Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

made a few changes here and there...

Keepz Kill Krew
Salary cap left: $218,200.

Sam Mitchell, Nick Malceski, Matthew Broadbent, Matt Suckling, Jimmy Webster, Luke McDonald
Will Langford, Alexis Georgiou

Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Tom Liberatore, Dayne Beams, Jackson Macrae, Dom Tyson, Jared Polec, Viv Michie
Xavier Ellis, Luke Dunstan

Matthew Leuenberger, Aaron Sandilands
Fraser Thurlow, Max King

Patrick Dangerfield, Luke Dahlhaus, Dayne Zorko, Matthew Wright, Josh Caddy, Shaun Higgins
Gary Rohan, Jay Kennedy-Harris

Captain, Premo, Stepping Stone

any suggestions mate??

Ricochet

Quote from: Jmachete on March 09, 2014, 11:59:41 AM
Is this good enough to take into round 1??????

Revised team.

Backs: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, Webster, McDonald, (Laidler, Langford)

Mids: Ablett, Pendles Rockliff, Beams, Tyson, Ellis, Michie, Polec (Dunstan, M.Crouch)

Rucks:  McEvoy , Sandilands (Derickx, Thurlow)

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Higgins, Caddy, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris , L.Taylor)

Bank: $238,200
DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies (Webster and McDonald) in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and Laidler on the bench will find it tough to cement a spot. I'd definitely look to upgrade one here. McVeigh and Mitchell are great top end premos and Suckling is great value

MIDS Nothing wrong here. Would like to see Dthomas in there but a good mix of premos, underpricers and rookies.

RUCKS Unsure how McEvoy will go this year but he is a premo when on song. Sandi is great value.

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks.  I'm not a huge fan of the Gunston pick tbh. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later Caddy, Higgins and Rohan are great value. Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason so consider McCarthy, Impey or McDonough.

jumbo

Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: jumbo on March 08, 2014, 01:20:26 PM
Hi Rico,

great work on all your efforts replying to peoples teams. If you get a chance to look at this team it would be greatly appreciated.

DEF: Bartel, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, McDonald, Langford (Fuller, Georgiou)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Beams, Thomas D, J Martin, Michie, Dunstan (Sheed,Garlett)

RUC: McEvoy, Sandi, (Thurlow, Nankervis)

FWD: Danger, Martin, Buddy, Pav, Higgins, Rohan, (Taylor, JKH)

I have 185 k to play with.

Concerns are the;

backline. Do I upgrade a defender? Which one and to whom?

Midfield: Thoughts about downgrading Daisy to Polec or similar to spend more on prem defender?

any other suggestion?
Yep you definitely need to upgrade your D5 or D6 here mate. I'd look at KSimpson, Hurn or Birchall.
I'd keep Daisy because he is great value. Maybe bite the bullet and downgrade Pendles. He has a tough run up to the byes and you have the firepower in the rest of your forward line to cover him. You could also just go Pendles to Cotchin which would nearly give you enough to go LMac to Birchall. Or should be enough for LMac to Hurn.
Only other concerns would be your rookies.
Fuller has struggled to get games in NAB and when he does has struggled to cement a spot. Georgiou is still on the rookie list. Look at Langdon and Clurey here.
Garlett won't be playing football any time soon. Swap him with XEllis asap.
Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason, swap him with McCarthy, Impey or McDonough.

Cheers Ricochet.

Much happier with the balance of my team at present. ($66k to spend)

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Langdon)

MID: Ablett, Cotchin, Murphy, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Dunstan (Ellis, Crouch)

RUC: McEvoy, Sandi (Thurlow, Nankervis)

FWD: Danger, Martin, Roughy, Pav, Higgo, Rohan (JKH,Impey)

My only thoughts are;

PAV? Change to Buddy, will Buddy outscore Pav? Other option there?

Thurlow, Nankervis? Is there better options here? Why or why not?

If I can make some peace on these questions than I am locked and loaded pretty much for round 1..

