Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Mind if I PM you my team for a rating Ric?  :)

nicw98

Hey mate, any feedback on this team would be great thanks

Ricochet

Quote from: skn146 on February 07, 2014, 07:22:52 PM
Gday Ricochet
I would appreciate if you cast your eye over my team quickly...
Thanks in advance and good luck for this season mate....

Backs- Grimes,Mitchell,Suckling,KKolodashi,Laidler,McDonald (Fuller-Cutler)

Mids- Ablett,Watson,Cotchin,murphy,Beams,Thomas,Martin,Michie, (C.Beams-Garlett)

Rucks- NNat,Sandilands (Thurlow-Nankervis)

Fwds- Dangerfield,Martin,Buddy,Pav,Caddy,Rohan (Bock-Impey)

$47,800 left.
DEF: Very very light on mate. Most teams are fielding a midpricer like Suckling at F5 and only fielding 1 rookie, compare to you having him at F3 and fielding 3. The pool of rookies in defence is far too think this year so I would strongly suggest you strengthen this line.

MIDS: Very strong. Some great value in underpriced premos here in Cotchin, Watson, Murphy, Beams and Thomas. You're rookies are also very strong. Also consider Dunstan, Ellis and Sheed. A lot of cash has been spent on this line.

RUCKS: Standard setup and the best imo.

FWDS: Another strong line. Danger and Martin are great top end premos while Pav, Buddy and Caddy are all underpriced. Also consider Higgins/Fasolo/Lamb/Clark as cheapies.

Overall I would definitely strengthen that backline mate. Possibly by dropping out a premo from that midfield and maybe on in the fwd line.

Ricochet

Quote from: carlton on February 07, 2014, 07:31:07 PM
what you think rico

BACKS: Mcveigh Mitchell Swallow suckling kolojanodjiki McDonald (fuller cutler)

MIDS: ablett DThomas cotchin Pendles Beams bontempelli aish  Salem ( C beams gray )

RUCKS: Leunberger sandi (thurlow nankervis)

FORWARD: dangerfield N.reiwoldt Boyd billings Rohan D Martin(Lennon Curran)

185 700k left
not sure on swallow boyd wanna get roughhead

thanks
DEF: Some good top end premos in McVeigh and Mitchell with a breakout contender in Swallow. Suckers is great value. Most will only field 2 rookies in defence this year so I would recommend you upgrade one here. The rookies down back this year aren't that strong

MIDS: Start off very strong with GaJ, Pendles, Cotchin, Beams, Thomas but drops away with the rookies. JMartin has to be considered, as does Dunstan, Sheed, Ellis, MIchie, Tyson.

RUCKS: Good combo. Leuey will be a nice POD for you

FWDS: Pretty weak tbh mate. Danger, DMartin and NRoo start you off very strong but Rohan at F4 and Boyd at F5 means it drops away quickly. There is a lot of value in the fwd line this year. Consider Buddy, Pavlich, Chappy, Higgins, Fasolo, MClark, Lamb, Bock, Caddy.

Ricochet

Quote from: mzunguman on February 07, 2014, 08:01:40 PM
BACK: Mitchell; Shaw; Hanley; Sucking; Kolodjashnij; McDonald; (Fuller; Battersby)

MID: Ablett jnr; Griffen; Watson; Fyfe; Beams; Martin; Michie; Ellis; (Dunstan; Honeychurch)

RUCK: Leuenberger; Sandilands; (Nankervis; Holmes)

FWD: Dangerfield; Martin; Franklin; Gray; Lennon; Taylor; (Garlett; Impey)

Let me know your thoughts. Obviously subject to change dependent on NAB cup, but give me a rough idea on how its shaping up :) Cheers
DEF: A pretty good line mate expect for fielding two rookies. Most will only field one rookie this year. I'd look to upgrade one. Shaw will be a nice POD for you. Risky but he could thrive.

