Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: WizzFizz on March 10, 2014, 02:35:02 PM
Def: Mcveigh Mitchell Hanley Suckling Webster Mcdonald (Langdon Langford)
Mid: Gaz Rockliff Cotchin Murphy Beams Tyson Polec Ellis (Dunstan Crouch)
Ruc: Leuey Sandilands (Nankervis King)
Fwd: Danger Martin Franklin Pavlich Rohan Mcdonough (JKH Impey)

Im avoiding midpricers like caddy and thomas to allow more trades

Byes:9/7/14

17300 left
DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies (Webster and McDonald) in defence mate. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side. The rest of the backline looks good but I would seriously consider upgrading D5 or D6 here.

MIDS Nothing wrong with this line. Like your value picks in Rocky, Cotchin, Murphy and DBeams, along with your rookies.

RUCKS Becoming a more and more popular combo here. Leuey will be solid and Sand is great value.

FWDS Solid to start with. I know you are staying away from mid pricers but guys like Higgins are great value. Most teams will have Rohan at F6 so I think this is your weakness here. Being so top heavy also means your backline drops away at the tail also

Anthonyyyy

Quote from: Ricochet on March 11, 2014, 06:25:05 PM
Quote from: Anthonyyyy on March 10, 2014, 12:40:25 PM
TEAM NAME: New And Improved!!!
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T. Langdon, A. Georgiou)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Polec, X. Ellis, L. Dunstan (M. Crouch, L. Taylor)
RUC: P. Ryder, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, R. Lobb)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Kennedy, J. Caddy, S. Higgins, M. McDonough (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $28,200

cheers mate!
Mate I'm not gonna lie. I was going to do a full writeup for you but can hardly find anything wrong with it. I have concerns with Libba but very very slight concerns. And your rookies can be sorted when teams are named but I like this year.

cheers man I have a sad life with so many hours going into this team  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: johnnytheboy1 on March 10, 2014, 02:38:52 PM
Hi Ricochet
I would like some advice on the team below

Def: Mitchell,Hanley,Hurn,Swallow,Suckling, Mcdonald ( Georgiou,Langford)
Mids: Ablett,Pendlebury,Rockliff,Beams,Thomas,Michie,Polec,Dunstan ( Ellis,Crouch)
Rucks Jacobs,Sandilands (Derickx,Thurlow)
Fwds: Dangerfield,Martin,Franklin,Wright,Higgins,Mcdonough ( JKH,Impey)

Salary Left  $48.600
No worries mate

DEF Really really like your Hurn pick and Swallow is primed for a breakout year. In fact there isn't much wrong with this line. Just watch Georgiou because he is still on the rookie list at this stage

MIDS A nice strong midfield here. It has a good balance of top end mids and underpriced proven performers. Your rookies are fine also

RUCKS Jacobs is an interesting POD. Personally I don't think he can be a top premo ruck this year but if you can stick with him. Sandi is a lock at R2.

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks. Wright is a little risky but with Douglas out he should get a decent run in the mids. Also consider Caddy here.  Higgins is also great value. Consider Rohan for your F6 though as he will have better JS than most rookies.

Ricochet

Quote from: Chinwag on March 10, 2014, 03:35:20 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 11:08:10 AM
Quote from: Chinwag on March 08, 2014, 10:18:12 PM
Can I just get a rate on my team, first time in three years and I haven't got a clue who or where to start to build a solid team.

DEF: A Walker, P Hanley, A Rance, D Rampe, M Suckling, D Grimes, (J Frost, C Cameron)
MID: G Ablett, D Swan, D Beams, H Hartlett, A Gaff, D Thomas, B Jack, X Ellis, (V Michie, D Sheed)
RUCK: B Grudy, A Sandilands, (S Michael, C Wood)
FWD: J Roughead, J Gunston, J Cameron, M Hurley, T Boyd, J Hogan, (J Kennedy-Harris, J Impey)

Cash Left: $9,300
I found Daisy and Ellis really cheap for the quality players they are. Just feel I have a lot of areas to improve but I don't know how to go about it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Chinwag
Hey mate, lets have a look.

