Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on March 13, 2014, 10:51:18 PM
Would love a bit of an analysis mate. Love your work. :)

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,88967.msg1310024.html#msg1310024
Hey ledge,

DEF Both LMac and Clurey on the field is pretty weak but quite a few teams will start doing this with all these defender rookies being named. My only concern is LMac is a good chance to cop vests and what happens to Clurey in a few weeks when Port get their missing defenders back. McVeigh, Mitchell and Simpson are great top end picks though and Suckers is a must at that price.

MIDS Can't fault this line mate. Good top end picks and rookies are perfect.

RUCKS Becoming a more common ruck combo now. Leuey is safe as houses and Sandi is great value.

FWDS Another good line. Danger, Roughead, Martin and Buddy are all strong picks. And both Higgins and Rohan are great value. Nothing wrong here. No Caddy though??

Nice team man. Can't really fault it except for fielding CLurey and LMac down back. But I think a few will start doing that now (I still won't be though)

Ricochet

Quote from: stonay on March 13, 2014, 11:28:37 PM
Hey RICO,  Thanks in advance for the advice!

TEAM NAME: Snipers
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, M. Suckling, J. Laidler L. McDonald (T. Clurey, A. Georgiou)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Thomas, V. Michie,  J. Polec, X. Ellis,  (L. Dunstan, T. Langdon)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, B. Brown)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Roughead, M. Pavlich, S. Higgins, G.Rohan (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $44,900

Hoping this team is a goodie, but expert advice is GOLD in the SC world :)
DEF A lot will start fielding 2 rookies in defence now. I'm still not sold on it with lots still having shaky JS but it is becoming more popular. The rest of your backline is fine with McVeigh, Mitchell and Simpson being great top and picks and Suckling being great value.

MIDS Really like this line mate. A good balance of top end picks and value in underpriced proven performers. Your rookies are fine also. Nice link with Langdon there too

RUCKS Such a popular combo now. Nothing wrong here at all

FWDS Danger, Martin and Roughead are great top end pick and Pavlich is an underpriced proven performer. He should destroy the Pies tonight. Higgins and Rohan are both great value also. Nice line

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon on March 13, 2014, 11:52:03 PM
Love ya work rico! Your a true champ!

quick analysis would be great!! (rookies also?)

cash: $27 400

Def: J McVeigh, S MItchell, K Simpson, M Suckiling, L McDonald, W Langford (T Clurey, T Langdon)
Mids: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, T Rockcliff, D Beams, D Tyson, V Michie, J Polec, X Ellis ( L Dunstan, M Crouch)
Rucks: M Leuenberger, A Sandilands (D Currie, F Thurlow)
Forwards: P Dangerfield, D Martin, J Roughhead, L Franklin, J Caddy, G Rohan (M McDonough, J Kennedy-Harris)

Thanks mate! Owe ya one
DEF A lot will start fielding 2 rookies in defence now. I'm still not sold on it with lots still having shaky JS but it is becoming more popular. The rest of your backline is fine with McVeigh, Mitchell and Simpson being great top and picks and Suckling being great value.

MIDS NIce and strong picks here. GAJ, Pendles, Rocky and Beams are all super premos. Concern with not having Daisy here but your rookies are quite strong

FWDS Danger, Martin and Roughead are great top end pick and Buddy is an underpriced proven performer. Caddy and Rohan are both great value also. Nice line

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on March 14, 2014, 11:23:18 AM

Def: J McVeigh, S MItchell, K Simpson, M Suckiling, L McDonald, W Langford (T Clurey, T Langdon)
Mids: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, T Rockcliff, D Beams, D Tyson, V Michie, J Polec, X Ellis ( L Dunstan, M Crouch)
Forwards: P Dangerfield, D Martin, J Roughhead, L Franklin, J Caddy, G Rohan (M McDonough, J Kennedy-Harris)

Thanks mate! Owe ya one

MIDS NIce and strong picks here. GAJ, Pendles, Rocky and Beams are all super premos. Concern with not having Daisy here but your rookies are quite strong

FWDS Danger, Martin and Roughead are great top end pick and Buddy is an underpriced proven performer. Caddy and Rohan are both great value also. Nice line
Sorry mate, on the rookies...
I'm worried Clurey will have shaky JS but Langford and Langdon should get games for a while. Nothing wrong with the rookies int he midfield at all. Currie and Thurlow are probably the best rookie rucks along with Nankervis. And both McDonough and JKH are some of the best fwd rookies along with Impey and McCarthy

Ricochet

Quote from: Maggie May on March 14, 2014, 12:06:09 AM
Hey Rico,  would love some feedback on this team:

Def: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, S. Hurn, M. Suckling, J. Webster, L. McDonald (W. Langford, T. Langdon)
Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, D. Tyson, J. Aish, V. Michie, J. Polec (L. Dunstan, H. Cunningham)
Ruc: B. McEvoy, A. Sandilands ( F. Thurlow, M. King)
Fwd: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, C. Wingard, T. Mitchell, S. Higgins, B. Kennedy (J. Kennedy-Harris, J. Impey)
Cash left: $60,500
Byes: 8/10/12
DEF Love your Hurn pick here. He is great value. McVeigh and Mitchell are great top end picks. Quite unique to see both Suckling and Webster picked in the same side. Risky, especially with LMac fielded as well but I hope it works for you.