MIDS: Quite strong with GAJ. Griff and Watson, along with Fyfe as a nice POD. Beams is great value and also consider MMurphy, Rocky, DThomas and Cotchin who are all underpriced. Your rookies are fine.

RUCKS: Again Leuey will be a nice POD and Sandi is great value.

FWDS: Danger and Martin are good top end premos and Buddy is great value. Gray is an interesting pick. I'm not sure he is a viable pick unless you can see him averaging 100 where he a) becomes a top 8 fwd and b) makes you 100k. Also I think you need to consider some of the other value picks in the fwd line this year. Guys like Higgins/Clark/Fasolo/Lamb/Rohan/Bock/etc.

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on February 07, 2014, 08:12:41 PM
Sure mate go for it

Ricochet

Quote from: nicw98 on February 07, 2014, 08:25:34 PM
Hey mate, any feedback on this team would be great thanks

DEF: Two nice top end premo's in McVeigh and Mitchell and a nice POD in Atley. Keep in mind that Atley will have to average 92 to make you 100k which will be a big ask imo. Suckers is great value. I don't really like fielding two rookies in defence this year. The rookie pool just isn't that strong. I would upgrade one.

MIDS: Strong with a good mix of top end premos and value in underpriced proven premos. Ellis will be a nice POD and Young is great value.

RUCKS: I'm not a fan of the Lobbe pick and I've given my reasons in the Opening Post if you click here. Sandi is great value.

FWDS: Dixon is a nice POD that will cover your fwd line and Buddy is great value at that price for what he can produce. I don't see Zorko as being fantasy relevant in the role that he now plays. Again I've given my reasons for him in the Opening Post here. Higgins and Rohan are also good value.

tor01doc

Hey Rick O'Shea

For the record, which of these risky types will be worth getting?

Suckling
Waters
D Swallow
H Shaw
Grimes
Duffield
Watts

JPK
Jack
Fyfe
Cotchin
Murphy

Sandi
HMac
Grundy
NicNait
Ryder

Buddy
Pav
Higgins
Fasolo
Wingard

Thanks

MTTY

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Goodes, Grimes, Suckling, L.McDonald
(K.Kolodjashnij, Fuller)

C: Pendlebury, Rockliff, Liberatore, Beams, Carrazzo, Thomas, Tyson, Michie
(Dunstan, O'Rourke)

R: Ryder, Sandilands
(Derickx, B.Brown)

F: Dangerfield, Franklin, T.Mitchell, Higgins, Bock, L.McCarthy
(Garlett, Impey)

Thanks Ric.

GoLions

Hey Ric, thoughts on this team? Have 25k left. At this point haven't figured out a way to bring in a better ruck for R1 instead of Lobbe, as he is not my preferred choice. Not keen on Buddy in the forward line, even though he wouldn't be much of a risk with most people here locking him in. Really want Sloane in the midfield, but there's no-one that I want to drop for him. If Suckling is out R1, then he becomes KK and I can upgrade my rucks that way. Thanks in advance :)

elephants

What are you hiding??????

#1 Stkilda

Hey Ric mind casting an eye over my team?

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Henderson, Suckling, Fuller (Cutler, Curran)
MID: Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Murphy, D. Beams, Daisy, Dunstan, Taylor (O'Rourke, Robertson)
RUC: Mcevoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, Nankervis)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Gunston, JKH, Impey (Garlett, Honeychurch)
   10k in bank

Vinny

Quote from: elephants on February 10, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

Haha I can show you if you want ;)

elephants

Quote from: Vinny on February 10, 2014, 05:41:09 PM

Haha its ok :P Unless you really want to ;)

Vinny

Quote from: elephants on February 10, 2014, 05:48:10 PM
Quote from: Vinny on February 10, 2014, 05:41:09 PM

Haha its ok :P Unless you really want to ;)
Only if you want to see it, haha. Dammit Ele make flowering your mind :P