DEF Walker, Hanley and Suckling are great picks. I like that you have loaded up the backline because of the lack of defender rookies but not that keen on Rance or Rampe. For Rance's price range strongly consider Birchall or Hurn. As for Rampe I would suggest Jimmy Webster. Rookies that I would suggest are Langford, Langdon, Clurey and LMcDonald.

MIDS Again you start strong with Ablett, Swan and DBeams. I'm not that keen on Harlett or even Gaff and BJack tbh. I would strongly consider MMurphy, Cotchin, Rockliff or rookie priced DTyson and Polec. Also consider Dunstan as a rookie.

RUCKS Not a fan of Grundy at all this year and you can see my thoughts on him in the Opening Post here. Sandi is great value though. For your rookies consider TNankervis and Thurlow.

FWDS Really need to be strengthened. Dangerfield is a must imo. I'm not a huge fan of the Gunston pick tbh. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. In your forward line consider underpriced proven players like Pavlich and value picks like Caddy, Higgins, Rohan, Blease, McCarthy.

Cheers Ricochet, certainly will take up the advice and change my team around.
No worries mate, Good Luck!

Ricochet

Quote from: blues123 on March 10, 2014, 05:41:50 PM
DEF: Mitchell, Simpson, hurn, swallow, Suckling, Mcdonald (Langdon, Georgiou)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Beams, murphy, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Crouch, dunstan)

Rucks: lobbe, Sandilands (Derickx, King)

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, dahlaus, caddy, higgins, Rohan (JHK, mcarthy)

cash left: 4k

Im still thinking should i downgrade murphy to thomas and upgrade lobbe to nic nat or either luey

please give it a rate
Yeh I would definitely upgrade Lobbe. Maybe look at Watson or Pendles to Daisy though as MMurphy is great value also

Ricochet

Quote from: sammy123 on March 10, 2014, 06:53:24 PM
Update

EDIT: 76,000 left

Mitchell,simpson,malceski,hurn,suckling,mcdonald(clurey,langdon)

Ablett,pendles,jpk,beams,aish,michie,polec,ellis(dunstan,cunningham)

Mcevoy,sandi(derickx,king)

Danger,martin,parker,gunston,higgins,mcdonough(impey,jhk)

50,000 left over
DEF Nice POD in Malceski mate. I really like the Hurn pick also. Nice line here

MIDS Be careful with JPK. He handballs a bit too much for my liking. Ablett, Pendles and DBeams are all great picks though. FOr your rookies also consider Tyson, Crouch and Sheed.

RUCKS McEvoy is a nice POD and Sandi is great value. Nice line

FWDS Danger and Martin are great picks, as is Parker. I'm not sold on Gunston yet. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. Higgins is great value. Also consider ROhan for F6 though

Ricochet

Quote from: KERS on March 10, 2014, 11:03:07 PM
Hi mate any chance that I can get advice from you regarding my team.

DEFENDERS
bartel, mcveigh, mitchell, mcdonald, laidler, langford (cutler, georgiou)
MIDFIELD
ablett, pendlebury, libertore, murphy, beams, thomas, polec, ellis (michie, dunstan)
RUCKS
mcintosh, sandilands (thurlow, king)
FORWARDS
dangerfield, martin, mitchell T, wright, higgins, rohan (KHJ, impey)

$139400 left over.

I am not sure what to do with my ruck devision. I thought of maybe downgrading murphy to tyson to free up money and maybe get a premium ruck eg. cox. Also not sure about cutler and KHJ. Is there better rookies that i have missed? Do you think this is a competitive side for a $50 comp. Or is there any other improvement that you can see.
DEF I think you've gone far to weak in defence man. I like your top end picks but most teams will only field 1 rookie in defence not 3. I'd definitely look to upgrade D4 and D5. Consider Suckling and Birchall here.

MIDS Very very strong. All are good picks but look at rookies like Tyson or Sheed. Maybe downgrade Libba to upgrade your backline.

RUCKS Are risky with both HMac and Sandi and limited cover. If your going with this combo I would consider Hickey on the bench so you can loophole better scores each week. And you have decent cover if HMac or Sandi go down.

