Rico's Advice Thread

Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woppa15

Thanks for the thread Richo.
Appreciate any insight you may have in my side, hopefully its a bit different to some of the others you've seen  ;D

Ricochet

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on February 19, 2014, 03:34:22 PM
Hey mate, here's my team at the moment, just wanted your thoughts.

Hey mate lets have a look.

DEF:  I don't like fielding two rookies in defence this year. Most teams will only field one at D6 as the pool for rookie defenders is very thin this year. I recommend upgrading one to Suckling. Jimmy will play mostly fwd this year which will further hurt his SC scoring as he won't be able to slut it up across half back as much. At his price I would stay away and consider some underpriced premos like Simpson/Birchall or others like Hibberd/Hanley. McVeigh and Mitchell are great top end picks and Swallow is primed for a breakout year.

MIDS: Keep an eye on Selwood as he's had minor foot surgery and is coming back from that. He may start slow after missing quite a few weeks. At Ziebells price he will need to average 113+ to a) make you more than 100k and b) be a top end premo pick. I just don't see that happening so don't see him as a viable starting option. Better off not starting him and monitoring him, you won't lose out on too much if he does break out further. There are better value picks in the mids this year like Cotchin, Watson, MMurphy and Thomas who are all underpriced. Your rookies are fine at this stage but strongly consider JMartin, Sheed and Michie.

RUCKS: My favourite combo atm. Nothing wrong here

FWDS: Danger and DMartin are great top end picks but I'm not a fan of picking Wingard to start with. You can see my thoughts on him in the Opening Post here.  I'm not a huge fan of the Gunston pick either. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. As for the rookies Garlett is currently behind Hartung at the Hawks at this stage and Taylor is coming off an injury interrupted preseason. I'd consider Kersten, McCarthy, Blease, Rohan, Lamb, Higgins, Fasolo for these last F5 and F6 spots

hoon1

Hi Richo would love to hear your thoughts on my team.

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hurn, Watts, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Liberatore, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Michie, Ellis (Taylor, Crouch)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
For: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, JKH (Garlett, Impey)

Remaining $4,900

Ricochet

Quote from: maygs on February 19, 2014, 04:37:40 PM
Hi Rico.  When you get a chance I would appreciate some feedback on my team.

BACKS:
Mitchell (MID), Thompson, Hanley(MID), Suckling, A. Toovey, KK   (McDonald(MID), J. Taylor)

MIDS:
Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Rich, Thomas, Martin, Aish, Polec   (Langdon (Def), Garlett(FWD))

RUCKS:
Leuenberger, Sandilands  (C. Wood, Nankervis)

FWDS:
Dangerfield, Roughhead, Franklin, Zorko(MID), Hogan, L. Taylor  (Kennedy-Harris, Honeychurch(MID))

$10,600 left.

Backs - not convinced re Toovey, but seems most reliable I can find for around the $300k mark

Mids - pretty happy with the balance.  Whilst I take on board the likelihood of Rich being tagged (who of his quality is not likely to be tagged?), I am expecting him to take on a more running roll with Black moving on (suspect that Rocky will take on the ball getting and direction changing role with Rich, Redden and Green running through the middle - we'll see.)  Langdon played a good NAB, but I realise that he has to push either Harry O or Maxwell out to get regular games -= again we'll see.

Rucks - back to my original crew

Fwds - I'm still torn with Franklin/Tippett and Roughhead/Gunstan.

Any comments will be welcomed.  Thanks

DEF: I like your mix of top end picks and value picks with Mitchell, Hanley and Suckers. Thompson is another top 10 pick. Only concern I have with him is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there. At Toovey's price he will need to average 75 to make you only 100k. Considering he has never averaged more that 69, I would stay away. I'd look to make cash for Swallow or even further to Hurn.

MIDS: Rich is a very interesting POD. Haven't seen much of him in many teams at all. Again, at his price he will need to average 105 to make you only 100k which I think is a little bit beyond him at this stage. I'd much rather see a MMurphy, Cotchin, Watson, or Rocky in there. For your rookies consider Ellis, Sheed, Michie, Dunstan, Crouch over Aish, Langdon and Garlett.

RUCKS: Leuy should be a nice POD for you again and Sandi is great value. Not much wrong here at all.

FWDS: Danger, Roughead and Buddy are all solid picks. I'm not a fan of Zorko at all atm. You can see my thoughts on him in the Opening Post here. As for your rookies look at Kersten, McCarthy, Blease, Rohan, Lamb, Higgins, Fasolo for these last F5 and F6 spots.

Ricochet

Quote from: Woppa15 on February 19, 2014, 09:45:33 PM
Thanks for the thread Richo.
Appreciate any insight you may have in my side, hopefully its a bit different to some of the others you've seen  ;D

Hey mate, quite different actually!

