The Sandy & Hmac combo

Started by Bully, February 02, 2014, 05:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayze

Or skimp a little on another line instead of completely skimping on ur ruck line.
I completely agree, sacrifices have 2 b made somewhere.
But why does all our savings need to b made on a line where only 2 spots are available and they are often our second highest scoring line....

If u haven't got too many risks in ur whole line up, go for it.
But I suspect, a lot of teams are getting so carried away with trying to win 50k, that they are taking far far too many risks to separate themselves from the pack.

Don't b too clever people.
If u have a lot of players in ur starting line up who tend to get injured a lot, chances are, ur goin to get a lot of injuries.
Even if nab form stupidly convinces u otherwise.

Bully

You make some excellent points Dayze, I'm torn at the moment, however there's some excellent counter arguments.

#1. The backline almost certainly has to be stacked this year, some more rookies may emerge but apart from the two high priced rebounders in KK & McDonald, there's not too many reliable mature agers available.

#2. The midfield rookie depth is also questionable, forget about an Ollie Wines or Jaeger O'Meara pulling out 100's, it just won't happen, or if it does it will be a relative no-name which makes things difficult to predict.

#3. The forward line has many cheap options but most will only have 3 premos, with the others being mid pricers and rookies. Cutting back further is asking for trouble.

#4. Sandi & Hmac only need to survive for 7-8 rounds, after which time they would have realised full value, Goldy & Minson would have dropped by that stage and maybe ripe for a straight swap (effectively saving 300k each)

#5. Last year's winner started with Blicavs as R2, ballsy as hell but a move which paid dividends.

BGK

Quote from: Speculator on February 03, 2014, 01:28:06 PM
Has anyone considered taking both plus a premo like say nicnat, with Ben brown to loophole? Its been my strategy since the team picker came out.

I think you've got too much money tied up in a bench warmer.

Speculator

That was my original thinking but it depends on how many points you can get out of the loophole. It's left field for sure but I'm not convinced that the sc community in general is yet maximising the potential of bench loopholes. I'm pretty bullish on it and it also provides me with ruck bench cover which I think most people are neglecting this year because the rookie rucks dont look like they'll play much.

Bully

Quote from: Speculator on February 03, 2014, 02:17:38 PM
That was my original thinking but it depends on how many points you can get out of the loophole. It's left field for sure but I'm not convinced that the sc community in general is yet maximising the potential of bench loopholes. I'm pretty bullish on it and it also provides me with ruck bench cover which I think most people are neglecting this year because the rookie rucks dont look like they'll play much.

It also saves trades in the event of injury, not the worst idea I've heard.