Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: felsty on February 04, 2014, 02:00:50 PM
Hey Rico! love what youre doing and your insights, its been great looking at the discussion

think you could rate mine?
Its a bit risky in places but its risks I'm willing to take

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Suckling, Kolodjashnij, McDonald (Laidler, Fuller)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Kennedy, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Polec (Ellis, Dunstan)
R: Grundy, Sandilands (Lobb, Nankervis)
F: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Fasolo, Rohan, Garlett (Markworth, Taylor)
$6.7k remaining

Way too many hawks in that backline mate. Go hodge to another premo.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2014, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 04, 2014, 01:30:26 PM
Defenders: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Kolodjasnij. M. Fuller)

Midfielders: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Steven, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Martin, J. Polec, A. Morabito, (J. O'Rouke, M.Crouch)

Rucks: M. Lobbe, B. Grundy ( F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, M. Clark, S. White, D. Garlett ( L. Taylor, M. Honeychurch)

Cash Leftover: $29,800

Let me know what you think man! The bye structure is 12/8/10 which isn't too bad. Because I see trades happening before round 8 anyway. Thanks
DEF: A very solid line with two top end premos, and a couple of value picks. Your rookies a fine also. Good defensive line.

MIDS: A nice POD in Steven. However I have voiced my concerns over this pick before but they do have a very easy start to the year. Keep an eye on him though, Saints will get worse before they get better. MMurphy and DBeams are great value. Morabito will struggle to line up round 1 and even if he does break into the team he will cop the vest quite often. I'd stay away from him. Consider Ellis, Sheed and Dunstan.

RUCKS: Not a fan of this line tbh mate. You can see my thoughts on Lobbe and Grundy in the OP here. I'd definitely look at ways to sure up this line. Your rookies are fine though.

FWDS: Great top end picks in Danger and Martin. Buddy is great value and will return to his best. Clark hasn't put a date on his return yet so look to Higgins/Fasolo/Rohan/Lamb here. I have concerns with starting 2 rookies at F5 and F6. Most will field a 200-250k proven midpricer at F5. Fielding two rookies just makes this line look a little weak.

Would that first team or;
Lobbe-->Nic Nat
Murphy-->Thomas
Morabito-->Dunstan
White-->Fasolo
Clark-->Lamb
Wondering if you think they would be better selections

Coxy10

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, M. Suckling, K. Kolodjashnij, L. McDonald (J. Laidler, M. Fuller)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, L. Taylor)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Lobbe (T. Nankervis, M. King)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Gunston, G. Rohan, D. Garlett (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)

Salary: $1,900
Byes: 9/11/10

Ricochet

Hey Rico! love what youre doing and your insights, its been great looking at the discussion

M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Kennedy, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Polec (Ellis, Dunstan)
$6.7k remaining

DEF: This line looks a little weak mate. You have some great top end pemos in McVeigh and Mitchell with a great value pick in Suckling and a semi risky premo in Hodge. Then it drops right away to two rookies. Most teams will only be fielding one rookie in defence this year to start with as the rookie pool is quite thin in terms of defenders. I would look to add in another premo to this line. I would also look to maybe go Hodge to Birchall. Birch is a proven premo and underpriced due to his injury last year.

MIDS: Strong line mate. Ablett and Pendles are all class with Rocky, Beams and Thomas all under priced proven premos. JPK is an interesting POD. If he can return to his past form it will be a genius pick but he handballs a bit too much for my liking. Would probably prefer Murphy here. Your rookies are strong also.

RUCKS: I have my concerns with Grundy. See the OP here. Sandi is great value though.

FWDS: Like this line a lot. A good mix of top end premos and some value picks. Also consider Higgins and Lamb for those last few field spots.

Overall pretty good mate but look to strengthen that backline and maybe upgrade Grundy. It will come at the expense of your midfield but there is good value in that group if you look into it.

