Ryder ??? no belly for 3 months

Started by jackel82, February 02, 2014, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel82

Bellchambers will be out for 3 months plus.
Patty really shines as the number one ruck-man, last year was not his best year, but was still impressive in the ruck. The best tap ruckman in the league, exept maybe nic nat. Although he smashed him in the game against the eagles, but unsure of Nic's fitness at that time. Bellchambers showed more the Patty up forward last year too, so when he does come back I think he will be played fwd and patty will keep the number 1 position.
Anyone know his scores last year when he played number 1 ruck?
Am I crazy? should I look at -

Grundy    363000
lobbe      464000
Ryder      486000
Nic nat    518000

(other ruckman is Sandy)

cheers

Dayze

Very frustrating player mate.
Would honestly avoid him.

So much talent but at his age (almost 26) I just don't think he is ever going to become the player and fantasy player he should b.
my two cents.

Bully

Quote from: Dayze on February 02, 2014, 05:03:32 PM
Very frustrating player mate.
Would honestly avoid him.

So much talent but at his age (almost 26) I just don't think he is ever going to become the player and fantasy player he should b.
my two cents.

This, Ryder was one of my worst decisions last year, never again for me.

Locinator

Quote from: jackel82 on February 02, 2014, 04:50:10 PM
Bellchambers will be out for 3 months plus.
Even if it was over 3 months you will still need to use a trade to get him out of your team eventually. Only pick him if you plan to keep him all season but Dayze and Bully's opinions sorta rule that out. I don't really understand why you would pick him when Naitanui is about 30k more and Lobbe is about 30k.
But what you must do with Ryder is go with your gut. If you think he is gonna be a star this season pick him. Trust me, going with your gut is how you win.

shaker

He seems to suffer a bit from Heath Shaw disease and does some stupid things on field and a little bit injury prone as well not for me.

quinny88

Not as bad a pick as some may think. I would back him to average 105+ while belly is out but I am doubtful in his ability to continue to score well when belly comes back in.
Would lock him in if belly was gone for the season but with him coming back in I can't do it

Bully

Ryder also has a history of brain fades, if you want constant suspension headaches then he's your man.

eaglesman

good player and excels as number one ruck ... i will regret not picking him this year after the first 6 rounds i think

jackel82

Thanks for the reply's guys, still undecided. I have doubts that belly will be no 1 ruck once he gets back, 3 months on the side with an ankle injury. Bombers are a little light on fwds this year and he would fit in nicely as a fwd.

Ryder is a better ruckman then belly but belly is a better fwd then ryder. At least that's how it seemed to me last year. If I where to pick Ryder it would be for the long term. Lobbe to close to ryders price and I don't see as a keeper at this stage. Grundy good price but needs to work on more parts of his game, going to be a great player though.

Nic Nat, like Ryder a bit hot and cold, more expensive, and the injury is of concern.

I guess I will go on pre-season form to decide this one.

cheers

Rusty00

Quote from: quinny88 on February 02, 2014, 07:03:00 PM
Not as bad a pick as some may think. I would back him to average 105+ while belly is out but I am doubtful in his ability to continue to score well when belly comes back in.
Would lock him in if belly was gone for the season but with him coming back in I can't do it
This is the key. If Ryder rucked solo the whole year he would be a good pick. As soon as Bellcho is back though the inconsistent scores will return meaning you'll have to decide whether to trade him or ride the rollercoaster.

Dayze

If he is one of ur very few risks then go with ur gut.
Just don't go into the season with Ryder, Higgins, grimes, cyril and shaw.

He is a huge risk, but if he is ur only one, it can b justified.

elephants

I'm considering picking Ryder from round 1. He will likely smash it until Belly comes back around his round 10 bye. By that stage I will have had a good look at Nic Nat. If he's fit and firing, I'm keen to trade Ryder -> Nic Nat between rounds 9-10 to avoid rhw bye troubles in the ruck depo ;)

Of course I'll be copping injuries/suspensions/bye problems to throw this all out :P

jackel82

Quote from: elephants on February 03, 2014, 12:38:32 AM
I'm considering picking Ryder from round 1. He will likely smash it until Belly comes back around his round 10 bye. By that stage I will have had a good look at Nic Nat. If he's fit and firing, I'm keen to trade Ryder -> Nic Nat between rounds 9-10 to avoid rhw bye troubles in the ruck depo ;)

Of course I'll be copping injuries/suspensions/bye problems to throw this all out :P

Yes, quiet a good idea

Quote from: Dayze on February 03, 2014, 12:29:43 AM
If he is one of ur very few risks then go with ur gut.
Just don't go into the season with Ryder, Higgins, grimes, cyril and shaw.

He is a huge risk, but if he is ur only one, it can b justified.

I have very few other risks in my team atm so perhaps he may be worth a go and if all goes pear shaped trade him.

Mcveigh, Mitchell, Hibbard                        cuttler
Swallow, suckling, Mc donnald                  fuller

ablett, pendel, watson, beams,                  crouch
thomas, c beams, dustan, o'rourke             garlett

Ryder, Sandi                                         thurlow, nankervis

danger, martin, franklin                           taylor
Pav, Fas, KHJ                                        imprey