Ricochet

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on March 09, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
Hey Rico,

Today's team (sorry, I mean this mornings team. It is likely to change thus arvo!)  8)

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Hurn, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Giorgiou)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Libba, D Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Crouch)
RUC: Leuey, Sandi (Currie, Derricx)
Fwd: Danger, Dusty, Gunstan, Caddy, Higgins, Bennedy (JKH, Impey)

Cash left $14,500

Alternative is Dusty > Roughy and Libba > Jobe???

Cheers
Haha yeh mine changes that much as well.

DEF Really like this backline. For your rookies consider Langford and Langdon though.

MIDS My only concern here will be Libba but he does have his admirers. Just be careful picking a player after they have just broken out the year before. Rookies are fine.

RUCKS Leuey will be a nice POD and Sandi is great value. For your rookies consider TNankervis and Thurlow.

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks.  I'm not a huge fan of the Gunston pick tbh. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. Caddy and Higgins are great value. I would def consider Rohan at F6 though. For your rookies also consider McCarthy. 

I really like Libba to Jobe but not too sure on Dusty to Roughead.

Ricochet

Quote from: brudski on March 09, 2014, 12:45:05 PM
Hey Rico,

Would love some of your great advice because l'm quite stuck current team

Def - J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, C.Enright, S.Hurn, J.Webster (T.Langdon, A.Georgiou)

Mid - G.Ablett, T.Rockliff, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Tyson, V.Michie, J.Polec, X.Ellis (L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)

Ruck - M.Luenberger, A.Sandilands (.F.Thurlow, A.Smith (needed to make cash somewhere)

Fwd - Dangerfield, D.Martin, M.Pavlich, J.Caddy, S.Higgins, J.Harris Kennedy (J.Impy, Z.merrett)

I'm just a little concerned with my forward line l'm thinking if l should get rohan for F6 i have three options

1.Leave the team
2.Mcviegh to Houli to get rohan
3.Webster to macdonald to get rohan

Which would you choose or would you recommend leaving the team at it is?
DEF very very strong line mate. No Sucking though? He's almost a must because a) he is so cheap and b) everyone will have him so there is less risk. Otherwise I like this line.

MIDS Like your premos here a lot. Would like to see DThomas or MMurphy in here though as they are great value. Your rookies are the best of the bunch so far.  Not a lot wrong with this line

RUCKS Thats fine having ASmith at R4. You'll most likely not need that position. Leuey is becoming more and more popular and Sandi is a must have.

FWDS A good mix of top end premos and value picks here. I think you do need Rohan at F6 though. Also consider McCarthy and MdDonough for your rookies. I would go Enright to Suckling mate. That will free up heaps of cash

Ricochet

Quote from: Keeper27 on March 10, 2014, 11:14:33 AM
made a few changes here and there...

Keepz Kill Krew
Salary cap left: $218,200.

Sam Mitchell, Nick Malceski, Matthew Broadbent, Matt Suckling, Jimmy Webster, Luke McDonald
Will Langford, Alexis Georgiou

Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Tom Liberatore, Dayne Beams, Jackson Macrae, Dom Tyson, Jared Polec, Viv Michie
Xavier Ellis, Luke Dunstan

Matthew Leuenberger, Aaron Sandilands
Fraser Thurlow, Max King

Patrick Dangerfield, Luke Dahlhaus, Dayne Zorko, Matthew Wright, Josh Caddy, Shaun Higgins
Gary Rohan, Jay Kennedy-Harris

Captain, Premo, Stepping Stone

any suggestions mate??
DEF a few interesting PODs here mate. Malceski is quality but for his price I would probably prefer Birchall. Not a massive concern though. I do have a concern with Broadbent however. He is priced at 80 and never averaged over 84. At his price he will need to average 98 to a) make you 100k and b) become a top 8 defender. Personally I can't see that happening so I would look elsewhere here. Mitchell, Suckling and Webster are all good picks. I think its a bit risky with Webster at D5 and LMac at D6 though. Especially with the lack of depth of defender rookies. Georgiou is still on a rookie list and LMac may cop a fair few vests in a strong Kangaroos side. I'd look to upgrade one of D5 or D6.

MIDS Ablett, Rocky and DBeams are great picks. I'm not 100% on Libba. He will be a star one day but I have my concerns with picking a player after their first big breakout the year before. Hardly ever do they back it up or improve again. Also with Macrae I would prefer DThomas as he is proven. Your rookies are fine though.

