Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

I'll be away for most of the weekend fellas so I'll get to these early next week

MTTY

Quote from: Ricochet on February 12, 2014, 10:55:30 AM
Quote from: MTTY on February 10, 2014, 02:32:01 PM
B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Goodes, Grimes, Suckling, L.McDonald
(K.Kolodjashnij, Fuller)

C: Pendlebury, Rockliff, Liberatore, Beams, Carrazzo, Thomas, Tyson, Michie
(Dunstan, O'Rourke)

R: Ryder, Sandilands
(Derickx, B.Brown)

F: Dangerfield, Franklin, T.Mitchell, Higgins, Bock, L.McCarthy
(Garlett, Impey)

Thanks Ric.
DEF: A good mix of top end premos and under priced proven players. Goodes is an interesting pick. If he can continue on from last year he'll be up there with the rest of the premo's but I think the risk of second year is a bit too much for me. Would prefer Simpson/Birchall for value. Rookies are fine at this stage

MIDS: Some great value here in Rocky, Beams, Carrots and Thomas. Not sure on Libba backing up from 2013. No doubt he will be a star but would prefer other proven under pricers like Cotchin or MMurphy. Rookies are fine but I recommend you strongly consider JMartin. The kid will be a star. Also consider Elis and Sheed.

RUCKS. A nice ruckline. Sandi is great value and Ryder will thrive as the solo ruck. Monitor Bellchambers' return date though as Ryder will need 6+ games with him out to be a viable pick.

FWDS: Be wary of TMitchell this year. His scoring dropped away heavily at the end of the year because he was shifted to a fwd role. With Bolton retiring and the strength of Sydney's midfield I would expect something similar. Danger and Buddy are great picks and both Higgins and Bock are severely under priced. Also consider Fasolo/Clark/Lamb/Rohan if fit.

Overall very decent mate with some nice PODs. Just be wary of the second year premo's like TMitch, Libba and Goodes. They will need to improve into the elite to be viable picks and there is quite a lot of value in under priced proven premos this year.

Cheers for this Ric, only just looked back at it so I do apologise.

Changed things up a fair bit since then.  :)

Bazza

Backs: P. Hanley, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, D, Swallow, M. Suckling, J. Laidler (L. Mcdonald, M. Fuller)
Mids: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, V. Michie, J. Polec (L. Dunstan, D. Wanganeen)
Rucks: H. Mcintosh, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, F. Thurlow)
Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, M. Pavlich, M. Wright, J. Caddy, S. Higgins (G. Rohan, J. Kennedy-Harris)

I have 44,700 left

What are your thoughts?
Any weak areas?

Ricochet

Quote from: Griffo1982 on February 26, 2014, 02:23:18 PM
Backs:
Walker - McVeigh - Mitchell - Suckling - Kolo - L.McDonald
Clurey - Langdon

Mids:
Ablett - Pendles - Beams - D.Thomas - Savage - Michie - Polec - Ellis
Dunstan - Beams

Ruck:
Ryder - Sandi
Nankervis - Thurlow

Fwd:
Danger - Martin - Franklin - Pavlich - Caddy - Rohan
JKH - Honeychurch

$130k in the bank which maybe used on swapping Higgins or Jack Martin in.
DEF: Not a fan of fielding two rookies in defence man. McDonald is fairly safe but still has a high risk of vests in a strong Kangaroos side and we've hardly seen Kolo. I'd definitely look to upgrade one here. The rest of your backs are all top end picks which is solid but it leaves little room for improvement. I'd consider underpriced premos like Simpson, Hanley or Hurn for one of these spots to free up some cash.

MIDS are very solid mate. I have no problems here. Beams, Thomas and Savage are great value and your rookies are fine. Also consider Tyson and Jmartin.

RUCKS Ryder is a nice POD but remember Bellchambers will probably only miss the first 3-4 games. If he was out a little longer I would have been all over Ryder also. Sandi is great value.

FWDS Have no issues here either mate. Some good top end premos and some good underpriced proven players. Also consider McCarthy and Kersten as in your rookies.

