Barlow vs Fyfe

Started by Jackross10, February 01, 2014, 06:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackross10

Think I prefer these guys to Rocky. Just feel Ricky has a super tough draw early on so..

Thewizz71

I think Barlow for consistency ( and the ACK factor) but Fyfe for the big scores.

Vinny

Here are the scores of Barlow & Fyfe against their first 6 opponents.

Barlow: 108, 79*, 95, 104, 119, 151, 144, 94, 129. =118 average.
Fyfe: DNP, DNP, 103, 111, 103, 131, 136, 108, 122. =116 average.

Quite similar but Fyfe is 22 and he is going that big in some games, he could go crazy eventually. Just depends whether it's next year.

I'd go Fyfe.

eaglesman

Quote from: Thewizz71 on February 01, 2014, 07:56:09 PM
I think Barlow for consistency ( and the ACK factor) but Fyfe for the big scores.

+1

had both last season at some points
barlow is as consistent as they come
higher ceiling for fyfe

both good

i expect fyfe to become super premium this year

Dayze

Fyfe has more upside and scope for improvement.
More likely to get tagged tho.
Barlow not likely to increase his average IMO. Kind of a better version of priddis.

Vinny

Yeah but even though he got tagged quite abit, he only went under 90 in 5 games but I am not sure how many times he got tagged exactly.

colmullet

Barlow for mine, i mean i know Fyfe's good but seems everyone is over rating him a bit and under rating Barlow, they guys a natural ball magnet and will only improve i think

Dayze

Quote from: vinny on February 01, 2014, 08:21:00 PM
Yeah but even though he got tagged quite abit, he only went under 90 in 5 games but I am not sure how many times he got tagged exactly.
Yeh he's an awkward player to tag. Very tough match up and ridiculously good overhead.

eaglesman

Quote from: Dayze on February 01, 2014, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: vinny on February 01, 2014, 08:21:00 PM
Yeh he's an awkward player to tag. Very tough match up and ridiculously good overhead.

lol tagging fyfe? ... good luck to that tagger!!! you are about to be humiliated, the dockers will still kick it to him with confidence that he will jump on some poor suckers shoulders and beat him 10 out of 10 times  ... if ya tag fyfe even remotely successfully this season which i can not see for the life of me happening, Lyon should send him forward and isolate as much as possible cos he will dominate any tagger up forward ... the bloke is a frikken star!

Dayze

Trindacut

Fremantle off limits: Lyon is hates SC. Rests player at crucial times.

whichie

Same dilemma :(
My head is saying Barlow
but
My heart is saying Fyfe.

Jackross10

Quote from: whichie on February 02, 2014, 12:50:55 AM
Same dilemma :(
My head is saying Barlow
but
My heart is saying Fyfe.

I think I might go Watson haha!

Sabretooth Tigers

??? ???
Just wondering if anyone has access to a score chart where they both played together. The idea being that maybe you could pick both, which would make a POD in itself  ??  ??

Ricochet

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 02, 2014, 11:52:31 AM
??? ???
Just wondering if anyone has access to a score chart where they both played together. The idea being that maybe you could pick both, which would make a POD in itself  ??  ??

Well last year Fyfe played 19 games and Barlow 21

In the games they didn't play together

RD6 Barlow went 79
RD7 Barlow went 108
RD14 Fyfe went 68
RD23 Barlow went 66