Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Hey Ric, bit bored on the eve of going back to Uni.

Thought I'd have a fiddle with my team, changed it around a bit since last time I posted it in here.

Could ya have a look at let me know what you think?

Just a few points:

- Got $136,000 left.

- Tried to get Suckers at D6, didn't work out so I've gone with Benny Griffiths. I reckon if Ivvy Maric goes for surgery, Griffo will get games. Hoping to hold him until somebody like a Bob or Seedy returns.

- Priddis is my boy and he's one guy I thought I wouldn't be including and come the start of the season probably won't but he's there for now but I'm trying to find the right POD to put in his place.

- Probably have a one too many rookie priced lads in the mids, dunno where to get the cash from.

- Think the ruck line should be okay. Probably been said elsewhere by somebody before, but the forwards and backs are killing me and I don't wanna have to worry about the rucks too much.

- I want Higgins in there if he does well, but feel it's inevitable he'll get injured. Other options around the same price?

Cheers mate.  8)

brudski

Hey Rico can you please give me some advice on my team,

currently

Backs: J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, S.Hurn, S.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (W.Langford, M.Fuller)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, D.Sheed, X.Ellis, V.Michie, L.Dunstan (M.Honeychurch, C.Beams)

Ruck: N.Naitanui, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, J.Billings, J.Kennedy Harris (L.Taylor,D.Garlett)

Money: $17.500

I feel my mids are weak but i got no idea how to generate the cash to fix it. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated

Johnahawk

Hey Rico, let me know what you think. Would like a bit of DPP flexibility but not sure how to go about it this year.

DEF - McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, McDonald, Fuller (Cutler, Langdon)
MID - Ablett, Griffen, Watson, Barlow, Beams, Aish, Michie, Sheed (M.Crouch, Dunstan)
RUC - McEvoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, Nankervis)
FWD - Dangerfield, D.Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, Kennedy-Harris (Kersten, L.Taylor) 

$43,600 left

bmac25

B: Mitchell, Hanley, D Swallow, Suckling, Webster, McDonald (Langdon, Georgiou)

M: Gaj, Pendles, Beams, Scully, Daisy, Shiels, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, M Crouch)

R: Mummy, Sandi (Hickey, Thurlow)

F: Danger, Dusty, T Mitchell, Zorko, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Honeychurch)

$37k left.  Bench players will depend on who plays round 1 and obviously a huge question mark over Higgins.   Thoughts?

shaness

Quote from: Ricochet on February 18, 2014, 10:38:46 AM
Quote from: shaness on February 17, 2014, 06:10:06 PM
heres my team looking for feedback 42k left.

DEF: Mveigh, Mitchell, D. Swallow, Yeo, Sucking, Mcdonald ( Cutler, Fuller)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, murphy, beams, thomas, michie , martin, sheed, (dunstan, Garllett)

RUCK: Naitanui, Sandilands (thurow, nankervis)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Lamb, Rohan (honeycrunch, Impey)

DEF: Quite unique with both Swallow and Yeo in there. A little risky imo with Yeo needing to lift his average to 80+ to make you 100k but it could definitely pay off. Just keep an eye on him today as both WCE and Freo have named decent sides so it should give you an indication of where he is at. Otherwise a pretty good line here.

MIDS: A good mix of top end premo's (Ablett and Pendles) along with underpriced proven stars (Murphy, Beams, Thomas). Your rookies are fine as well. Keep an eye on Garlett though, at this stage he is behind Hartung at the Hawks. Also consider Ellis.

RUCKS: The best combo imo. Same as mine.

FWDS: I like this line a lot. Another good mix of top end premos and underpricers. Overrall one of the better teams I've seen mate. Well done.

Thanks for the fed back made a few adjustments what do you think.

