Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: James_Pies on March 01, 2014, 10:36:33 AM
Tips on how i can improve my team, i only have 2k left.

Be careful with Duffield mate. His role can be very defensive at times and will influence his scoring. Don't expect too much improvement. Shiels is my only other concern. If Langford is named round 1 then Shiels shouldn't have to tag and he will be a great pick. If Langford isn't named then be very careful. These are my only two concerns here mate. I would look to go Duffield to DSwallow. And consider these rookies

DEF Laidler, Langford, Georgiou
MIDS JMartin, Tyson, Ellis, Dunstan
RUCKS Thurlow, Nankervis
FWDS McCarthy, Blease, Kersten

Ricochet

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on March 01, 2014, 11:45:06 AM
Hey Rico, appreciate the SC advice service mate.

Team (after many alterations) is currently below:

Def: Mitchell, Simpson, Thompson, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler (Clurey, Laidler)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Rocky, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Ellis, Polec (Cunningham, Dunstan)
Ruc: Leuey, Sandi (Derricx, Thurlow)
Fwd: Danger, Dusty, ?, Pavlich, Caddy, Rohan (JKH, Taylor)

I have $520k to finish F3. I had Buddy all along but I am getting cold. I am thinking of maybe:
- T Mitchell - a gun, with great scoring potential
- Zorko - disappointing last season but should bounce back under better coach
- Gunstan - should continue to score well with Buddy gone
- other?

Also, thoughts on team?

Cheers bud.
Stay with Buddy mate. Don't let NAB scare you, especially when WCE are belting Sydney and other results are all over the place. He is great value and will return to career best form.
- TMitchell will return to a fwd role that we saw at the end of last year which greatly affected his scoring. He has been dominating NAB because he has been attending more centre bounces than the likes of JPK, Jack, ROK, Hannebery, etc. Don't expect the same come round 1.
- Zorko: For his role he is one of best players in the league, unfortunately this role is not great for fantasy scoring. He is 2nd to only Mayne for forward 50 pressure acts. Because of this I do not see Leppa releasing Zorko into the midfield like his debut season. Since his debut year Brissie have also added Moloney to that midfield group.
- Not 100% on Gunston just yet, I'm not sure how much he will improve. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later.

On your team I would look to upgrade one of your D5 or D6 as fielding two rookies back here is very very risky (especially with two laidlers in your team :p ). Only concern I have with Thompson is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there. The rest of the team is quite strong mate

Ricochet

Quote from: Bazza on March 01, 2014, 03:39:58 PM
Backs: P. Hanley, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, D, Swallow, M. Suckling, J. Laidler (L. Mcdonald, M. Fuller)
Mids: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, V. Michie, J. Polec (L. Dunstan, D. Wanganeen)
Rucks: H. Mcintosh, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, F. Thurlow)
Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, M. Pavlich, M. Wright, J. Caddy, S. Higgins (G. Rohan, J. Kennedy-Harris)

I have 44,700 left

What are your thoughts?
Any weak areas?
DEF A lot of value here. All great picks and very good line in my opinion. Some may say its weak but I don't think so. Also consider Langdon, Langford and Georgiou for your rooks.
MIDS Again I can't really fault it. Especially with my starting mids are Ablett, Cotchin, MMurphy, DBeams, DThomas, JMartin, Michie and Polec. The only difference I have gone Cotchin over Pendles for value. Also consider Tyson, Ellis and Sheed for your rooks.
RUCKS Risky going HMac and Sandi combo even though there is great value. If you have good cover in R3 and R4 with the rookeis come round 1 then go for it. If the cover isn't there then be very careful
FWDS Again great value here again. Wright, Caddy and Pav are all great picks. Wright does concern me a bit depending on how much tagging he does but I have him currently also. Also consider Blease and McCarthy for your rookies

bensl

i would appreciate your thoughts.  90k left

Big Mac

Thoughts on Dunn? New role, easy draw, POD, is it possible for him to breakout and go 95+ this year? Or should I play it safe with Hurn.