Quote from: noto07 on February 04, 2014, 02:15:16 PM

$6.7k remaining

Way too many hawks in that backline mate. Go hodge to another premo.
I don't think thats too much of an issue. Its only 3 players from Round 9 which means one can be traded after round 8 to a premo coming off that bye. Fuller is also a R9 bye but he will most likely be upgraded/downgraded by then. In saying that I would prefer Birchall over Hodge in that backline.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 04, 2014, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 04, 2014, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 04, 2014, 01:30:26 PM
Defenders: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Kolodjasnij. M. Fuller)

Midfielders: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Steven, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Martin, J. Polec, A. Morabito, (J. O'Rouke, M.Crouch)

Rucks: M. Lobbe, B. Grundy ( F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, M. Clark, S. White, D. Garlett ( L. Taylor, M. Honeychurch)

Cash Leftover: $29,800

Let me know what you think man! The bye structure is 12/8/10 which isn't too bad. Because I see trades happening before round 8 anyway. Thanks
DEF: A very solid line with two top end premos, and a couple of value picks. Your rookies a fine also. Good defensive line.

MIDS: A nice POD in Steven. However I have voiced my concerns over this pick before but they do have a very easy start to the year. Keep an eye on him though, Saints will get worse before they get better. MMurphy and DBeams are great value. Morabito will struggle to line up round 1 and even if he does break into the team he will cop the vest quite often. I'd stay away from him. Consider Ellis, Sheed and Dunstan.

RUCKS: Not a fan of this line tbh mate. You can see my thoughts on Lobbe and Grundy in the OP here. I'd definitely look at ways to sure up this line. Your rookies are fine though.

FWDS: Great top end picks in Danger and Martin. Buddy is great value and will return to his best. Clark hasn't put a date on his return yet so look to Higgins/Fasolo/Rohan/Lamb here. I have concerns with starting 2 rookies at F5 and F6. Most will field a 200-250k proven midpricer at F5. Fielding two rookies just makes this line look a little weak.

Would that first team or;
Lobbe-->Nic Nat
Murphy-->Thomas
Morabito-->Dunstan
White-->Fasolo
Clark-->Lamb
Wondering if you think they would be better selections
Yep I like those trades a lot mate.

Ricochet

Quote from: Coxy10 on February 04, 2014, 03:05:16 PM
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, M. Suckling, K. Kolodjashnij, L. McDonald (J. Laidler, M. Fuller)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, L. Taylor)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Lobbe (T. Nankervis, M. King)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Gunston, G. Rohan, D. Garlett (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)

Salary: $1,900
Byes: 9/11/10

DEF: Not a fan of starting two rookies each week in defence this year mate. The rookie pool is quite thin as it is for this line and relying on 4 rookies to play each week is very very risky. You have a good mix of top end premos and value picks there but would like to see an upgrade on one of those rookies.

MIDS: Good line. Again a good mix of top end premos in Ablett and Pendles, with some proven under pricers in Cotchin, Beams and Thomas. Your rooks are very strong also. Also consider Ellis as Taylor has had an interrupted preseason.

RUCKS: Interesting combo with NicNat and Lobbe. Love the NicNat pick but have my concerns with Lobbe. See the Opening Post here.

FWDS: Very strong mate. I'm still not sure on what Gunston will do this year though.  At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. He won't go up too much in price.

Coxy10

Cheers for the advice mate, made some changes based on it, hows this look now?

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (M. Fuller, T. Cutler)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, M. Honeychurch)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, M. King)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Darling, G. Rohan, D. Garlett (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)

Salary: $2,100
Byes: 9/12/9

bottlemart

Hey Rico.

GAJ and Pendles locked for M1 and M2 

At M3 I can choose anyone, so looking at
Griffin, Jobe, or Cotch.

Got Beams Thomas, and Martin, so for the other mid spot im looking at
Ziebell or Nicky Dal.

Regs81

Hi Rico, could you please rate my team.. Much appreciated..

