astbury can enjoy a good season this year.

T Dog

quinny88

Who else thought ACL when Newman went down? My heart sank.. Probably wouldnt have ended his career.
He's gonna be a solid contributor up forward for us this year. Glad he can finally play there

quinny88

Why didnt Gordon or Banfield play? I assume we will play close to a full strength side for the remaining 2 games so they may not get the chance now

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on February 15, 2014, 01:04:37 AM
Why didnt Gordon or Banfield play? I assume we will play close to a full strength side for the remaining 2 games so they may not get the chance now
Nah, I reckon they'll definitely give the guy who missed (and weren't injured) a run in the next, doesn't seem right to make 'em miss out entirely.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on February 15, 2014, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 15, 2014, 01:04:37 AM
Nah, I reckon they'll definitely give the guy who missed (and weren't injured) a run in the next, doesn't seem right to make 'em miss out entirely.

Cant really afford to do that though Nige. Need to be playing close to a full side now in preperation for round 1. I guess with the extended bench though they can give them a run