Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie May

Hi Rico, would love your thoughts on this team?

Def: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, D. Swallow, M. Williams, L. McDonald, J. Laidler (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)
Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Martin, V. Michie, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, D. Garlett)
Ruc: B. Grundy, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)
Fwd: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, J. Hogan T. Broomhead (L. Taylor, J. Impey)
Cash left: $46,700

Ricochet

Quote from: Typhnn on February 05, 2014, 11:11:10 AM
Hey Rico,

Def - Geary/Hurn seems to be on fire, from all reports so i've chosen them atm...!!
Mid - No Ablett/Beams/Thomas & High priced rookies, trying to get more out of securing more prem's
Fwd - Dixon to help cover Rucks if they break down, and Chappy atm because he can dominate....

Hey mate love a couple of those picks.

DEF: Love the Hurn pick. He is already 8pts under his average due to his vest last year and there is a lot of talk of rotations up the ground. Not too sure on the Geary pick though. Saints will get a lot worse before they get better and at that price I'd probably lean more towards a Grimes or Swallow. The rest looks good.

MIDS: I think you are missing out on a loooot of value by not looking at Beams or Thomas mate. Beams is a super premo and Thomas is so cheap for what he can produce. I'd definitely consider one or both. Also consider JMartin mate. Don't let the pricetag scare you, he is a genuine superstar. For you rookies, keep an eye on Dunstan. He will definitely get games early for the Saints.

RUCKS: The best combo imo. Good line

FWDS: Like Dixon as a pick to cover your rucks and love both the Chappy and Pavlich picks. I think you need to strongly consider Higgins/Fasolo/Lamb/Rohan/Bock/Clark (if they are fit round 1) though. There is great value in those picks.

Overall I would look to capitalise on the value of Beams and Thomas in your mids and use the extra cash to bring in one or two of those cheap fwd 200-250k mid pricers as a replacement to some rookies.

Ricochet

Quote from: hoon1 on February 05, 2014, 12:28:06 PM
Hi Richo would love to hear your thoughts on my team.

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Watts, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Orourke, Dunstan (Taylor, Garlett)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Nankervis, Thurlow)
For: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Fasolo, Rohan (JKH, Impey)

Remaining $2,900

Now I know that Wattsy is a sore point with some people but with more game time in the middle and paul roos to help shape him, plus excellent disposal and marking ability over other midfielders I am expecting watts to exceed the 86 average he had in 2012 and to break into the 90's. The other option was swallow but could not afford him however both are an upgrade on atley. I believe this will be jacks year!

What do you think of the team?
DEF I like your Watts pick. If he can break into the 90s like your hoping then he will make you 100k+ and be a viable pick. Your defence has a good combo of top end premos and value picks. Good line

MIDS: Great picks here. A good mix of top end premos in Pendles and GaJ along with some proven under pricers in Beams, Murphy and Thomas. Your rookies are fine for now. Also consider Sheed and Ellis as Taylor has had an interrupted preseason.

RUCKS: Nice POD in Leuy and Sandi is great value. Keep in mind Brissie have a very tough draw this year

FWDS: Another solid line and love the Pavlich pick. Fasolo and Rohan are great value. If they don't get up for round 1 also consider Higgins and Lamb.

Overall a pretty good team mate. Very solid across the board with some nice PODs there.

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on February 05, 2014, 12:48:28 PM
Hmac or Longer/Sandi combo too risky with limited trades?

Spending the extra 100-170k on Ryder as R1 worth it instead?
Not at all. Only concern I have with HMac is if Simpson plays also (and I think NicNat is great value especially with his early draw).
If some good rookies pop up I'll seriously consider this option myself.

I've gone a bit cold on Ryder purely because Belly should only miss the first few games before he's ready to go. If Bellchambers was out for longer I'd be all over it too. Worth monitoring Bellchambers' progress

Ricochet

Quote from: Maggie May on February 05, 2014, 01:08:25 PM
Hi Rico, would love your thoughts on this team?