Ricochet

Quote from: brad on February 26, 2014, 02:29:45 PM
haha how quick was that. cheers mate  8)

Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, D.Swallow, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Georgiou)

Ablett, Pendlebury, M.Murphy, D.Beams, D.Thomas, C.Beams, Michie, Polec  (Dunstan, O'Rourke)

Lobbe, Sandilands  (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Caddy, Lamb, Fasolo  (Rohan, Markworth)

this was my team before I toyed with the idea of adding the premo def.

obviously a lot stronger down back, but have to go with Lobbe in ruck and Caddy up fwd. want Ellis in my mids but only have $18k left, and the only mid I'd consider losing is O'Rourke, but don't have enough cash to go O'Rourke -> Ellis

can I be a pain in the ass and get ya thoughts on the team above aswell?

thanks again mate
Hey mate that backline looks heaps better. Maybe consider Blease and McCarthy in your fwd line to free up some cash?

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on March 05, 2014, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: brad on February 26, 2014, 02:29:45 PM
haha how quick was that. cheers mate  8)

Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, D.Swallow, Suckling, McDonald (Clurey, Georgiou)

Ablett, Pendlebury, M.Murphy, D.Beams, D.Thomas, C.Beams, Michie, Polec  (Dunstan, O'Rourke)

Lobbe, Sandilands  (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Caddy, Lamb, Fasolo  (Rohan, Markworth)

this was my team before I toyed with the idea of adding the premo def.

obviously a lot stronger down back, but have to go with Lobbe in ruck and Caddy up fwd. want Ellis in my mids but only have $18k left, and the only mid I'd consider losing is O'Rourke, but don't have enough cash to go O'Rourke -> Ellis

can I be a pain in the ass and get ya thoughts on the team above aswell?

thanks again mate
Hey mate that backline looks heaps better. Maybe consider Blease and McCarthy in your fwd line to free up some cash?
Only thing I will add brad is I'm not a huuuuge fan of the Lobbe pick. My thoughts on him are in the Opening Post here

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 26, 2014, 02:30:17 PM
I'll just quote from my RMSC thread, made a number of changes since my first post from a while back now

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 26, 2014, 02:27:50 PM
Liking the look of this team, although still unsold on Buddy. First time he has been in my team all year, but someone like Gunston will suit my bye structure a bit more. However, Buddy is less of a risk as most people will be starting him I would imagine.

I have 6.9k left to spend, so not a lot.

DEF Very solid backline mate. Some great top end picks and some value there also. Only concern I have with Thompson is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there.

MIDS are strong also. No Thomas or Murphy though? There's a couple of huge value picks there that your missing out on. Your rookies are solid but maybe consider Tyson over CBeams just for less sub risk.

RUCKS Strong line. Like the Luey POD and Sandi is great value.

FWD Starts off very strong. Love the Pav pick also. Just the end thats concerning as most teams will have Rohan at F6 and a 250k-ish player at F5. Also consider Blease and McCarthy for your rookies.

Overall pretty strong man. Just a couple of concerns with Thompson (which is minor) and the strength of your fwd line at F5 and F6.

Ricochet

Quote from: brudski on February 26, 2014, 09:53:58 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 26, 2014, 11:09:40 AM
Quote from: brudski on February 24, 2014, 07:36:39 PM
Hey Rico can you please give me some advice on my team,

currently

Backs: J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, S.Hurn, S.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (W.Langford, M.Fuller)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, D.Sheed, X.Ellis, V.Michie, L.Dunstan (M.Honeychurch, C.Beams)

Ruck: N.Naitanui, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, J.Billings, J.Kennedy Harris (L.Taylor,D.Garlett)

Money: $17.500

I feel my mids are weak but i got no idea how to generate the cash to fix it. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated
DEF Good top end picks in McVeigh and Mitchell along with some underpriced proven performers in Hurn and Suckling. Now that Hibberd has gone down with a Hammy you'll have to find a replacement. Strongly look at Birchall.