Backs:
Bartel, McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, suckling, fuller
(Battersby, Byrne-jones)

Mids:
Ablett, pendlebury, Watson, d beams, Thomas, Martin, dunstan, o'rourke
( honey-church, crouch)

Rucks:
Lobbe, hickey
(Nankervis, Thurlow)

Forwards:
Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, caddy, Clark, Taylor
(Garlett, impey)

Ricochet

Quote from: Coxy10 on February 04, 2014, 04:43:50 PM
Cheers for the advice mate, made some changes based on it, hows this look now?

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (M. Fuller, T. Cutler)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, M. Honeychurch)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, M. King)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Darling, G. Rohan, D. Garlett (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)

Salary: $2,100
Byes: 9/12/9
A lot more balanced mate. I really like this team

Ricochet

Quote from: bottlemart on February 04, 2014, 06:33:27 PM
Hey Rico.

GAJ and Pendles locked for M1 and M2 

At M3 I can choose anyone, so looking at
Griffin, Jobe, or Cotch.

Got Beams Thomas, and Martin, so for the other mid spot im looking at
Ziebell or Nicky Dal.
At M3 it would be between Jobe and Cotchin for me. Go with Cotchin mate. Still managed a 106 ave after battling with a knee injury all year and has a very very easy draw this year.

Zirbell would be my pick between those two but also consider MMurphy

Ricochet

Quote from: Regs81 on February 04, 2014, 06:33:37 PM
Hi Rico, could you please rate my team.. Much appreciated..

Backs:
Bartel, McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, suckling, fuller
(Battersby, Byrne-jones)

Mids:
Ablett, pendlebury, Watson, d beams, Thomas, Martin, dunstan, o'rourke
( honey-church, crouch)

Rucks:
Lobbe, hickey
(Nankervis, Thurlow)

Forwards:
Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, caddy, Clark, Taylor
(Garlett, impey)

DEF: A very strong backline mate with 4 premo's and the under priced Suckers. I have had concern over Bartel's downward trend in fantasy scoring and even though it continued in DT last year his SC improved. I still have some concerns but he has been a genuine premo for so many years so should be well worth the cash. I do like this line though if it doesn't affect the other lines by spending lots of cash here.

MIDS: Solid mate, with a couple of top end premos and some underpriced proven players. JMartin will be a star and you other rookeis are ok. Also consider Sheed and Ellis.

RUCKS: This is where the strong backline has affected. I'm not sold on Lobbe and have given my thoughts on him in the OP, if you click here. I'd also prefer Longer over Hickey but then Sandi/HMac over Longer. This line really needs to be looked at.

FWDS: Some good top end premos in Danger and Martin and Buddy is a steal at that price. Caddy is also a great pick being 100k underpriced already based on last year through the number of vests he copped. Clark still hasn't named a return date and is in serious doubt for round 1 so I would consider Higgins, Lamb, Fasolo, Rohan for this spot. Taylor has also had an injury interrupted preseaon so monitor him.

I'd definitely look to strengthen that ruckline mate. Possibly at the expense of downgrading a defensive top end premo to someone like Birchall or even Swallow.

Typhnn

Hey Rico,

Def - Geary/Hurn seems to be on fire, from all reports so i've chosen them atm...!!
Mid - No Ablett/Beams/Thomas & High priced rookies, trying to get more out of securing more prem's
Fwd - Dixon to help cover Rucks if they break down, and Chappy atm because he can dominate....

hoon1

Hi Richo would love to hear your thoughts on my team.

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Watts, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Orourke, Dunstan (Taylor, Garlett)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Nankervis, Thurlow)
For: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Fasolo, Rohan (JKH, Impey)

Remaining $2,900

Now I know that Wattsy is a sore point with some people but with more game time in the middle and paul roos to help shape him, plus excellent disposal and marking ability over other midfielders I am expecting watts to exceed the 86 average he had in 2012 and to break into the 90's. The other option was swallow but could not afford him however both are an upgrade on atley. I believe this will be jacks year!

What do you think of the team?

elephants

Hmac or Longer/Sandi combo too risky with limited trades?

Spending the extra 100-170k on Ryder as R1 worth it instead?