DEF: Mveigh, Mitchell, Hanley, k. Kolodashij, Sucking, Mcdonald ( Cutler, Fuller)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, rockLiff, beams, thomas, michie , martin, m.crouch, (dunstan, ellis)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Lamb, Rohan (kennedy harris, Impey)

carlton

DEF: Hibberd  Mitchell  Hurn Swallow Suckling McDonald (Cutler Fuller)

MIDS: Ablett  Pendles  Watson  Beams  Thomas  J Martin  Dunstan  Ellis ( Amon wanganeen)

RUCKS: Leunberger  Sandi  (Thurlow Nankervis)

FORWARDS:  Danger  Martin  Franklin  Gunston  Fasolo Kennedy-Hariis  (Honeychurch Impey)

Cheers

Vinny

Hey Ric,

Robbie Gray or Josh Caddy?

Thanks man.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jackross10 on February 24, 2014, 05:34:16 PM
If you have some time? Thanks

DEF: S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, W. Langford (M. Fuller, T. Langdon)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood or someone else?, D. Beams, D. Thomas, V. Michie, X. Ellis, L. Dunstan (M. Hallahan, M. Crouch)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (D. Currie, M. King)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Roughhead, L Franklin, M. Pavlich, S. Kersten (D. Markworth, J. Kennedy-Harris)

11/10/9
Hey mate,

DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side, Langford has shown heaps but not sure who he pushes out of the premiership side and Fuller hasn't even featured in NAB at all. I'd definitely upgrade up to a premo or someone like Sam Shaw at 250k-ish. The rest of this line are very good, with a good mix.

MIDS: A good line here. Your rookies are fine and you have a good mix of top end premos and under priced proven performers. I would consider Cotchin or MMurphy over Jelwood as he has missed a bit of training with that footy surgery.

RUCK: The best combo imo

FWDS: Very very strong. This is probably the area (along with the midfield) with the most value in terms of midpricers. Consider under priced guys like Wright, Caddy, Higgins, Lamb, Fasolo, Rohan here to save money and upgrade that backline. Roughead would be the one I would downgrade as all others represent value. I'd consider downgrading two though

Ricochet

Quote from: NigeyS on February 24, 2014, 05:43:47 PM
Hey Ric, bit bored on the eve of going back to Uni.

Thought I'd have a fiddle with my team, changed it around a bit since last time I posted it in here.

Could ya have a look at let me know what you think?

Just a few points:

- Got $136,000 left.

- Tried to get Suckers at D6, didn't work out so I've gone with Benny Griffiths. I reckon if Ivvy Maric goes for surgery, Griffo will get games. Hoping to hold him until somebody like a Bob or Seedy returns.

- Priddis is my boy and he's one guy I thought I wouldn't be including and come the start of the season probably won't but he's there for now but I'm trying to find the right POD to put in his place.

- Probably have a one too many rookie priced lads in the mids, dunno where to get the cash from.

- Think the ruck line should be okay. Probably been said elsewhere by somebody before, but the forwards and backs are killing me and I don't wanna have to worry about the rucks too much.

- I want Higgins in there if he does well, but feel it's inevitable he'll get injured. Other options around the same price?

Cheers mate.  8)
Hey man,

- Tried to get Suckers at D6, didn't work out so I've gone with Benny Griffiths. I reckon if Ivvy Maric goes for surgery, Griffo will get games. Hoping to hold him until somebody like a Bob or Seedy returns. Consider Sam Shaw for D6. Sanderson loves him and he averaged 70+ in his first year. Severely underpriced and only about 250kl. Otherwise I think D6-D8 look very weak/unreliable. Shaw will have good JS.

- Priddis is my boy and he's one guy I thought I wouldn't be including and come the start of the season probably won't but he's there for now but I'm trying to find the right POD to put in his place. I love that POD. He is underpriced due to his vest and has a ripper early draw. I'd strongly consider DThomas in that midfield though mate. Screams Value

- Probably have a one too many rookie priced lads in the mids, dunno where to get the cash from. Nothing wrong with the rookies in the mids. I've got just as many. Its where the value is. Also consider Polec.

- Think the ruck line should be okay. Probably been said elsewhere by somebody before, but the forwards and backs are killing me and I don't wanna have to worry about the rucks too much. Set and forget. I still recommend Sandi or HMac but can understand why people are sceptical.