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks. Be careful with TMitchell. He has been killing NAB games because he has been attending more centre bounces than JPK, Jack, Hannebery, ROK, etc. I expect this to change round 1 and him og back to his forward role that we saw at the end of last year which also greatly affected his scoring. Wright is great value, as are both Higgins and Rohan.

NickyBoy

DEF:S.Mitchell, P.Hanley, C.Enright, S.Hurn, M.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (A.Georgiou, T.Langdon)
MIDS:G.Ablett, R.Sloane, T.Liberatore, N.Fyfe, D.Beams, V.Michie, X.Eliis, L.Dunstan (D.Wanganeen, C.Ellis-Yolmen)
RUCKS:B.Mcevoy, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, T.Nankevis)
FWDS:P.Dangerfield, N.Riewoldt, J.Roughhead, S.Higgins, A.Fasolo, JKH (M.Honeychurch, L.Mccarthy)

Salary remaining: $34,900

I'm very concerned with the FWD line. Not sure if I should downgrade rough & Mcevoy to upgrade Fasolo.

Ricochet

Quote from: benharris222 on March 10, 2014, 11:33:47 PM
Love your work mate. When you have time could you please have a look at my team!

Backs: S. Mitchell, S. Thompson, J. Grimes, M. Suckling, R. Shaw, L. McDonald.
Bench: J. Laidler, A. Georgiou

Mids: G. Ablett, J. Watson, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin J. Polec, X. Ellis.
Bench:  M. Crouch, L. Dunstan 

Ruck: Luenberger, A. Sandilands.
Bench: F. Thurlow, M. King

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, J. Caddy, J. Kennedy-Harris.
Bench: G. Rohan, Impey 

$2,900 left in the bank.

Any advice welcome! Thanks for your time!
DEF Mitchell is a great top end pick mate.  Only concern I have with Thompson is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there. Grimes is good value. There are whispers he may be used as a lock down defender though so be careful. I'm not a massive fan of RShaw tbh mate. In the last 5 years he has only averaged over 73 once. I'd definitely look to upgrade here.

MIDS Pretty solid. Be careful with Libba though. Not many players can back up a breakout year. GaJ, Watson, DBeams and Daisy are great picks though. And your rookies a find. Also consider Michie and Tyson though.

RUCKS Becoming a more and more popular combo here. Leuey will be solid and Sand is great value.

FWDS Not much wrong with this line mate. Danger and Martin are great top end picks and both Buddy and Pav are underpriced proven performers. Caddy is great value and your rookies are fine.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jmachete on March 11, 2014, 10:38:12 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 11:16:26 AM
Quote from: Jmachete on March 09, 2014, 11:59:41 AM
Is this good enough to take into round 1??????

Revised team.

Backs: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, Webster, McDonald, (Laidler, Langford)

Mids: Ablett, Pendles Rockliff, Beams, Tyson, Ellis, Michie, Polec (Dunstan, M.Crouch)

Rucks:  McEvoy , Sandilands (Derickx, Thurlow)

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Higgins, Caddy, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris , L.Taylor)

Bank: $238,200
DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies (Webster and McDonald) in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and Laidler on the bench will find it tough to cement a spot. I'd definitely look to upgrade one here. McVeigh and Mitchell are great top end premos and Suckling is great value

MIDS Nothing wrong here. Would like to see Dthomas in there but a good mix of premos, underpricers and rookies.

RUCKS Unsure how McEvoy will go this year but he is a premo when on song. Sandi is great value.

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks.  I'm not a huge fan of the Gunston pick tbh. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later Caddy, Higgins and Rohan are great value. Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason so consider McCarthy, Impey or McDonough.

How does this look now mate?

Backs: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Suckling, McDonald, (Laidler, Langford)

Mids: Ablett, Pendles Rockliff, Beams, Tyson, Ellis, Michie, Polec (Dunstan, M.Crouch)

Rucks:  McEvoy , Sandilands (Derickx, Thurlow)

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, M.Wright, Higgins, Caddy, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris , Impey)

Bank: $69,500
Much better mate. A good balance of value and top end picks here.  Like this team quite a lot

Ricochet

Quote from: cortez on March 11, 2014, 10:43:38 AM
Hey mate just after your oponion of this?