MIDS Nothing wrong with field 4 rookies in the mids because that is where the value is this year. But strongly consider Polec and Tyson in there also. Watson and Beams are both underpriced and both GaJ and Pendles are superstars.

RUCKS The best combo imo

FWDS Love the Pav pick here and Buddy is underpriced also. Probably need to take advantage of the underpricers in Lamb, Higgins, Fasolo, Blease and Rohan though. Garlett is currently behind Hartung at the Hawks and Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason.

Cheers for the advice i made a few changes my team looks like this now

Backs: J.Mcveigh, S.Mitchell, D.Swallow, S.Hurn, S.Suckling, L.Mcdonald (A.Georgiou, T.Cutler)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, J.Polec, X.Ellis, D.Thomas, V.Michie (M.Honeychurch,L.Dunstan)

Ruck: Leuenberger, A.Sandilands (A.Smith (needed to free up 10k), F.Thurlow)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich,S.Blease , J.Kennedy Harris (J.Impey, S.Kerstern)
I like this team a lot more mate. Only a minor concern would be the strength through F5 and F6. Most teams will have someone like a Rohan at F6. Maybe someone like Pendlebury to Rocky or look at Cotchin in your mids to free up cash.

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on February 27, 2014, 06:56:17 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 26, 2014, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: Vinny on February 26, 2014, 09:58:31 AM
Hey Ric,

Robbie Gray or Josh Caddy?

Thanks man.
Caddy mate.

Gray is priced at 442k but taking out his subbed games he should be about 490k = 48k difference
Caddy is priced at 325k but unsubbed should be about 405k = 80k difference

Then we look at how much each can improve. And I can see Gray pushing 95-100 which would only give you another 30-50k. But Caddy I can see easily going 85+ which would add another 55-60k on top of the 80k he is already underpriced.

Then there is the fact Christensen and Motlop are out of that midfield giving Caddy more time in there.

Go with Caddy mate
Thanks man, I'll watch Caddy tonight and see too. :)
Wasn't bad was he ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: felsty on February 27, 2014, 08:54:35 AM
Hey Rico, where do you think I should splash the cash if I'm going for overall?

D: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Enright, Suckling, McDonald (Tippett, Langford)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Thomas, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Crouch)
R: Natanui, Sandilands (Derickx, Currie)
F: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, Kennedy-Harris (Kersten, McDonough)
$176k remaining
I'd look at your F6 mate. Some great value in Higgins, Lamb, Blease, etc. I see you've gone for more of a rookie approach in your mids which I really really like but haven't seen in many teams.

Ricochet

Quote from: Crate on February 27, 2014, 12:50:51 PM
Rico could you please cast your learned eye over my team?

Not sure on rucks, I don't like Nic Nat for a premium he is just too inconsistent IMO who is your next pick? Sandi is a lock especially after that performance last night.

I have $58k left..

Some huge PODs in this team mate.

DEF: Shaw is a nice POD. It will be interesting to see how he goes at GWS. It's probably a bit risky starting with him because he could go either way and looked quite defensive in their NAB games. But he is a proven premo. I'm not sold on Reid. At his price he will need to average 100 to make you 100k and become a top end defender. I can't see that happening, especially with the Pies early draw which is quite difficult. Swallow is primed for a breakout year and Suckers is great value. Shaw is another I'm not sure on considering he has only averaged over 73 once since 2009. I would consider Sam Shaw here for 50k less and the same scoring potential.

MIDS Are very very strong with only fielding the one rookie in Polec. I would seriously reconsider this strategy as there is great value in Michie, Tyson, Ellis, Sheed, CBeams, etc. Adams would be the first one I would downgrade and then look to move Caddy in the fwd line. I like that there is a dpp link but the value in the rookies in the mids this year is too great to pass up.

RUCKS McEvoy is a great POD and Sand is great value. Nice line here

FWDS Quite strong with DMartin, Buddy, and Pav being a great start. I'm not sure on White. He'd need to push his average to 85-90+ to be a viable starter and as mentioned before, Pies have a very tough start. Maybe look at Caddy to replace him in the fwd line here. Higgins and Lamb are great value. Also consider McCarthy and Blease for your rooks.

