My team for 2014

Started by Jester223, February 03, 2014, 04:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester223

Hey guys just looking to get a few tips  that might help make my team better.

Backs: H.Scotland (blues), J.Bartel (cats), B.Waters (eagles), M.Suckling (hawks), J.Frawley (dees), K. Kolodjashnid (suns)
         subs: T. Curran (roos), J.Kelly (crows)

Mids: S.Johnson (cats), D.Swan (pies), G. Ablett (suns), J. Watson (bombers), D. Thomas (blues), J. Martin (suns), J. Polec  (power), J. Hunt (dees)
        subs: H. Marsh (syd), P. Wearden (lions)

Rucks: W. Minson (dogs), A.Sandilands (dockers)
        subs: B. Longer (saints), D. Currie (roos)

Fwds: P. Dangerfield (crows), B. Harvey (roos), D. Martin (tigers), P. Chapman (bombers), T. Boyd (giants), M. Honeychurch (dogs)
        subs: J. Billings (saints), B. Lennon (tigers)

Most subs are just rookies that I've filled in but am not sure if they will be starting round 1. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

R.Griffen

Def: I think Waters is out from hurting himself at training and wont make it to round 1. Frawley isn't a Dream Team defender and since he plays for Melbourne he is forced to stand a tall forward.

Midfield: I don't think you can go SJ, Gaz and Pig all in one team and including Watson with that is alot of money spent there.

Ruckman: Minson is a great POD and the rest of the rucks are locks.

Forwards: Harvey and Chapman both getting on a bit so watch to see if they get rested. Having Billings on your bench is a no, if you are going to have him he needs to be on the field. Boyd is also in the same boat maybe upgrade Boyd and downgrade Billings.

Yes watch the NAB challenge there should be alot of cheaper bench players that should catch you're eye

thefuzz

There's quite a few areas to improve.
Scotland is no longer an option for DT. Bartel is still an option but personally I can't justify paying that much for him knowing that he will decrease in average most likely. Waters is injured and won't be ready for ages, get him out ASAP. Frawley isn't a real option in DT either. You want one of McVeigh or Mitchell firstly, then probably two of Hibberd, Harry O, Hanley, Simpson, Birchall, Hodge, Swallow. As for rookies/cheapies at the moment look at Fuller, Laidler and McDonald instead of Curran and Kelly, but watch the NAB cup and decide after that.
I can't justify having all 3 of Johnson, Swan and Ablett. Two at most for me, but i'll only be having one. You really should turn Johnson into Beams, or whoever into D. Beams really. I don't think J. Martin is worth it at the moment; go down to Tyson. Get rid of Hunt for someone like Michie or C. Beams.
Harvey will pump out some solid scores but not enough to justify picking for me. You need Mitch Clark I think (instead of Boyd). Billings injured himself and I don't think he is right for round 1 so I'd look at at Rohan or Bock instead.