Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: vmac66 on January 31, 2014, 07:48:53 PM
Hey Rico , great reading with your replies , and tks
If you have some time left could you please have a look at mine . .
Have 24 k left
Mitchell , mcveigh , Hanley , suckling , atley , kk , .......McDonald , fuller
Ablett , pendles , beams , Watson , Thomas , Tyson , michie , x Ellis . .,. . C beams , dunstans
Lobbe , sandi . ... 2 x rookies
Danger , Martin , Franklin , Higgins ( bock , Clark ) , Rohan , Taylor . . . Gartlett , honey church

Thank you in advance of any advice .

DEF: Like your first four picks with top end premos and under priced picks. Atley is an interesting one. Although I think he will one day become fantasy relevant, at nearly 400k he would have to average 95 to only make you 100k and that would put him nearly inside the top 10 defenders. I don't think he's quite there yet. I'd much rather find a bit more cash and look at DSwallow or JGrimes.

MIDS: Very strong line mate. Great top end picks with some good value also. Watson, Thomas and Beams are all under priced. Tyson and Michie should get good opportunity at the Dees and both have shown signs of being good scorers. Your other rooks are fine also.

RUCKS: I'm not a fan of the Lobbe pick and have my reasons on the opening post here. Sandi is a great pick at that price.

FWDS: The forwards look a little weak to me. Maybe due to the midfield being so strong. Danger, Martin and Buddy are all proven premos and both Higgins and Rohan are great value. A lot of teams have being going with a 200k proven pick at F6 so I think this is why having one 250k pick at F4, one 200k pick at F5 and a rookie at F6 makes the fwd line look weak. Maybe look to downgrade Tyson/Michie/CBeams to a cheaper rookie or Pendles down to MMurphy or Rockliff. This should free up some cash

Ricochet

Quote from: 4820 on January 31, 2014, 08:34:44 PM
Hey Rico's,
What are your thoughts on Shane Savage as a mid price option.
thanks,
He's a great pick mate. I currently have him in my side.

This is why

Quote from: Ricochet on January 29, 2014, 04:25:03 PM
Also adding Savage to the watchlist.

- Priced at a 63ave but went 83 unsubbed
- That equals 100-110k underpriced.
- GWS and Melbourne to start the year also.
- Only concern is performing in a weaker side

Ricochet

Quote from: billnats on January 31, 2014, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2014, 07:40:39 PM
Quote from: billnats on January 31, 2014, 07:15:13 PM

Thomas & Duffield.
Or Rookie & McVeigh?
Definitely McVeigh and JMartin. Can you somehow keep Thomas though. He is great value at that price

Im still 10K short with the McVeigh & JMartin switch... recommend any minor downgrades elsewhere to find the cash?  Maybe even C.Beams & McVeigh?

Dont think I can keep Daisy unless I downgrade a premium. For example:
Ziebell > JMartin
Duffield > McVeigh
Lobbe > Goldstein

I have a couple of options that you could pick on from (or a couple) to save some cash
Clark to Fasolo/Rohan
Michie to Ellis
Ziebell to MUrphy
SJ to Rockliff/Watson/Cotchin

I would also look to upgrade Duffield. His role is too defensive now and gets to many lockdown roles. He will be very inconsistent

Big Mac

Hey Rico,

Just wondering if you think it's worth having 2 premium rucks if it's at the expense of a 4th premium forward (I have Fasolo at F4).

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2014, 05:05:33 PM
Hey Rico,

Just wondering if you think it's worth having 2 premium rucks if it's at the expense of a 4th premium forward (I have Fasolo at F4).
At this stage I'm not a massive fan of it mate. The value at R2 is definitely there this year with Sandi/Hmac/Longer, and Fasolo at F4 would leave your fwd line very weak at F5 and F6. But it would depend on which 2 premo rucks you were looking at and your forward line?

Vinny

Hey mate,

Thoughts on which combination for my team?

Buddy & Swallow or Pavlich & Hurn/McKenzie.

Ricochet

Quote from: vinny on February 03, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
Hey mate,

Thoughts on which combination for my team?