Def: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, D. Swallow, M. Williams, L. McDonald, J. Laidler (T. Cutler, M. Fuller)
Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Martin, V. Michie, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, D. Garlett)
Ruc: B. Grundy, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)
Fwd: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, J. Hogan T. Broomhead (L. Taylor, J. Impey)
Cash left: $46,700

DEF: Some nice top end premos here and like the DSwallow pick. Not sure on Williams though. He gets a few too many lockdown roles for my liking and at that price you can get Grimes for a little bit more or I would strongly suggest going down to Suckling. Also fielding two rookies in defence this year is very risky as we are yet to see many rookie defenders put their hand up as likely round 1 starters. I would look to strengthen this line by upgrading a rookie.

MIDS: Very solid. A good mix of Top end premos and some proven underpricers. You rookies are spot on as well.

RUCKS: Not a big fan of Grundy this year. Cannot see the value in him as a pick. I have given my thoughts in the OP if you click here. Sandi is great value.

FWDS: Very strong with a couple of top end premos and Buddy for value. Although I think you are missing out on some other value picks in Higgins/Clark/Fasolo/Lamb/Rohan (if they are fit round 1). I also don't think Wingard will improve much this year but thats just my personal opinion based on a tougher draw and more attention.

Ricochet

Have added Wingard to my list of popular picks I'm not so keen. See the opening post here.

Gil Gunderson

Hey mate whats your thought on my current side?

Mcveigh, Mitchell, Shaw, Suckling, Kolodashnij, Mcdonald
Laidler, Fuller

Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Beams, Daisy, Martin, Polec, Dunstan
O'Rourke, L.Taylor

Nic Nat, Lobbe
Currie, Thurlow

Dangerfield, Dusty, Roughead, Caddy, Rohan, JKH
Kersten, Gartlett

Pkbaldy

What are your opinions on Nat Fyfe, Jack Steven, Jobe Watson and Tom Rockliff as a M3?

Ricochet

Quote from: Gil Gunderson on February 07, 2014, 12:54:06 PM
Hey mate whats your thought on my current side?

Mcveigh, Mitchell, Shaw, Suckling, Kolodashnij, Mcdonald
Laidler, Fuller

Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Beams, Daisy, Martin, Polec, Dunstan
O'Rourke, L.Taylor

Nic Nat, Lobbe
Currie, Thurlow

Dangerfield, Dusty, Roughead, Caddy, Rohan, JKH
Kersten, Gartlett
DEF Some good top end premos with a nice POD in Shaw. I'm really not sure on what Heath will do this year, if he will a) cop more attention and b) struggle in a weaker side. But he could pay off for you. Not a fan of fielding two rookies in defence as I've mentioned before. I'd definitely look to upgrade one.

MIDS A good mix of top end premo's and underpriced proven premos, along with some solid rookies. A good line. Also consider Sheed and Ellis as rookie options as Taylor has had an interrupted preseason.

RUCKS Like the NicNat pick but not a fan of Lobbe this year. My thoughts on him are in the Opening Post here. I also think the value of Sandi/HMac is too good to pass up.

FWDS: A nice POD in Roughead along with two top end premos in Dusty and Danger. I love the Caddy pick and have him as well. Also consider Fasolo/Higgins/Lamb/Bock/Clark for your fwd line if fit round 1.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 07, 2014, 01:23:29 PM
What are your opinions on Nat Fyfe, Jack Steven, Jobe Watson and Tom Rockliff as a M3?
Fyfe will be a star but the value isn't there just yet so he's a no for me (as much as it pains me to say it).
Watson is underpriced and a proven premo star with (hopefully) the supplements scandal behind him.
Rocky will be back in the mids where he belongs. He is a fantasy pig in there as he showed at the end of last year.
Stevens is a very good player but Saints will get worse before they get better so I wouldn't expect much improvement.

