Sean Dempster

Started by ROSYS BEER NUTS, February 02, 2014, 09:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROSYS BEER NUTS

Anyone have thoughts on Dempster as a starter 2014?
I have read that he will have increased midfield time, and personally believe hes a potential break out contender.
Awkwardly priced at $385, but given an easier draw I can see this guy being a great POD early on.
Thoughts?

Samsturmfels

How about NO!!!
Why r u even considering him at that price, their r cheaper experienced guys who r a lot cheaper like Suckling

eaglesman

yes consideration for me ...  monitoring

shorty3264

He is 30 years of age, break out year? He may have a improved season and average 80-85 but nothing to get excited about for fantasy imo. He is somewhat of a journeyman player and their are better option out there to take a gamble on.

Dayze

Geez bro,
Not fantasy relevant. Not really worth discussing. Where does his improvement come from?

ando_10

Breakout contender the bloke was all australian 2 years ago haha. Not fantasy relevant IMO. As good of a player as he is.

dmac07

Not a chance, looking for a breakout in defense look at watts, swallow, seedsman, atley

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: ando_10 on February 03, 2014, 06:53:44 AM
Breakout contender the bloke was all australian 2 years ago haha. Not fantasy relevant IMO. As good of a player as he is.

exactly this. gun player, not fantasy relevant though.

Jroo

He had a breakout year two years ago when he was selected in the All-Aus squad.
2013 was disappointing for him, his season was interrupted by injury and had to play as a key defender at times, which really hurt his scores. This year with the inclusions of Bruce and Delaney, it will really help his scoring. He'll improve his scoring, but I doubt he's worth picking in your side.

frenzy

118 and 114, not a bad start for somebody not SC relevant. would be happy with these scores from the likes of Mitchell and co.

Dayze

Easy to pull up an old thread with hindsight and the easiest of opening rounds.
At his age, with minimal upside, he is impossible to select. Come bring this back up round 19-20 and see if he is in the top 6-8 defenders.
Did u select him genius?

frenzy

Quote from: Dayze on March 31, 2014, 12:08:57 AM
Easy to pull up an old thread with hindsight and the easiest of opening rounds.
At his age, with minimal upside, he is impossible to select. Come bring this back up round 19-20 and see if he is in the top 6-8 defenders.
Did u select him genius?

sorry bud, was gonna start a new thread on him but they say to search older threads, so I did. Was merely pointing out that players can make an ass of the best of us. At his price tag, how many would finish in top 6-8. But he's hardly irrevelant.