Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, Suckling, McDonald, Clurey (Georgiou, Cutler)

Ablett, Pendlebury, M.Murphy, D.Beams, D.Thomas, C.Beams, Michie, Polec  (Dunstan, O'Rourke)

Minson/Goldstein, Sandilands  (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Chapman, Lamb, Fasolo  (Rohan, Markworth)

between $40k-$44k (Minson and Goldstein decision)

hey again Rico, was playing around today and took out a premo back and added one of the rookies, and could strengthen my rucks and forward. I think if all 3 rookie backs were named they would be very handy to have. I know it's risky though.

anyway just wanted to get ya thoughts on the team above mate. cheers.

Ricochet

Quote from: brad on February 26, 2014, 02:06:36 PM
Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, Suckling, McDonald, Clurey (Georgiou, Cutler)

Ablett, Pendlebury, M.Murphy, D.Beams, D.Thomas, C.Beams, Michie, Polec  (Dunstan, O'Rourke)

Minson/Goldstein, Sandilands  (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Chapman, Lamb, Fasolo  (Rohan, Markworth)

between $40k-$44k (Minson and Goldstein decision)

hey again Rico, was playing around today and took out a premo back and added one of the rookies, and could strengthen my rucks and forward. I think if all 3 rookie backs were named they would be very handy to have. I know it's risky though.

anyway just wanted to get ya thoughts on the team above mate. cheers.
Yeh very risky man. McDonald is the best rookie back there atm but even he will have a very good chance of copping vests each week in a strong Roos side. I think Georgiou will get upgraded but I haven't see anything on it yet so keep an eye on him. Its risky and I think you'll get into a bit of trouble but we'll have to see if any other defender rookies pop up. Also consider Sam Shaw. He's pricey at 250k but you pay for his JS and has proven to be a solid 70+ scorer in the past. MIds are fine but consider Ellis, Sheed, Hallahan and JMartin for your rookies. Rucks look perfect. In the fwd line also consider Caddy, Higgins, Blease for value. I really like most of it, just feel 2 rookies in defence is a bit too much of a risk

Griffo1982

Backs:
Walker - McVeigh - Mitchell - Suckling - Kolo - L.McDonald
Clurey - Langdon

Mids:
Ablett - Pendles - Beams - D.Thomas - Savage - Michie - Polec - Ellis
Dunstan - Beams

Ruck:
Ryder - Sandi
Nankervis - Thurlow

Fwd:
Danger - Martin - Franklin - Pavlich - Caddy - Rohan
JKH - Honeychurch

$130k in the bank which maybe used on swapping Higgins or Jack Martin in.

Bill Manspeaker

haha how quick was that. cheers mate  8)

Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, D.Swallow, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Georgiou)

Lobbe, Sandilands  (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Caddy, Lamb, Fasolo  (Rohan, Markworth)

this was my team before I toyed with the idea of adding the premo def.

obviously a lot stronger down back, but have to go with Lobbe in ruck and Caddy up fwd. want Ellis in my mids but only have $18k left, and the only mid I'd consider losing is O'Rourke, but don't have enough cash to go O'Rourke -> Ellis

can I be a pain in the ass and get ya thoughts on the team above aswell?

thanks again mate

GoLions

I'll just quote from my RMSC thread, made a number of changes since my first post from a while back now

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 26, 2014, 02:27:50 PM
Liking the look of this team, although still unsold on Buddy. First time he has been in my team all year, but someone like Gunston will suit my bye structure a bit more. However, Buddy is less of a risk as most people will be starting him I would imagine.

I have 6.9k left to spend, so not a lot.

brudski

Quote from: Ricochet on February 26, 2014, 11:09:40 AM
Quote from: brudski on February 24, 2014, 07:36:39 PM
Hey Rico can you please give me some advice on my team,

currently

Backs: J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, S.Hurn, S.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (W.Langford, M.Fuller)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, D.Sheed, X.Ellis, V.Michie, L.Dunstan (M.Honeychurch, C.Beams)

Ruck: N.Naitanui, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, J.Billings, J.Kennedy Harris (L.Taylor,D.Garlett)

Money: $17.500

I feel my mids are weak but i got no idea how to generate the cash to fix it. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated
DEF Good top end picks in McVeigh and Mitchell along with some underpriced proven performers in Hurn and Suckling. Now that Hibberd has gone down with a Hammy you'll have to find a replacement. Strongly look at Birchall.