RUCKS Becoming a more common ruck combo. Nothing wrong here.

FWDS A lot of risk here. Danger is a great pick. At a 79ave Dahlhaus will need to average 98 to a) make you 100k and b) become a keeper. That's on par with Roghead and Cloke. If you can see him doing that then jump on, if not then there is no real loss in not starting him and picking him up later. I'm not a fan of Zorko this year, you can see my thoughts in the opening post here. Wright is a risk but is great value, as are both Caddy and Higgins.

Quite a few risks here mate. I know you have to risk it to get the biscuit but maybe one too many here. The rest of the team looks solid.

Ricochet

Quote from: jumbo on March 10, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: jumbo on March 08, 2014, 01:20:26 PM
Hi Rico,

great work on all your efforts replying to peoples teams. If you get a chance to look at this team it would be greatly appreciated.

DEF: Bartel, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, McDonald, Langford (Fuller, Georgiou)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Beams, Thomas D, J Martin, Michie, Dunstan (Sheed,Garlett)

RUC: McEvoy, Sandi, (Thurlow, Nankervis)

FWD: Danger, Martin, Buddy, Pav, Higgins, Rohan, (Taylor, JKH)

I have 185 k to play with.

Concerns are the;

backline. Do I upgrade a defender? Which one and to whom?

Midfield: Thoughts about downgrading Daisy to Polec or similar to spend more on prem defender?

any other suggestion?
Yep you definitely need to upgrade your D5 or D6 here mate. I'd look at KSimpson, Hurn or Birchall.
I'd keep Daisy because he is great value. Maybe bite the bullet and downgrade Pendles. He has a tough run up to the byes and you have the firepower in the rest of your forward line to cover him. You could also just go Pendles to Cotchin which would nearly give you enough to go LMac to Birchall. Or should be enough for LMac to Hurn.
Only other concerns would be your rookies.
Fuller has struggled to get games in NAB and when he does has struggled to cement a spot. Georgiou is still on the rookie list. Look at Langdon and Clurey here.
Garlett won't be playing football any time soon. Swap him with XEllis asap.
Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason, swap him with McCarthy, Impey or McDonough.

Cheers Ricochet.

Much happier with the balance of my team at present. ($66k to spend)

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Langdon)

MID: Ablett, Cotchin, Murphy, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Dunstan (Ellis, Crouch)

RUC: McEvoy, Sandi (Thurlow, Nankervis)

FWD: Danger, Martin, Roughy, Pav, Higgo, Rohan (JKH,Impey)

My only thoughts are;

PAV? Change to Buddy, will Buddy outscore Pav? Other option there?

Thurlow, Nankervis? Is there better options here? Why or why not?

If I can make some peace on these questions than I am locked and loaded pretty much for round 1.
I'd pick Buddy over Pav but both are great picks. Tbh I would go Roughie to Buddy and have both Pav and Bud.
There is also Cam Wood but I would stick with Thurlow and TNank for now.

Morphyiena

Hey Rico,

Need some advice pls mate, it's my first time getting involved in SC and it would be much appreciated!

Initial Team:
Backs: Mitchell, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, Docherty, L. McDonald (Langdon, Georgio)
Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Cotch, D. Beams, Daisy, Tyson, Polec, Ellis (C. Beams, Michie)
Ruc: Lobbe, Sandi (Nankervis, Thurlow)
Fwds: Danger, Dusty, Dixon, Pav, Caddy, Kersten (JKH, Impey)

21,400 left in bank.

Firstly, looking at swapping C. Beams with Dunstan as he looks unlikely for round 1.
Docherty also unlikely for round 1, so wanted you thoughts on replacing him?
Was thinking that if I swap Caddy for Fasolo it would free up $110,000, so I would effectively have $415,000 to replace Docherty with. Any defenders you would recommend for around 400K to shore up the back line?
Other options I was thinking with this extra $$ was to upgrade Lobbe or Pav to Westhoff?