Buddy & Swallow or Pavlich & Hurn/McKenzie.
I can see Buddy getting back to his best at 110+ compared to Pav at around 100-105.
Mckenzie has had an interrupted preseason so I would stay away here.
I like both the Swallow and Hurn picks but have Hurn just over Swallow because he is more proven.

So go with Buddy and Swallow just mate. It's hard to predict what Swallow will do this year but he's primed for a breakout year and shouldn't be to far off Hurn.

Vinny

Fair enough yeah you are right, thanks man.

willsy13

Can you look at this mate? Rate it maybe?

Def: S.Mitchell, P.Hanley, K.Simpson, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald (M.Fuller, T.Cutler)
Mid: S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Thomas, D.Tyson, V.Michie, L.Dunstan (J.O'Rourke, M.Crouch)
Ruc: S.Mumford, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, T.Nankervis)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, L.Parker, T.Menzel, L.Taylor (S.Kersten, D.Garlett)
$6,900

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2014, 05:11:02 PM
Hey Rico,

At this stage I'm not a massive fan of it mate. The value at R2 is definitely there this year with Sandi/Hmac/Longer, and Fasolo at F4 would leave your fwd line very weak at F5 and F6. But it would depend on which 2 premo rucks you were looking at and your forward line?

I see what you mean, i'm just wary of picking players who won't be keepers (e.g. Sandilands), when there's next to no ruck coverage. I know my forward line is fairly weak but I was hoping I might be able to get by with 4 rookies. Anyway this is my team.

DEF: S. Thompson, P. Hanley, K. Simpson, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, L. Mcdonald (M. Fuller, J. Battersby)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Thomas, V. Michie, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, L. Taylor)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (D. Currie, T. Nankervis)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, A. Fasolo, S. Kersten, D. Garlett (J. Impey, M. Honeychurch)
Only $700 left - Cheers

Ricochet

Quote from: willsy13 on February 03, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Can you look at this mate? Rate it maybe?

Def: S.Mitchell, P.Hanley, K.Simpson, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald (M.Fuller, T.Cutler)
Mid: S.Pendlebury, J.Selwood, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, D.Thomas, D.Tyson, V.Michie, L.Dunstan (J.O'Rourke, M.Crouch)
Ruc: S.Mumford, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, T.Nankervis)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, L.Parker, T.Menzel, L.Taylor (S.Kersten, D.Garlett)
$6,900
Of course mate no worries

DEF: Good top end picks with a good under pricer in Suckling, and DSwallow is primed for a breakout year. I would also consider Birchall as he is great value also. Your rookies a fine for now.

MIDS: Keep an eye on Jelwood after missing a few weeks of training while in a moon boot after having surgery on his foot recently. They say he should be right for round 1 but he may start slow. Cotch, Beams and Thomas are all great value and your rookies are fine. I would seriously consider JMartin though. He is a freak

RUCKS: Love the unique pick in Mummy. And Sandi is great value.

FWDS: Good top end premo's and Parker is also primed for another little breakout. I do have concerns with starting Parker at his price though. I'll post my thoughts on him below. Not a fan of the Menzel pick when there are more established an proven players at that price. Consider Fasolo, Higgins, Rohan. Kersten and Taylor have had injury interrupted preseasons so keep an eye on them. Watch Broomhead and Loyd through NAB.

Quote from: Ricochet on January 31, 2014, 07:01:42 PM
Quote from: Bennny on January 30, 2014, 11:32:28 PM
What are your thoughts on Luke Parker? Can he lift to premium status... cheers
He'd probably need to lift to 100ave which is definitely possible. But I think we'll see the best of Parker in another year or two when he firmly establishes himself in that starting midfield. At an 87 average I don't think you miss out on much by not starting him and picking him up later if he does increase closer to the 100ave. The potential for premo status is there but the value for picking him straight up probably isn't.