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on February 27, 2014, 08:22:15 PM
Hey man, one more question haha.

I've got Mitchell and Simpson, looking for a D3 and got enough cash to get anyone. Already got Hurn and Suckers too.

Who would you get and why?

Thanks, appreciate it.
Consider Birchall mate. Only concern is the byes but you can work that out later. He is underpriced by a fair bit and a gun. Suckers coming back into the team will only help him too. I also like Hanley.

Ricochet

Quote from: diamw90 on February 27, 2014, 10:44:02 PM
Hi rico just wondering if you can analyse my team...

Back: Mcveigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Sucking, R. Shaw, Mcdonald (Langdon, Georgiou)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Beams, Thomas, Kelly, Polec, Ellis (Cunningham, Dusntan)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Sandilands (King, Thurlow)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Gunston, Rohan, JKH (Taylor, Kersten)

Bank: $113,800
DEF Some nice top end picks here mate and some nice value in Grimes and Suckers. Shaw is one I'm not to keen on considering he has only averaged over 73 once since 2009. I would consider Sam Shaw here for 50k less and the same scoring potential.

MIDS Very solid in your top end picks and underpriced proven performers. For you rookies also consider Jmartin, Michie, Tyson, Sheed.

RUCKS Leuey is a nice POD and Sandi is great value. NIce line here

FWDS Dander, Martin and Buddy are all solid picks. Not 100% on Gunston just yet, I'm not sure how much he will improve. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. Most teams will have Rohan at F6. I'd look to take advantage of the value in Higgins, Lamb, Blease here and also consider McCarthy in your rookies.

Ricochet

Quote from: The Pelican on February 28, 2014, 06:27:25 PM
Defenders: Mitchell, Thompson, Hanley, Grimes, Suckling, McDonald (Langford, Langdon)
Midfielders: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Ellis, Crouch (Taylor, Honeychurch)
Rucks: Hickey, Sandilands (Brown, King)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Cloke, Hawkins, Rohan (Kennedy-Harris, Impey)

$4,300 left
DEF  Only concern I have with Thompson is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there. The rest of your backline is solid with some nice value there.

MIDS A good mix of top end picks and underpriced proven scorers. For you rooks also consider JMartin, Michie, Tyson, Sheed and Dunstan.

RUCKS: Quite a risky ruckline mate. I agree that Hickey is pretty good value but he isn't a strong enough pick for R1. I'd definitely look to upgrade him. Sandi is great value though.

FWDS Very very strong. All are great picks but there is so much value in the fwd line this year. I'd definitely look to take advantage of Pavlich, Caddy, Higgins, Lamb, Rohan, Blease, etc.

Ricochet

Quote from: carlton on February 28, 2014, 07:19:39 PM
DEF: Hanley  Mitchell  Hurn Swallow Suckling McDonald (Cutler Fuller)

MIDS: Ablett  Pendles  Watson  Beams  Thomas  Polec Dunstan  Ellis (M Crouch wanganeen)

RUCKS: leuenberger  Sandi  (Thurlow derickx)

FORWARDS:  Danger  Martin  Franklin  Gunston  rohan Kennedy-Hariis  (Honeychurch Garlett)

DEF A nice backline mate. Like all your picks here. Hanley, Swallow, Hurn and Suckers are great value and Mitchell is a great top end pick. For your rookies consider Langford and Langdon.

MIDS Again a good mix with some underpriced proven performers. Watson, Beams and Thomas are all underpriced and great value. For your rookies consider JMartin, Michie, Tyson, Sheed.

RUCKS A nice POD in Leuey. Although starting to see him in a few teams now. And Sandi is great value

FWDS: Danger, Martin and Buddy are all great picks. Not 100% on Gunston just yet, I'm not sure how much he will improve. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. Most teams will have Rohan at F6. I'd look to take advantage of the value in Higgins, Lamb, Blease here and also consider McCarthy in your rookies instead of Garlett.