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hurn, Suckling,   McDonald, Martin (Cameron, Clurey)

Mids: Ablett, Watson, Rockliff,  Murphy, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec (Ellis, Dunstan)

Rucks: Mumford Sandilands (Derickx, Currie)

forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan (Impey, Kennedy-Harris)

$6,600 in bank

Cheers
DEF Bit of a concern fielding two rookies in defence mate. LMac has been great but may struggle to get decent game time or escape the vest in a strong North side. I like the rest of your premo picks and Suckers though. Also consider Langford and Langdon as rookies.

MIDS Not much wrong here tbh mate. Good mix of top end premos and under priced proven performers. Your rookies are fine also.

RUCKS Mummy is a nice POD. Will be interesting to see how he goes at GWS. Sandi is great value.

FWDS Again a good line. Only real concern is Gunston.  At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. The rest of your picks are absolutely fine. From your top end premos right through to your rookies

Ricochet

Quote from: Anthonyyyy on March 11, 2014, 06:44:14 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 11, 2014, 06:25:05 PM
Quote from: Anthonyyyy on March 10, 2014, 12:40:25 PM
TEAM NAME: New And Improved!!!
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T. Langdon, A. Georgiou)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Polec, X. Ellis, L. Dunstan (M. Crouch, L. Taylor)
RUC: P. Ryder, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, R. Lobb)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Kennedy, J. Caddy, S. Higgins, M. McDonough (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $28,200

cheers mate!
Mate I'm not gonna lie. I was going to do a full writeup for you but can hardly find anything wrong with it. I have concerns with Libba but very very slight concerns. And your rookies can be sorted when teams are named but I like this year.

cheers man I have a sad life with so many hours going into this team  :P
Haha same mate :)

diamw90

Ricochet

Quote from: NickyBoy on March 11, 2014, 07:02:44 PM
DEF:S.Mitchell, P.Hanley, C.Enright, S.Hurn, M.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (A.Georgiou, T.Langdon)
MIDS:G.Ablett, R.Sloane, T.Liberatore, N.Fyfe, D.Beams, V.Michie, X.Eliis, L.Dunstan (D.Wanganeen, C.Ellis-Yolmen)
RUCKS:B.Mcevoy, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, T.Nankevis)
FWDS:P.Dangerfield, N.Riewoldt, J.Roughhead, S.Higgins, A.Fasolo, JKH (M.Honeychurch, L.Mccarthy)

Salary remaining: $34,900

I'm very concerned with the FWD line. Not sure if I should downgrade rough & Mcevoy to upgrade Fasolo.
DEF Solid line mate. Mitchell, Hanley, Enright, Hurn and Suckers are good picks. And your rookies are fine at this stage. Not much wrong here.

MIDS Some interesting PODs here. Ablett and DBeams are great picks. Do you think Sloane, Libba and Fyfe can become top 10 picks? Because I think your missing out on the value of underpriced proven performers like Cotchin, Rockliff and MMurphy here. If you do thin these PODs can go there then back your gut though. For your rookies you need to consider Sheed, Tyson and Polec though.

RUCKS Nothing wrong with this line. It will be interesting to see how McEvoy goes but Sandi is great value.

FWDS Yeh we need to fix the tail end of this line. Look at some value picks like Caddy, Buddy, Rohan because I think your a bit top heavy here which means your tail is quite weak. Fasolo is fringe 22 and a big vest candidate also.

BlackOrWhite

Hi, Rico.   Should i go team 1 or 2? Differences will be bolded.
Team 1
DEF: Mcveigh. Mitchell, Enright, Suckling, Webster, Clurey (Langford, Georgiou)
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Rockliff, Beams, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Robertson, Crouch)
RUC: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Derickx, King)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Impey)
31k in the bank.
Team 2
DEF: Mcveigh. Mitchell, Enright, Suckling, Hurn, Mcdonald (Langford, Georgiou)
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Thomas, Rockliff, Beams, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Robertson, Crouch)
RUC: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Derickx, King)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Impey)

1.9K in the bank.    Which team is better?