MIDS Nothing wrong with field 4 rookies in the mids because that is where the value is this year. But strongly consider Polec and Tyson in there also. Watson and Beams are both underpriced and both GaJ and Pendles are superstars.

RUCKS The best combo imo

FWDS Love the Pav pick here and Buddy is underpriced also. Probably need to take advantage of the underpricers in Lamb, Higgins, Fasolo, Blease and Rohan though. Garlett is currently behind Hartung at the Hawks and Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason.

Cheers for the advice i made a few changes my team looks like this now

Backs: J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, D.Swallow, S.Hurn, S.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (A.Georgiou, T.Cutler)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, J.Polec, X.Ellis, D.Thomas, V.Michie (M.Honeychurch,L.Dunstan)

Ruck: Leuenberger, A.Sandilands (A.Smith (needed to free up 10k), F.Thurlow)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich,S.Blease , J.Kennedy Harris (J.Impey, S.Kerstern)

Vinny

Quote from: Ricochet on February 26, 2014, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: Vinny on February 26, 2014, 09:58:31 AM
Hey Ric,

Robbie Gray or Josh Caddy?

Thanks man.
Caddy mate.

Gray is priced at 442k but taking out his subbed games he should be about 490k = 48k difference
Caddy is priced at 325k but unsubbed should be about 405k = 80k difference

Then we look at how much each can improve. And I can see Gray pushing 95-100 which would only give you another 30-50k. But Caddy I can see easily going 85+ which would add another 55-60k on top of the 80k he is already underpriced.

Then there is the fact Christensen and Motlop are out of that midfield giving Caddy more time in there.

Go with Caddy mate
Thanks man, I'll watch Caddy tonight and see too. :)

felsty

Hey Rico, where do you think I should splash the cash if I'm going for overall?

D: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Enright, Suckling, McDonald (Tippett, Langford)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Thomas, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Crouch)
R: Natanui, Sandilands (Derickx, Currie)
F: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, Kennedy-Harris (Kersten, McDonough)
$176k remaining

Crate

Rico could you please cast your learned eye over my team?

Not sure on rucks, I don't like Nic Nat for a premium he is just too inconsistent IMO who is your next pick? Sandi is a lock especially after that performance last night.

I have $58k left..

Vinny

Hey man, one more question haha.

I've got Mitchell and Simpson, looking for a D3 and got enough cash to get anyone. Already got Hurn and Suckers too.

Who would you get and why?

Thanks, appreciate it.

diamw90

Hi rico just wondering if you can analyse my team...

Back: Mcveigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Sucking, R. Shaw, Mcdonald (Langdon, Georgiou)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Beams, Thomas, Kelly, Polec, Ellis (Cunningham, Dusntan)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Sandilands (King, Thurlow)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Gunston, Rohan, JKH (Taylor, Kersten)

Bank: $113,800

The Pelican

Defenders: Mitchell, Thompson, Hanley, Grimes, Suckling, McDonald (Langford, Langdon)
Midfielders: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis, Crouch (Taylor, Honeychurch)
Rucks: Hickey, Sandilands (Brown, King)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Cloke, Hawkins, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris, Impey)

$4,300 left

carlton

DEF: Hanley  Mitchell  Hurn Swallow Suckling McDonald (Cutler Fuller)

MIDS: Ablett  Pendles  Watson  Beams  Thomas  Polec Dunstan  Ellis (M Crouch wanganeen)

RUCKS: leuenberger  Sandi  (Thurlow derickx)

FORWARDS:  Danger  Martin  Franklin  Gunston  rohan Kennedy-Hariis  (Honeychurch Garlett)

James_Pies

Tips on how i can improve my team, i only have 2k left.

Blues Blues Blues

Hey Rico, appreciate the SC advice service mate.

Team (after many alterations) is currently below:

Def: Mitchell, Simpson, Thompson, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler (Clurey, Laidler)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Rocky, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Ellis, Polec (Cunningham, Dunstan)
Ruc: Leuey, Sandi (Derricx, Thurlow)
Fwd: Danger, Dusty, ?, Pavlich, Caddy, Rohan (JKH, Taylor)

I have $520k to finish F3. I had Buddy all along but I am getting cold. I am thinking of maybe:
- T Mitchell - a gun, with great scoring potential
- Zorko - disappointing last season but should bounce back under better coach
- Gunstan - should continue to score well with Buddy gone
- other?

Also, thoughts on team?

Cheers bud.