- I want Higgins in there if he does well, but feel it's inevitable he'll get injured. Other options around the same price? Lamb, Higgins, Fasolo, Blease, Rohan are all great value around that price.

Ricochet

Quote from: brudski on February 24, 2014, 07:36:39 PM
Hey Rico can you please give me some advice on my team,

currently

Backs: J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, S.Hurn, S.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (W.Langford, M.Fuller)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, D.Sheed, X.Ellis, V.Michie, L.Dunstan (M.Honeychurch, C.Beams)

Ruck: N.Naitanui, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, J.Billings, J.Kennedy Harris (L.Taylor,D.Garlett)

Money: $17.500

I feel my mids are weak but i got no idea how to generate the cash to fix it. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated
DEF Good top end picks in McVeigh and Mitchell along with some underpriced proven performers in Hurn and Suckling. Now that Hibberd has gone down with a Hammy you'll have to find a replacement. Strongly look at Birchall.

MIDS Nothing wrong with field 4 rookies in the mids because that is where the value is this year. But strongly consider Polec and Tyson in there also. Watson and Beams are both underpriced and both GaJ and Pendles are superstars.

RUCKS The best combo imo

FWDS Love the Pav pick here and Buddy is underpriced also. Probably need to take advantage of the underpricers in Lamb, Higgins, Fasolo, Blease and Rohan though. Garlett is currently behind Hartung at the Hawks and Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason.

Ricochet

Quote from: Johnahawk on February 24, 2014, 09:04:17 PM
Hey Rico, let me know what you think. Would like a bit of DPP flexibility but not sure how to go about it this year.

DEF - McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, McDonald, Fuller (Cutler, Langdon)
MID - Ablett, Griffen, Watson, Barlow, Beams, Aish, Michie, Sheed (M.Crouch, Dunstan)
RUC - McEvoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, Nankervis)
FWD - Dangerfield, D.Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, Kennedy-Harris (Kersten, L.Taylor) 

$43,600 left
DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and Fuller hasn't seen any NAB time yet. Consider upgrading one to a premo or Sam Shaw. Your top end picks are good and Suckers is great value.

MIDS Some nice PODs there in Griffen and Barlow mate. Ablett, Watson and Beams are great picks. For your rookies strongly consider Ellis, Hallahn, Polec and JMartin.

RUCKS: Nice POD in McEvoy and Sandi is great value.

FWDS I like this line. Except most teams will probably have Rohan at D6 and one of Higgins, Lamb, Fasolo at D5. Other than that this line is fine. Taylor has had an injury interrupted preaseason so watch him closely

Ricochet

Quote from: bmac25 on February 24, 2014, 09:36:11 PM
B: Mitchell, Hanley, D Swallow, Suckling, Webster, McDonald (Langdon, Georgiou)

M: Gaj, Pendles, Beams, Scully, Daisy, Shiels, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, M Crouch)

R: Mummy, Sandi (Hickey, Thurlow)

F: Danger, Dusty, T Mitchell, Zorko, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Honeychurch)

$37k left.  Bench players will depend on who plays round 1 and obviously a huge question mark over Higgins.   Thoughts?
DEF Interesting pick in Webster mate. I have no doubt he will eventually become fantasy relevant but at that price I would probably rather Sam Shaw or upgrade to a premo. Otherwise fielding two rookies makes your backline look very weak.

MIDS A lot of risks here. GaJ, Pendles, Beams and Daisy are all ripper picks but I have concerns with Scully and Shiels. Shiels is still Hawks best tagger unless Langford can break into the team round 1. Scully will need to average 95 to only make you 100k. If you can see him pushing 100+ then stick with him but most will field 3-4 rookies in the mids this year as that is where the value is. Consider Michie, JMartin, Sheed, CBeams, Tyson, Hallahan.