gook

DEFENCE
Mitchell, S Thomas, Hanley, Suckling, Mcdonald, Laider.
(Clurey, Fuller)

MIDFIELD
Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, D Beams, D Thomas, J Martin, Polec, Ellis.
(Dunstan, M Crouch)

RUCK
Grundy, Sandilands.
(Derickx, Lobb)

FOWARD
Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Caddy, Rohan.
(Higgins, Kennedy-Harris)

init4themoney

Okay guys, would love feedback have made a few changes:

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Suckling, Webster, Mcdonald (Clurey, Langdon)
MID: Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Robertson, Crouch)
RUC: Mcevoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Gray, Pavlich, Higgins (JKH, McCarthy)

22k in the bank.

Daniel123

Is danger a lock looking for money who can I downgrade home too??? Should I?
Was wondering if I could get some tips on this team:

DEF- Mitchell, Simpson, hurn, swallow, suckling, McDonald, (Langdon, georgiou)

MID- ablett, pendles, Libba, beams, Thomas D, michie, polec, Ellis, (dunstan, crouch)

Ruck- hickey, sandilands, (derickx, thurlow)

FWD, danger, Martin, wingard, Gunsten, caddy, Kennedy-Harris, (Rohan, Taylor)

Want to get hickey upgraded done know where to find cash for 4k left also not 100% on caddy? Any tips appreciated as I value your opinion highly thanks, where can I find money? Is it worth going Thomas D to horlin smith or macrea or similar to up hickie will that weak on my mid other tips appreciated and a rate! THANKS
-Daniel

Ricochet

Quote from: bensl on March 05, 2014, 01:40:03 PM
i would appreciate your thoughts.  90k left

DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and Laidler will find it tough to cement a spot. I'd definitely look to upgrade one here. McVeigh and Mitchell are great top end premos and both Swallow and Suckling are great value. For your rookies consider Langford and Langdon.

MIDS I quite like having Martin, Tyson, Polec and Michie all in the same line. I reckon they are great value. My only concern is not jumping on the underpriced MMurphy or DThomas. It would allow you to upgrade D5.

RUCKS Ryder will be a nice POD for the first few rounds but Bellchambers is only expected to miss a month so be careful here. Sandi is great value.

FWDS Danger, Martin, Buddy, Pav and Caddy are all great picks. Also consider HIggins, Lamb, Blease and co. As well as McCarthy and Kersten for your rookies

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 05, 2014, 04:20:32 PM
Thoughts on Dunn? New role, easy draw, POD, is it possible for him to breakout and go 95+ this year? Or should I play it safe with Hurn.
At his price he will need to increase his average to over 100 to just make you 100k. I really don't think he's worth that risk. If I was going to take a risk on a Melbourne defender it would be Frawley. He only has to average 85 to make 100k and with Melbs new high possession game style I can see him doing that quite easily. Hurn is probably the safer pick though. Priced at 87 but went 95 unsubbed and looks like he'll get more time up the ground. I currently have him in my side

Ricochet

Quote from: gook on March 05, 2014, 05:00:34 PM
DEFENCE
Mitchell, S Thomas, Hanley, Suckling, Mcdonald, Laider.
(Clurey, Fuller)

MIDFIELD
Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, D Beams, D Thomas, J Martin, Polec, Ellis.
(Dunstan, M Crouch)

RUCK
Grundy, Sandilands.
(Derickx, Lobb)

FOWARD
Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Caddy, Rohan.
(Higgins, Kennedy-Harris)
DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and Laidler will find it tough to cement a spot. I'd definitely look to upgrade one here. I'm guessing S Thomas is S Thompson?? Only concern I have with Thompson is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there.  Mitchell, Hanley and Suckling are great picks though.

