The Sandy & Hmac combo

Started by Bully, February 02, 2014, 05:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

This could be a legitimate approach this year, risky for sure but could pay handsomely if they both get off to a flyer. Both can hit the ton regularly and both stand to make 200k. The bonus is another premo mid, and I'm not so sure we'll be seeing too many Ollie Wines & O'Meara breakouts this season. Anyone thinking the same?

whichie

Way too risky for me.
sandy possibly ,but I think hmac will need some more time, monitor both during nab, hopefully both play well,
I am thinking sandy and a premium for myself.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2014, 05:21:43 PM
This could be a legitimate approach this year, risky for sure but could pay handsomely if they both get off to a flyer. Both can hit the ton regularly and both stand to make 200k. The bonus is another premo mid, and I'm not so sure we'll be seeing too many Ollie Wines & O'Meara breakouts this season. Anyone thinking the same?

only like it if ya pick dixon in forwards but that is made difficult when ya picking both dangerfield and martin with their round 8 byes struggling to find a round 9 forward worth picking at f4

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

only like it if ya pick dixon in forwards but that is made difficult when ya picking both dangerfield and martin with their round 8 byes struggling to find a round 9 forward worth picking at f4

What about trading them to Goldy/Minson/Naitanui prior to the bye? I would view this as legitimate money making exercise, 7 rounds should be enough to realise true value.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2014, 05:56:26 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

What about trading them to Goldy/Minson/Naitanui prior to the bye? I would view this as legitimate money making exercise, 7 rounds should be enough to realise true value.

oh absolutely! that is ideal but i was more just leaning that way for peace of mind with regards to possible injuries there ... goldy will come down in price and we will be able to snap him for a little bit cheaper when the time is right :)

BGK

If both are named round 1 and have played at least 1 practice match, they'll be in my side. If they can last until the bye rounds I'll be very happy.

shaker

Maybe one of them if they play plenty of early footy but am going with one gun ruck and see what unfolds with them it's just to big of a hole to dig yourself out of if they both fall over early

Bully

Quote from: shaker on February 02, 2014, 06:40:21 PM
Maybe one of them if they play plenty of early footy but am going with one gun ruck and see what unfolds with them it's just to big of a hole to dig yourself out of if they both fall over early

True, if either falls over early one could be in a pickle. At least by picking 1, you can opt for the other in a straight trade. It's a classic high risk/ high reward play. I'm still not sure I'll go down this path but it sure is tempting, particularly with the benefits it creates for an extra midfielder.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2014, 06:48:56 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 02, 2014, 06:40:21 PM

True, if either falls over early one could be in a pickle. At least by picking 1, you can opt for the other in a straight trade. It's a classic high risk/ high reward play. I'm still not sure I'll go down this path but it sure is tempting, particularly with the benefits it creates for an extra midfielder.

It's tempting but you must be willing to burn 3 or 4 trades and downgrade a couple of good players to upgrade to two better rucks or just replace them with other cheaper low scoring rucks

Bully

Picking Dixon would solve the problem but as Eaglesman mentioned, the byes would be difficult to navigate. Maybe best to go one only. 

ubeaut

All this picking Dixon business is a risk in itself. Would u really pick him otherwise? Who misses out that could really burn u not having? Dixon relied heavily on ruck points at the start of 2013. Then Nicholls came in his scores were affected accordingly.
And of course he hasn't shown to be the most durable player either. Awesome player but will rely on goals and marks

having backup is a great idea, but is Dixon the "right backup" ?

eaglesman

at the moment i have got them both in the side and I have no dixon(just can not get him in)

the other option is pick sandi and say your lobbe/ryder/mumford/nic nat sort of priced ruckman ... and if hamish looks like really peforming downgrading to him before the price rise

ya never gonna get ya team right straight away and to win it u need to take 1 or 2 risks ...

right now I have en extra premo mid

but i am considering picking ellis as my m6 with hmac/sandi ... watching them in early rounds and if both flop downgrade ellis back to say a jack martin and hamish back to nic nat (or the form players in their price range) before and price rises

last years winner had karnezis to start which was a failure and didnt effect him too much

always allow 2 corrective trades at the start(last year i picked longer cos luenberger was out round 1 doh!) and maybe 2 corrective rookie trades

eaglesman

Quote from: ubeaut on February 02, 2014, 07:33:10 PM
All this picking Dixon business is a risk in itself. Would u really pick him otherwise? Who misses out that could really burn u not having? Dixon relied heavily on ruck points at the start of 2013. Then Nicholls came in his scores were affected accordingly.
And of course he hasn't shown to be the most durable player either. Awesome player but will rely on goals and marks

having backup is a great idea, but is Dixon the "right backup" ?

gotta say mate i am a dixon fan(havent picked him atm) very mobile powerhouse forward who can clunk them and convert .... each to their own with personal preference .. there is not a single other back up option imo though

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2014, 07:33:49 PM
at the moment i have got them both in the side and I have no dixon(just can not get him in)

the other option is pick sandi and say your lobbe/ryder/mumford/nic nat sort of priced ruckman ... and if hamish looks like really peforming downgrading to him before the price rise

ya never gonna get ya team right straight away and to win it u need to take 1 or 2 risks ...

but i am considering picking ellis as my m6 with hmac/sandi ... watching them in early rounds and if both flop downgrade ellis back to say a jack martin and hamish back to nic nat (or the form players in their price range) before and price rises

last years winner had karnezis to start which was a failure and didnt effect him too much

always allow 2 corrective trades at the start(last year i picked longer cos luenberger was out round 1 doh!) and maybe 2 corrective rookie trades

The other option is to keep an extra 50k in the bank and switch to Grundy in the event tragedy strikes.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2014, 07:47:07 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

The other option is to keep an extra 50k in the bank and switch to Grundy in the event tragedy strikes.

i am already planning on doing this :)