Rocky is my pick out of these 4, closely followed by Jobe, before a decent gap to the other two.

carlton

Want your opinions mate on my team

BACKS: Mcveigh Mitchell Reid suckling kolojanodjiki schranberg (fuller cutler)

MIDS: ablett fyfe cotchin Kennedy Duncan bontempelli aish blease ( Taylor gray)

RUCKS: Leunberger Pyke (currie apeness)

FORWARD: dangerfield   J AND K reiwoldts walker billings Rohan (Lennon Curran)

Ricochet

Quote from: carlton on February 07, 2014, 06:24:33 PM
Want your opinions mate on my team

BACKS: Mcveigh Mitchell Reid suckling kolojanodjiki schranberg (fuller cutler)

MIDS: ablett fyfe cotchin Kennedy Duncan bontempelli aish blease ( Taylor gray)

RUCKS: Leunberger Pyke (currie apeness)

FORWARD: dangerfield   J AND K reiwoldts walker billings Rohan (Lennon Curran)
DEF: Reid is a very interesting pick. At an 80ave he would need to average 95 to a) make you more than 100k and b) become a top 5 defender. Bucks has said he will be used fwd this year but he only averaged 78 from the 9 games he played fwd in 2013 so I wouldn't expect too much improvement from him. I'd definitely consider Grimes or Swallow around that price. I would also look to upgrade one of your rookies as most teams will only field 1 rookie each week in defence. The rookie pool is just too thin this year.

MIDS: Another couple of PODs here. Remember when picking guys that aren't top end premo's you want them making you 100-150k+ or jumping into the top end premo bracket. Ablett is already there and Cotchin has the ability to do so. Cotch is also underpriced and has a nice easy fixture. Fyfe could jump into that next bracket but I would prefer MMurphy, Rocky, DThomas or Watson for value. He could be a nice POD though. As could Kennedy. At 434k Duncan would have to average 100 to be a viable picks, which I think he can do. Nice pick. As for your rookies you need to consider JMartin, Sheed, Ellis, Dunstan, O'Rourke, Michie, Tyson as they are the standout picks so far this preseason.

RUCKS: I'm not sure Pyke can become a top end premo and you are missing out on the value of Sandi/HMac here. Leuey is a nice POD though. For you rookies consider Thurlow and Nankervis.

FWDS: Danger is a great top end pick and can't fault the NRoo pick based on his history. Again, for JRoo to be a viable pick at 458k he will need to lift his average from 85 to 103. Which looks like a big ask. Walker is going to struggle to be ready for round 1. Also for your F5 and F6 consider Higgins/Fasolo/Lamb/Rohan for value and rookies Garlett, Kersten, Kennedy-Harris, Lloyd.

Overall just a few too many POD's mate. There is a lot of value around this year with underpriced premo's and midpricers. I would look to strengthen that backline, capitalise on the value picks from the midfield and rucks, and strengthen the forward line also.

skn146

Gday Ricochet
I would appreciate if you cast your eye over my team quickly...
Thanks in advance and good luck for this season mate....

Backs- Grimes,Mitchell,Suckling,KKolodashi,Laidler,McDonald (Fuller-Cutler)

Mids- Ablett,Watson,Cotchin,murphy,Beams,Thomas,Martin,Michie, (C.Beams-Garlett)

Rucks- NNat,Sandilands (Thurlow-Nankervis)

Fwds- Dangerfield,Martin,Buddy,Pav,Caddy,Rohan (Bock-Impey)

$47,800 left.

carlton

what you think rico

BACKS: Mcveigh Mitchell Swallow suckling kolojanodjiki McDonald (fuller cutler)

MIDS: ablett DThomas cotchin Pendles Beams bontempelli aish  Salem ( C beams gray )

RUCKS: Leunberger sandi (thurlow nankervis)

FORWARD: dangerfield N.reiwoldt Boyd billings Rohan D Martin(Lennon Curran)

185 700k left
not sure on swallow boyd wanna get roughhead

thanks

mzunguman

BACK: Mitchell; Shaw; Hanley; Sucking; Kolodjashnij; McDonald; (Fuller; Battersby)

MID: Ablett jnr; Griffen; Watson; Fyfe; Beams; Martin; Michie; Ellis; (Dunstan; Honeychurch)

RUCK: Leuenberger; Sandilands; (Nankervis; Holmes)

FWD: Dangerfield; Martin; Franklin; Gray; Lennon; Taylor; (Garlett; Impey)

Let me know your thoughts. Obviously subject to change dependent on NAB cup, but give me a rough idea on how its shaping up :) Cheers