Any advice you can give would be awesome, cheers mate 

brudski

Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 12:12:22 PM
Quote from: brudski on March 09, 2014, 12:45:05 PM
Hey Rico,

Would love some of your great advice because l'm quite stuck current team

Def - J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, C.Enright, S.Hurn, J.Webster (T.Langdon, A.Georgiou)

Mid - G.Ablett, T.Rockliff, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Tyson, V.Michie, J.Polec, X.Ellis (L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)

Ruck - M.Luenberger, A.Sandilands (.F.Thurlow, A.Smith (needed to make cash somewhere)

Fwd - Dangerfield, D.Martin, M.Pavlich, J.Caddy, S.Higgins, J.Harris Kennedy (J.Impy, Z.merrett)

I'm just a little concerned with my forward line l'm thinking if l should get rohan for F6 i have three options

1.Leave the team
2.Mcviegh to Houli to get rohan
3.Webster to macdonald to get rohan

Which would you choose or would you recommend leaving the team at it is?
DEF very very strong line mate. No Sucking though? He's almost a must because a) he is so cheap and b) everyone will have him so there is less risk. Otherwise I like this line.

MIDS Like your premos here a lot. Would like to see DThomas or MMurphy in here though as they are great value. Your rookies are the best of the bunch so far.  Not a lot wrong with this line

RUCKS Thats fine having ASmith at R4. You'll most likely not need that position. Leuey is becoming more and more popular and Sandi is a must have.

FWDS A good mix of top end premos and value picks here. I think you do need Rohan at F6 though. Also consider McCarthy and MdDonough for your rookies. I would go Enright to Suckling mate. That will free up heaps of cash
\

Cheers for the advice mate i made a few changes now let me know what you think

Def - J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, S.Hurn, C.Enright, A.Mcdonald (T.Langdon, A.Georgiou)

Fwd - Dangerfield, D.Martin, M.Pavlich, J.Caddy, S.Higgins, G.Rohan  (J.Impy, J.Harris Kennedy)

Cheers for the advice.
i'm not to confident about thomas and his ankles and i don't mind running the 4 rookie mid field. I thought about suckling but i really like having the 5 premo back line cause it makes it super strong and kinda makes it a set and forget and saves me a trade for later. I guess i just sorta wanna go different to everyone else to separate me from the pack. If i did go enright to suckling what would you recommend me doing with the cash?

Anthonyyyy

TEAM NAME: New And Improved!!!
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T. Langdon, A. Georgiou)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Polec, X. Ellis, L. Dunstan (M. Crouch, L. Taylor)
RUC: P. Ryder, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, R. Lobb)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Kennedy, J. Caddy, S. Higgins, M. McDonough (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $28,200

cheers mate!

kma07

Hi mate
How do you think my team looks at the moment?
Thoughts on Macrae?

DEF:
Mitchell, Simpson, Enright, Suckling, Webster, McDonald (Clurey, Langdon)

MID:
Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, D.Beams, Macrae, Michie, Polec, Sheed (Dunstan, M.Crouch)

RUCK:
Lobbe, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)

FWD:
Dangerfield, D.Martin, Roughead, Pavlich, Caddy, Higgins (JKH, Impey)

Keeper27

Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 12:28:33 PM
DEF a few interesting PODs here mate. Malceski is quality but for his price I would probably prefer Birchall. Not a massive concern though. I do have a concern with Broadbent however. He is priced at 80 and never averaged over 84. At his price he will need to average 98 to a) make you 100k and b) become a top 8 defender. Personally I can't see that happening so I would look elsewhere here. Mitchell, Suckling and Webster are all good picks. I think its a bit risky with Webster at D5 and LMac at D6 though. Especially with the lack of depth of defender rookies. Georgiou is still on a rookie list and LMac may cop a fair few vests in a strong Kangaroos side. I'd look to upgrade one of D5 or D6.

MIDS Ablett, Rocky and DBeams are great picks. I'm not 100% on Libba. He will be a star one day but I have my concerns with picking a player after their first big breakout the year before. Hardly ever do they back it up or improve again. Also with Macrae I would prefer DThomas as he is proven. Your rookies are fine though.

RUCKS Becoming a more common ruck combo. Nothing wrong here.