RUCKS A nice POD in Mummy and Sandi is great value

FWDS Danger and Dusty are great pricks as are Higgins and Rohan. TMItchell I have concerns about as Sydney will play him fwd like at the end of last year. This is when his scoring dropped off significantly. Atm he is getting a good run in the mids throughout NAB and scoring very well because of it. I think this will change come round 1. I'm not a huge fan of the Zorko pick either. You can see my thoughts on him in the Opening Post of this thread here. I'd definitely prefer to see someone like Buddy in there.

Ricochet

Quote from: shaness on February 24, 2014, 09:43:06 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 18, 2014, 10:38:46 AM
Quote from: shaness on February 17, 2014, 06:10:06 PM
heres my team looking for feedback 42k left.

DEF: Mveigh, Mitchell, D. Swallow, Yeo, Sucking, Mcdonald ( Cutler, Fuller)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, murphy, beams, thomas, michie , martin, sheed, (dunstan, Garllett)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Lamb, Rohan (honeycrunch, Impey)

DEF: Quite unique with both Swallow and Yeo in there. A little risky imo with Yeo needing to lift his average to 80+ to make you 100k but it could definitely pay off. Just keep an eye on him today as both WCE and Freo have named decent sides so it should give you an indication of where he is at. Otherwise a pretty good line here.

MIDS: A good mix of top end premo's (Ablett and Pendles) along with underpriced proven stars (Murphy, Beams, Thomas). Your rookies are fine as well. Keep an eye on Garlett though, at this stage he is behind Hartung at the Hawks. Also consider Ellis.

RUCKS: The best combo imo. Same as mine.

FWDS: I like this line a lot. Another good mix of top end premos and underpricers. Overrall one of the better teams I've seen mate. Well done.

Thanks for the fed back made a few adjustments what do you think.

DEF: Mveigh, Mitchell, Hanley, k. Kolodashij, Sucking, Mcdonald ( Cutler, Fuller)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, rockLiff, beams, thomas, michie , martin, m.crouch, (dunstan, ellis)

FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Lamb, Rohan (kennedy harris, Impey)
So by the looks of it the changes are
Swallow to Hanley Yep good trade, Hanley will improve on last year
Yeo to Kolodashij Prefer Yeo mate. Now your backline looks weak fielding two rookies in McDonald and Jolodashij
MMurphy to Rocky Probably prefer MMurphy only because he is so much cheaper and should average similar to Rocky
Sheed to Crouch Sheed has better JS mate, stick with him
Garlett to Ellis Yep good trade
Honeychurch to JKH Yep good trade

Ricochet

Quote from: carlton on February 25, 2014, 07:20:17 PM
DEF: Hibberd  Mitchell  Hurn Swallow Suckling McDonald (Cutler Fuller)

MIDS: Ablett  Pendles  Watson  Beams  Thomas  J Martin  Dunstan  Ellis ( Amon wanganeen)

RUCKS: Leunberger  Sandi  (Thurlow Nankervis)

FORWARDS:  Danger  Martin  Franklin  Gunston  Fasolo Kennedy-Hariis  (Honeychurch Impey)

Cheers
DEF With Hibbo going down with a Hammy last night we'll need a replacement. Strongly consider Simpson or Hanley. The rest of the backline is fine. Love the Hurn pick

MIDS Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Beams and Daisy are all ripper picks. For you rookies also consider Michie, Polec, Sheed, Hallahan.

RUCKS Leuey is a nice POD and Sandi is great value

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks and Buddy is great value. Not 100% on Gunston just yet, I'm not sure how much he will improve. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. Through F5 and F6 also consider Higgins, Lamb, Blease, and Rohan.

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on February 26, 2014, 09:58:31 AM
Hey Ric,

Robbie Gray or Josh Caddy?

Thanks man.
Caddy mate.

Gray is priced at 442k but taking out his subbed games he should be about 490k = 48k difference
Caddy is priced at 325k but unsubbed should be about 405k = 80k difference

Then we look at how much each can improve. And I can see Gray pushing 95-100 which would only give you another 30-50k. But Caddy I can see easily going 85+ which would add another 55-60k on top of the 80k he is already underpriced.

Then there is the fact Christensen and Motlop are out of that midfield giving Caddy more time in there.

Go with Caddy mate