MIDS A good line. Like all your premo picks and underpriced proven performers. For your rookies also consider Tyson, Michie, Sheed.

RUCKS. I'm not a fan of Grundy this year and you can see my thoughts on him in the Opening Post here. Sandi is great value though.

FWDS Danger, Martin, Buddy, Pav and Caddy are all great picks. Also consider Higgins, Lamb, Blease and co. As well as McCarthy and Kersten for your rookies

Ricochet

Quote from: init4themoney on March 05, 2014, 05:03:08 PM
Okay guys, would love feedback have made a few changes:

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Suckling, Webster, Mcdonald (Clurey, Langdon)
MID: Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Robertson, Crouch)
RUC: Mcevoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Parker, Gray, Pavlich, Higgins (JKH, McCarthy)

22k in the bank.
DEF: Even though its Webster at D5 I'm still not really a fan of these two rookies at D5 and D6 man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and Webster will still need to score fairly well at D5 as most will have Suckers there. Especially when the cover isn't that great at D7 and D8. I'd definitely look to upgrade one here. Love the Hurn pick though along with Mitchell, Hanley and SUckers.

MIDS Really like the look of this. Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas are all underpriced. Polec, Ellis and Dunstan are great rookie picks also. Be careful with Robertson as he is a high chance to cop a vest. Also consider Michie, Tyson and Sheed.

RUCKS Nice POD in McEvoy and Sandi is great value. Nothing wrong here

FWDS A strong line with Pav at F5. I really like the Gray pick as a POD but maybe try to take advantage of the underpricers in Lamb, Rohan, Blease, Fasolo, etc. Rookies are fine

Ricochet

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 05, 2014, 05:16:48 PM
Is danger a lock looking for money who can I downgrade home too??? Should I?
Was wondering if I could get some tips on this team:

DEF- Mitchell, Simpson, hurn, swallow, suckling, McDonald, (Langdon, georgiou)

MID- ablett, pendles, Libba, beams, Thomas D, michie, polec, Ellis, (dunstan, crouch)

Ruck- hickey, sandilands, (derickx, thurlow)

FWD, danger, Martin, wingard, Gunsten, caddy, Kennedy-Harris, (Rohan, Taylor)

Want to get hickey upgraded done know where to find cash for 4k left also not 100% on caddy? Any tips appreciated as I value your opinion highly thanks, where can I find money? Is it worth going Thomas D to horlin smith or macrea or similar to up hickie will that weak on my mid other tips appreciated and a rate! THANKS
-Daniel
Nah keep danger mate. He has a great run leading up to the byes and will only increase his average on last year. To find some cash to upgrade Hickey I would strongly consider downgrading Wingard to Higgins/Lamb. It won't damage your fwd line too much and they are great value.

roti

Hey Rico wondering if you can have a look at my team

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, Hurn, Suckling, McDonald (Langford, Langdon)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Ellis, Dunstan (Cunningham, Crouch)
RUC: Naitanui, Sandilands (Nankervis, King)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Fasolo, Kennedy-Harris (McCarthy, Thurlow)

OR

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, Hurn, Suckling, McDonald (Langdon, Georgiou)
MID: Ablett, Watson, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Ellis, Dunstan (Cunningham, Crouch)
RUC: Naitanui, Sandilands (Nankervis, King)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Caddy, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris, McCarthy)

Thanks

Sundown24

Would love any advice I could get?

Backs: McVeigh, S.Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, R.Shaw, B.Martin (Langdon, Georgiou)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Macrae, Tyson, McDonald, Mitchie, Polec (Ellis, M.Crouch)

Rucks: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Longer, Thurlow)

Fwds: Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, T.Mitchell, Hogan, Blease (Rohan, Kennedy-Harris)

Cash Left: $39,200

Thought about Ryder in the ruck, free-ing up some $$$ to possibly get Daisy into the midfield, moving Mcdonald into DEF instead of Shaw?