DEF: Cannot fault this at all mate. Its a very very strong line. I like it a lot. Just keep an eye on Laidler through the rest of NAB

MIDS: A couple of decent PODS. You will really need Ziebell and Fyfe to jump to a 114+ average to make them viable picks. Otherwise there is better value in Cotchin, Watson, Rocky and MMurphy. If you can see them making that jump then stick with them. For your rookies also consider JMartin, Sheed and Crouch.

RUCKS: The perfect combo imo.

FWDS: Danger and DMartin are great picks. Dixon will give you good cover for your rucks but I am very sceptical on his scoring ability for this year. With a fit Nicholls and Smith we won't see him in the ruck as much this year which will severely hamper his scoring. Keep and eye on Hawkins. If he still looks pain free coming into round 1 then he is a great pick. FOr F5 and F6 consider these guys for value; Hggins, Lamb, Fasolo, Rohan, Blease, Kersten, McCarthy and even Bock if he is named round 1

Ricochet

Quote from: hoon1 on February 20, 2014, 02:49:59 PM
Hi Richo would love to hear your thoughts on my team.

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hurn, Watts, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Liberatore, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Michie, Ellis (Taylor, Crouch)
Ruck: Leuenberger, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
For: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, JKH (Garlett, Impey)

Remaining $4,900
DEF: Love the Hurn pick. He is underpriced from his vest last year and should get more time up the ground this year. Also WCE have a great fixture. McVeigh and Mitchell are good top end picks. Suckers is all value as well. Watts is an interesting one. While I think he can improve I con't think he can improve enough to warrant starting with him. At 411k he will need to improve his average to 95 (from 76) to make you 100k and become a top end pick. I'm just not sure I can see that happening.

MIDS: Can't fault them really. Good mix of top end picks and value under pricers. Libba is a nice POD. Rookies are fine except Taylor who has had an injury interrupted preseason. Also consider Dunstan, Hallahan, Sheed.

RUCKS Leuy should be a nice POD for you again and Sandi is great value. Not much wrong here at all.

FWD: A very nice line here. Danger and Martin are great top end picks and both Buddy and Pav are underpriced superstars. Great value there. Rohan is also value. Rookies are fine at this stage but also consider Kersten, McCarthy and Blease.

DC13

Hey Rico, thought I might get your opinion, greatly appreciated mate! It may look weak in the mids but that is where most of my money generation will be coming from as you can see as I want the best possible rookies in my side. Along with this I am using west coasts weak early draw to my advantage with hurn, ellis, nic nat and kennedy especially. With bulldogs, stkilda and Melbourne in the first 3 games, I see a big start for JJK, thoughts? cheers mates.

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, S. Hurn, J. Grimes, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T. Clurey, M. Fuller)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Tyson, C. Beams, X. Ellis (V. Michie, L. Dunstan)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, F. Thurlow)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Kennedy, T. Varcoe, G. Rohan (D. Markworth, J. Kennedy-Harris)

CASH: $2,000
BYES: 8/8/14

hoon1

would it be a good move to go:
leuy to nic nat
libba to josh kennedy
taylor to dunstan

???

Ricochet

Quote from: DC13 on February 20, 2014, 03:24:21 PM
Hey Rico, thought I might get your opinion, greatly appreciated mate! It may look weak in the mids but that is where most of my money generation will be coming from as you can see as I want the best possible rookies in my side. Along with this I am using west coasts weak early draw to my advantage with hurn, ellis, nic nat and kennedy especially. With bulldogs, stkilda and Melbourne in the first 3 games, I see a big start for JJK, thoughts? cheers mates.

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, S. Hurn, J. Grimes, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T. Clurey, M. Fuller)
MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, D. Tyson, C. Beams, X. Ellis (V. Michie, L. Dunstan)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (T. Nankervis, F. Thurlow)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Franklin, J. Kennedy, T. Varcoe, G. Rohan (D. Markworth, J. Kennedy-Harris)

CASH: $2,000
BYES: 8/8/14
Hey mate yeh I completely agree with both your cash generating focus in the mids and the use of WCE picks for their draw. I have done something similar. lets have a look
DEF: Strong with a lot of value here. Love the Hurn pick and both Grimes and Suckers are under priced. This is a good mix here.
MIDS: Lots of value with your rookies, and they're probably the best mid rookies at this stage. Ablett and Pendles are great top end picks while both Beams and DThomas are under priced. You'll lose out early on a few points but you'll be able to upgrade quicker than everyone else.
RUCKS: The best combo imo.
FWDS: JJK is a good pick for his early draw. I would also consider Darling. Not sure on Varcoe though. At that price I would prefer Caddy or even down to Higgins/Fasolo/Lamb/etc. Although with Christensen, Motlop and co missing, Varcoe may get extended time in the mids. I'm not 100% on this pick but it could pay off.