MIDS Are solid all the way though. Some great top end picks and Beams is great value. Concern with not having Daisy though. And Aish would be a very big vest candidate at Brissie, as would Cunningham at Sydney. Consider upgrading Aish to Daisy here.

RUCKS McEvoy is a nice POD ruck. Not sure exactly how he will go at Hawks but he is proven. And Sandi is great value.

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks. I'm not sold on Wingard this year. You can see my thoughts on him in the opening post here. I also have my concerns with Mitchell that we will see him move back to that fwd role we saw at the end of last year, which greatly affected his scoring. Hggins and Bennedy are great value though

essendon

Thanks mate! Owe ya one

to get in daisy then rico, should i get rid of roughead or franklin and which rookie is the worst to get rid of? and also what forward should i pick up?

Is your team lying around somewhere?

Ricochet

Quote from: Dids01 on March 14, 2014, 10:29:30 AM
Hi Rico and all,
Would love some feedback on my team.  Have at it.  I'm going for a league win...

Defenders
McVeigh J, Mitchell S, Hanley P, McDonald L, Clurey T, Georgiou A (Webster J, Fuller M)

Midfield
Ablett G, Pendlebury S, Cotchin T, Murphy M, Beams D, Thomas D, Michie V, Polec J, (Ellis X, Dunstan L)

Rucks
Dixon C, Sandilands A (Thurlow F, King M)

Forwards
Dangefield P, Martin D, Franklin L, Pavlich M, Rohan G, Impey J (Kennedy-Harris J, Honeychurch M)

Cheers
DEF Very weak sorry mate. Mcveigh, Mitchell and Hanley are great picks but fielding 3 rookies is very risky (or two rookies with Jimmy Webster). I would definitely look to upgrade one to a premo or at very least to Suckling.

MIDS Very strong. Ablett, Pendles, Cotchin, Murphy, Beams are great premo picks and Daisy is an underpriced proven performers. Maybe this is where you can downgrade for cash. Look at Tyson maybe.

RUCKS Dixon is a risky R1. Maybe look to upgrade him. Sandi is great value though

FWDS Danger and Martin are great top end picks and both Pav and Buddy are great value. Maybe also consider Higgins in here as he is great value also.

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon on March 14, 2014, 11:36:57 AM

Thanks mate! Owe ya one

to get in daisy then rico, should i get rid of roughead or franklin and which rookie is the worst to get rid of? and also what forward should i pick up?

Is your team lying around somewhere?
Its a tough one because you will need to make about 100k from downgrading Roughie in order to get in Daisy. You could run with a fwd line of Danger, Martin, Buddy, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan though. It would be very similar to mine. This would free up enough cash to upgrade to Daisy. Would also mean you could upgrade Crouch and keep your stronger rookies.

I have a team thread but team has changed significantly over the last 2 weeks as you can imagine. Am keeping it under wraps now ;)

Ricochet

OK guys I'm gonna have to stop it here as I won't be around for much of today. I will have something similar open next week for questions after the weekend. Hope I've been some help :)

stonay

Quote from: Ricochet on March 14, 2014, 11:19:49 AM
Quote from: stonay on March 13, 2014, 11:28:37 PM
Hey RICO,  Thanks in advance for the advice!

TEAM NAME: Snipers
DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, M. Suckling, J. Laidler L. McDonald (T. Clurey, A. Georgiou)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Thomas, V. Michie,  J. Polec, X. Ellis,  (L. Dunstan, T. Langdon)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, A. Sandilands (F. Thurlow, B. Brown)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Roughead, M. Pavlich, S. Higgins, G.Rohan (J. Impey, J. Kennedy-Harris)
CASH LEFT: $44,900

Hoping this team is a goodie, but expert advice is GOLD in the SC world :)

MIDS Really like this line mate. A good balance of top end picks and value in underpriced proven performers. Your rookies are fine also. Nice link with Langdon there too

FWDS Danger, Martin and Roughead are great top end pick and Pavlich is an underpriced proven performer. He should destroy the Pies tonight. Higgins and Rohan are both great value also. Nice line
thanks for the advice mate!! ill be back next week after the aftermath of this weeks games thanks for your help really appreciate it and hope the risky backline gets me through! haha :)

Samsturmfels

Mcveigh, Mitchell, Swallow, Suckling, Mcdonald, B.Martin (Langford and Langdon)
Ablett, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, Thomas, Aish, Polec, Ellis (crouch and Dunstan)
Ryder and Sandilands (Derickx and Thurlow)
Dangerfield, Martin, Gunston, Tmich, Higgins and Rohan (Kenedy-Harris and Impey)
Where should I spend the remaining $209,500

James_Pies

Quote from: Ricochet on March 05, 2014, 12:12:30 PM
Quote from: James_Pies on March 01, 2014, 10:36:33 AM
Tips on how i can improve my team, i only have 2k left.

Be careful with Duffield mate. His role can be very defensive at times and will influence his scoring. Don't expect too much improvement. Shiels is my only other concern. If Langford is named round 1 then Shiels shouldn't have to tag and he will be a great pick. If Langford isn't named then be very careful. These are my only two concerns here mate. I would look to go Duffield to DSwallow. And consider these rookies

DEF Laidler, Langford, Georgiou
MIDS JMartin, Tyson, Ellis, Dunstan
RUCKS Thurlow, Nankervis
FWDS McCarthy, Blease, Kersten
I made some pretty dramatic panic changes before last nights game. Thoughts? i have no money btw...

Bit annoyed that Jack is out...Changed him to Cotchin.