How bout now?

Started by j, January 31, 2014, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Backs- Bartel, S Mitchell, Hanley, Atley, Suckling, Fuller.  Battersby, Yagmoor.
Mids- Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Barlow, Thomas, Tyson, Martin, C Beams.  Aish, Ellis
Rucks- McIntosh, Dixon.  Longer, Thurlow.
Forwards- Dangerfield, Wingard, Rioli, Gunston, Hogan, Fasolo.  Nahas, Garlett.
$42000 in the bank.

My first rough draft. Not sure if I got the forward line strong enough, any ideas?

Azzas Dockers

You are on the right track.

I would swap Barlow with Marc Murphy, Freo having a shocking start to the year so I would look at getting him after round 6 or 7.

Rioli has never been a dream team player try to save some cash in your midfield and use it here. Backs are very good, I wonder if Bartel and S Mitchell offers value, I think you will see a small price drop from both of them and players like Hibberd or D Swallow will increase in price and save you cash.

I am not a fan of Dixon, and I do not see a huge improvement for him. Swapping Dixon and McIntosh for Sandi and Natanui will not only save you cash but I think it will give you more scoring potential.

Trent Cotchin is 100k cheaper than Ablett and Pendlebury, has proven his ability to work through tags and is over his knee issues from last year.

Use the cash from the above changes to upgrade your forwards line. I really like Dustin Martin so I personally would try to get him into your side.

The_Captain

Upgrade Atley and it looks alrite mate.

j

j

Backs- Bartel, S Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, Fuller.  Battersby, Laidler
Mids- Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Barlow, D Shiel, Thomas, Tyson, Martin.    C Beams, Ellis
Rucks- McIntosh, Dixon.  Longer, Thurlow.
Forwards- Dangerfield, D Smith, Black, Gunston, Hogan, Fasolo.  Nahas, Honeychurch
$13000 in the bank.

browny_wce

Quote from: Azzas Dockers on January 31, 2014, 02:34:53 PM
You are on the right track.

I would swap Barlow with Marc Murphy, Freo having a shocking start to the year so I would look at getting him after round 6 or 7.

Rioli has never been a dream team player try to save some cash in your midfield and use it here. Backs are very good, I wonder if Bartel and S Mitchell offers value, I think you will see a small price drop from both of them and players like Hibberd or D Swallow will increase in price and save you cash.

I am not a fan of Dixon, and I do not see a huge improvement for him. Swapping Dixon and McIntosh for Sandi and Natanui will not only save you cash but I think it will give you more scoring potential.

Trent Cotchin is 100k cheaper than Ablett and Pendlebury, has proven his ability to work through tags and is over his knee issues from last year.

Use the cash from the above changes to upgrade your forwards line. I really like Dustin Martin so I personally would try to get him into your side.
Trent Cotchin is 100k cheaper than Ablett for a reason!

The_Captain

Quote from: j on February 01, 2014, 02:18:11 AM
Quote from: noto07 on January 31, 2014, 02:55:42 PM
Upgrade Atley and it looks alrite mate.

Upgrade him to who?

AAs you have done. Swallow. Or henderson from Adelaide looks good for that prcie too!

j

Made a few changes with a different approach. What do you think?

Backs- Mitchell, Bartel, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, MacDonald (Fuller, Battersby)
Mids- Barlow, Priddis, Lewis, D Beams, Thomas, Caddy, Tyson, Michie (Honeychurch, Ellis)
Rucks- Mumford, Dixon (Longer, thurlow)
Forwards- Dangerfield, LeCras, Gunston, D Smith, Gumby, Fasolo ( Rohan, Kersten)

Azzas Dockers

Back line is great although perhaps you have spent too much cash their.

Swap one of your rucks for Sandi, it will save you a huge amount of cash.

Tyson was average in the NAB cup, and I am not sure about Honeychurch. I think Crouch, Sheed and Polec would be better options.

Barlow, Priddis and Lewis are very bad options. Freo have a very tough start the first 7 rounds so I would avoid their players unless they are extremely under priced.

I think J. Watson, Cotchin and one of Carrazzo or Murphy would be much better for around the same price.

Add bock to your foward line.

Is Fasolo injured?

I am not sure about how high Gumby will score, could be great and could be average. Keep an eye on his NAB cup form.

LeCras, Gunston, D Smith - I do not like these guys, and you may have your reasons but I do not think they will score high enough often enough.

I would consdier D Martin, L Franklin, Pavlich, Darling instead of those guys.

j

Thanks for the feedback but there's a few thing I disagree with.
I'm not getting Sandi since he is now to old and his best is behind him. I might get a couple good scores from him early in the season if I'm luck but he's to injury prone to keep long term, I don't think he'll play more than 10 games this season, plus Dixon is a good POD.
  Tyson I'm not sure on yet, i might look at young or a few others in that price range. Rookies might get changed around before round one too.
I strongly disagree Barlow, priddis and Lewis are bad options. Freos draw is not that bad, other than collingwood in round one, he won't be facing great taggers and he's proven he can shake most others. I chose Priddis cos he's a gun and the eagles have a good draw at the start of the season. I have enough in the bank to turn Lewis into Ablett after round 5 and priddis into Pendels after the bye as well. I don't think Watson wil have a very strong season I might wait to see if his price drops, Cotchin is to inconsistant, no one should be considering carazzo if they are serious, and I am considering Murphy ill probably make room for him before round one if I can.
I won't consider bock there are better options
Fasolo is another one I'm keeping an eye on, so far his injury looks ok.
Gumby a preseason has been great plus Lyon has said he'll try him in the mids and ruck so he's in!
Not sure if ill keep leCras, I chose him cos he could get some midfield time and eagle have a great draw to start with. Gunston is a gun! I'm hoping smith has a breakout year but that's a bit of a gamble.

If I wanted a team that looks like everyone else's I'd implement all your advise but I want something a bit different and a bit stronger. Thanks anyway!

zeddyzed

Hey mate, just my opinion 8)

Sandy's job is to last til the bye rounds, then upgrade him. He is injury prone but for less than 300k you get premium ruck scores and an increase in value close to 200k.
A POD is no good to you if it is scoring relatively lower than other similarly priced players. Dixon may be unique, but you stand to lose more points by starting him...as 99% of teams will have Sandy at R2.
Tyson was actually pretty good in his first Nab game, 17 odd disposals before being subbed in the 3rd qtr, not sure about TOG, but looks a decent option. Polec, Dunstan, Sheed will also score similarly for considerably less.
I understand the Priddis pick, nice early draw and should go 100+ the first few rounds, but for Lewis' price there are better options. I would pick someone like Wallis from the doggies, bit cheaper, few years in the system with negating roles, but averaged 130s as a junior alongside Libba... its a matter of when, not if. If you're going to take a punt on someone in the mids i'd be looking at guys like him.
Also Caddy is wasted in the midfield.
Gunston is a great pick, Wingard too. But Gumby? He will be unique, but for all the wrong reasons lol.

Hope i wasnt too harsh, not a bad team, but not enough proven players to balance the risks you've taken with others.

j

Those are some good points. After seeing Dixon play I think your right, but do you really think Sandi's price will increase by $200K by round 8?
TOG??