Ricochet

Quote from: hoon1 on February 20, 2014, 03:27:38 PM
would it be a good move to go:
leuy to nic nat
libba to josh kennedy
taylor to dunstan

???
I like Leuey to NicNat and Taylor to Dunstan but not sure on JPK mate.
At that price I'd prefer Cotchin

hoon1

Hi Richo,
I've had a tinker and am curious to hear what you think of this team.

Def: Mitchell, Hibberd, Hurn, Guthrie, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Michie, Ellis (Dunstan, Crouch)
Ruck: Naitanui, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
For: Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Higgins, Kersten (Garlett, JKH)

Remaining $200

I think Guthrie will explode this year in the absence of Hunt and Corey, or at least that is what my team hinges on

Fitzys Fury

Hey Guys
Appreciate any advise I can get. 2nd year playing, keen to try and get somewhere this year.

DEF: J McVeigh, S Mitchell, S Thompson, D Swallow, M Suckling, L McDonald (J Kelly, M Fuller)
MID: S Pendlebury, T Cotchin, M Murphy, D Beams, D Thomas, J Martin, X Ellis, L Dunstan (J O'Rouke, M Crouch)
RUC: M Leuenberger, A Sandilands (M Apeness, T Nankervis)
FWD: P Dangerfield, D Martin, L Fraklin, M Pavolich, A Fasolo, D Garlett (L Taylor, J Harris-Kennedy)

$86,000 LEFT

Ricochet

Quote from: hoon1 on February 24, 2014, 02:12:24 PM
Hi Richo,
I've had a tinker and am curious to hear what you think of this team.

Def: Mitchell, Hibberd, Hurn, Guthrie, Suckling, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Beams, Thomas, Polec, Michie, Ellis (Dunstan, Crouch)
Ruck: Naitanui, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
For: Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, Higgins, Kersten (Garlett, JKH)

Remaining $200

I think Guthrie will explode this year in the absence of Hunt and Corey, or at least that is what my team hinges on
Hey mate so by the looks of it the changes were
Watts to Guthrie - They're probably just as risky as each other but with Guthrie being a lot cheaper. I'm really not sure how much Guthrie will improve but having both Motlop and Christensen out will only help.
McVeigh to Hibberd - I don't mind this as I can't see McVeigh improving where as I can see HIbberd doing so. McVeigh should be an early upgrade targer.
Libba to Jack - Really like this
Martin to Polec - 50/50 on this one. I feel Martin will show us what he really has when GC have a full strength side around him. Polec is cheap enough to be low risk though
Taylor to Dunstan - Good swap
Leuey to NicNat - Another good swap
Pav to Wingard - Don't like this one. I'm not a fan of Wingard as a starter this year. My thoughts on him are  in the Opening Post here.
Rohan to Higgins - Both are good picks.
Impey to Kersten - Yep good swap

Ricochet

Quote from: Fitzys Fury on February 24, 2014, 03:04:52 PM
Hey Guys
Appreciate any advise I can get. 2nd year playing, keen to try and get somewhere this year.

DEF: J McVeigh, S Mitchell, S Thompson, D Swallow, M Suckling, L McDonald (J Kelly, M Fuller)
MID: S Pendlebury, T Cotchin, M Murphy, D Beams, D Thomas, J Martin, X Ellis, L Dunstan (J O'Rouke, M Crouch)
RUC: M Leuenberger, A Sandilands (M Apeness, T Nankervis)
FWD: P Dangerfield, D Martin, L Fraklin, M Pavolich, A Fasolo, D Garlett (L Taylor, J Harris-Kennedy)

$86,000 LEFT
DEF Some good top end premos in McVeigh and Mitchell. Only concern I have with Thompson is picking a player after his first big breakout year. He has averaged 80s before but never this close to 100. Still he is a solid pick based on last years performance, just be careful there. Swallow is primed for a breakout and Suckling is underpriced.

MID: Plenty of underpriced premos here which i love. Cotchin, MMurphy, Beams and Thomas are all ripper picks. Your rookies are fine at this stage.

RUCKS: Leuy should be a nice POD for you again and Sandi is great value. Not much wrong here. Consider Thurlow as a rookie though

FWDS: A good mix of top end premos and underpriced premos here. Also consider Higgins, Lamb, Rohan, Bock through F5 and F6. ALso on your rookies, Garlett is behind Hartung at the Hawks at this stage and Taylor has had an injury interrupted preseason. Consider Kersten and Honeychurch.

Jackross10

If you have some time? Thanks

DEF: S. Mitchell, K. Simpson, S. Hurn, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, W. Langford (M. Fuller, T. Langdon)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood or someone else?, D. Beams, D. Thomas, V. Michie, X. Ellis, L. Dunstan (M. Hallahan, M. Crouch)
RUC: N. Naitanui, A. Sandilands (D. Currie, M. King)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, J. Roughhead, L Franklin, M. Pavlich, S. Kersten (D. Markworth, J. Kennedy-Harris)

11/10/9