Pkbaldy

Defenders: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Kolodjasnij. M. Fuller)

Midfielders: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Steven, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Martin, J. Polec, A. Morabito, (J. O'Rouke, M.Crouch)

Rucks: M. Lobbe, B. Grundy ( F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, M. Clark, S. White, D. Garlett ( L. Taylor, M. Honeychurch)

Cash Leftover: $29,800

Let me know what you think man! The bye structure is 12/8/10 which isn't too bad. Because I see trades happening before round 8 anyway. Thanks

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2014, 09:30:06 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2014, 05:11:02 PM
Hey Rico,

I see what you mean, i'm just wary of picking players who won't be keepers (e.g. Sandilands), when there's next to no ruck coverage. I know my forward line is fairly weak but I was hoping I might be able to get by with 4 rookies. Anyway this is my team.

DEF: S. Thompson, P. Hanley, K. Simpson, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, L. Mcdonald (M. Fuller, J. Battersby)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Thomas, V. Michie, D. Sheed, L. Dunstan (J. O'Rourke, L. Taylor)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (D. Currie, T. Nankervis)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, A. Fasolo, S. Kersten, D. Garlett (J. Impey, M. Honeychurch)
Only $700 left - Cheers
Yeh its a risk but we still have quite a few trades up our sleeve.

DEF: If Thompson was McVeigh/Mitchell then this would be one of my favourite defensive lines. I'm just a bit wary of picking guys the year after a breakout year. But you have a good mix of proven premos and value in under pricers.

MIDS: A good mix of top end premo's and value picks here. Rocky, Beams and Thomas are great value. Your rookies are fine for now but I would also strongly consider JMartin. Don't let the price tag scare you.

RUCK: Super strong with 2 set and forget premos.

FWDS: This is where the problem lies with 2 premo rucks. F1-F3 are fine and great picks but Fasolo at F4 and then 2 rookies at F5-F6 is just to risky mate. If you were able to field 2-3 of Higgins, Clark (although he is in doubt for round 1), Fasolo, Rohan, Lamb at F4,F5 and maybe even F6 then it would be ok as they have a lot higher JS than these rookies.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 04, 2014, 01:30:26 PM
Defenders: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (J. Kolodjasnij. M. Fuller)

Midfielders: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Steven, M. Murphy, D. Beams, J. Martin, J. Polec, A. Morabito, (J. O'Rouke, M.Crouch)

Rucks: M. Lobbe, B. Grundy ( F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, M. Clark, S. White, D. Garlett ( L. Taylor, M. Honeychurch)

Cash Leftover: $29,800

Let me know what you think man! The bye structure is 12/8/10 which isn't too bad. Because I see trades happening before round 8 anyway. Thanks
DEF: A very solid line with two top end premos, and a couple of value picks. Your rookies a fine also. Good defensive line.

MIDS: A nice POD in Steven. However I have voiced my concerns over this pick before but they do have a very easy start to the year. Keep an eye on him though, Saints will get worse before they get better. MMurphy and DBeams are great value. Morabito will struggle to line up round 1 and even if he does break into the team he will cop the vest quite often. I'd stay away from him. Consider Ellis, Sheed and Dunstan.

RUCKS: Not a fan of this line tbh mate. You can see my thoughts on Lobbe and Grundy in the OP here. I'd definitely look at ways to sure up this line. Your rookies are fine though.

FWDS: Great top end picks in Danger and Martin. Buddy is great value and will return to his best. Clark hasn't put a date on his return yet so look to Higgins/Fasolo/Rohan/Lamb here. I have concerns with starting 2 rookies at F5 and F6. Most will field a 200-250k proven midpricer at F5. Fielding two rookies just makes this line look a little weak.

felsty

Hey Rico! love what youre doing and your insights, its been great looking at the discussion

think you could rate mine?
Its a bit risky in places but its risks I'm willing to take

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Suckling, Kolodjashnij, McDonald (Laidler, Fuller)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Kennedy, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Polec (Ellis, Dunstan)
R: Grundy, Sandilands (Lobb, Nankervis)
F: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Fasolo, Rohan, Garlett (Markworth, Taylor)
$6.7k remaining