My first supercoach team, any Ideas (updated)

Started by dmac82, March 10, 2010, 10:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac82

Hi All,
This is my first year on supercoach would realy appreciate you all having a look at my team and giving my any advice. Thanks

Back: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Kennelly, Hunt, Ladson, Sheppard ( Trengrove, Maguire

Mid:    Ablett, Swan, Winderlich, Cooney, Armitage, Palmer, (Trengrove, Shuey)

Ruck:  Ottens, Hille, (Skipper, Lobbe)

Forw: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Gumbleton (Dennis-Lane, Tapscott)

Been tweaked a bit what you think now

Wastelander

Not bad at all mate,
J. Winderlich is an interesting, and unique choice.
Ruck is weak, I'd try and get a better first ruck than Hille.
And Gumby is a big no in my opinion, he's a risk and has already had back problems during the NAB, I'd replace him with either Rockliff or Hitchcock.

Good luck.

dmac82

thanks mate,
my biggest problem is the ruck, but not sure where to downgrade to get a better 1st ruck.
I also am not to sure about gumby, but being a bomber supporter, i may be hoping he steps up

alman

Downgrade armitage or palmer to barlow or banner - should free up enough to get sandi - if not, jolly (i think havent done the maths!).

Dunno if sheppard will play - always waters at the same price and maguire good backup on bench.

Don't like ladson (just my opinion on nab form), malceski at 273k or kennelly for 330k!

7/10 - fix rucks and will be 8/10

hawk_88

Downgrade Gilbee for Kennelly or Malceski. That will give you an extra 130K or 180K respectively. Add your 50K and that is a bit of money to play with.

Also not a fan of Armitage. People are jumping on him because of him taking Ball's spot and his NAB form. Well Ball was getting less than 50% TOG and once the saints are at full strength I can't see Armitage getting the opportunities he got during the NAB comp. If the saints go full strength this weekend this will become clearer.

Plus there are soo many talented midfield rookies this year having 2 would be criminal. Downgrade Armitage for any of the numerous rookie options and use the extra 300K to upgrade Tapscott as he is injured until ~round 9 and your forward line is a little weak.

Note: NAB form is never a good indicator of how someone will perform in the season proper.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: hawk_88 on March 10, 2010, 12:15:34 PM

Plus there are soo many talented midfield rookies this year having 2 would be criminal.

I think you mean that it would be criminal not having at least 2.  ;)

hawk_88

You need to have at least 3, just 2 is criminal.

Prospector_1