FWDS A lot of risk here. Danger is a great pick. At a 79ave Dahlhaus will need to average 98 to a) make you 100k and b) become a keeper. That's on par with Roghead and Cloke. If you can see him doing that then jump on, if not then there is no real loss in not starting him and picking him up later. I'm not a fan of Zorko this year, you can see my thoughts in the opening post here. Wright is a risk but is great value, as are both Caddy and Higgins.

Quite a few risks here mate. I know you have to risk it to get the biscuit but maybe one too many here. The rest of the team looks solid.

i get what you're saying and i do have some reservations about it too.
But i'll stick with my gut and go with the players i choose.

Broadbent - i dont think he has to avg 98. anything over 90 for a DEF is solid. there's 15 players who's avg are between 90-100.
and i really think Broadbent can be one of them.

Dalhaus - same reasoning as Broadbent. 9 players who avg is between 90-100, and Dalhaus can definitely lift his game to that level.

Macrae, i believe that he is better value than Daisy, Im afraid that he's more of an injury concern than Macrae is.
and as i think both are to have similar outputs i might as well go with the safer option.

thank you for your thoughts, i'll probably change my team a few more times before rnd 1 starts.

WizzFizz

Def: Mcveigh Mitchell Hanley Suckling Webster Mcdonald (Langdon Langford)
Mid: Gaz Rockliff Cotchin Murphy Beams Tyson Polec Ellis (Dunstan Crouch)
Ruc: Leuey Sandilands (Nankervis King)
Fwd: Danger Martin Franklin Pavlich Rohan Mcdonough (JKH Impey)

Im avoiding midpricers like caddy and thomas to allow more trades

Byes:9/7/14

17300 left

johnnytheboy1

Hi Ricochet
I would like some advice on the team below

Def: Mitchell,Hanley,Hurn,Swallow,Suckling, Mcdonald ( Georgiou,Langford)
Mids: Ablett,Pendlebury,Rockliff,Beams,Thomas,Michie,Polec,Dunstan ( Ellis,Crouch)
Rucks Jacobs,Sandilands (Derickx,Thurlow)
Fwds: Dangerfield,Martin,Franklin,Wright,Higgins,Mcdonough ( JKH,Impey)

Salary Left  $48.600

Chinwag

Quote from: Ricochet on March 10, 2014, 11:08:10 AM
Quote from: Chinwag on March 08, 2014, 10:18:12 PM
Can I just get a rate on my team, first time in three years and I haven't got a clue who or where to start to build a solid team.

DEF: A Walker, P Hanley, A Rance, D Rampe, M Suckling, D Grimes, (J Frost, C Cameron)
MID: G Ablett, D Swan, D Beams, H Hartlett, A Gaff, D Thomas, B Jack, X Ellis, (V Michie, D Sheed)
RUCK: B Grudy, A Sandilands, (S Michael, C Wood)
FWD: J Roughead, J Gunston, J Cameron, M Hurley, T Boyd, J Hogan, (J Kennedy-Harris, J Impey)

Cash Left: $9,300
I found Daisy and Ellis really cheap for the quality players they are. Just feel I have a lot of areas to improve but I don't know how to go about it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Chinwag
Hey mate, lets have a look.

DEF Walker, Hanley and Suckling are great picks. I like that you have loaded up the backline because of the lack of defender rookies but not that keen on Rance or Rampe. For Rance's price range strongly consider Birchall or Hurn. As for Rampe I would suggest Jimmy Webster. Rookies that I would suggest are Langford, Langdon, Clurey and LMcDonald.

MIDS Again you start strong with Ablett, Swan and DBeams. I'm not that keen on Harlett or even Gaff and BJack tbh. I would strongly consider MMurphy, Cotchin, Rockliff or rookie priced DTyson and Polec. Also consider Dunstan as a rookie.

RUCKS Not a fan of Grundy at all this year and you can see my thoughts on him in the Opening Post here. Sandi is great value though. For your rookies consider TNankervis and Thurlow.

FWDS Really need to be strengthened. Dangerfield is a must imo. I'm not a huge fan of the Gunston pick tbh. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. In your forward line consider underpriced proven players like Pavlich and value picks like Caddy, Higgins, Rohan, Blease, McCarthy.

Cheers Ricochet, certainly will take up the advice and change my team around.