Started by Ricochet, January 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Vinny on February 10, 2014, 05:55:47 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 10, 2014, 05:48:10 PM
Quote from: Vinny on February 10, 2014, 05:41:09 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 10, 2014, 05:00:35 PM
Quote from: Vinny on February 07, 2014, 08:12:41 PM
Mind if I PM you my team for a rating Ric?  :)

What are you hiding??????
Haha I can show you if you want ;)

Haha its ok :P Unless you really want to ;)
Only if you want to see it, haha. Dammit Ele make flowering your mind :P

Make flowering my mind? Haha ok :P

Vinny

sprarepart

Ric,
Here is my team:

DEF
McVeigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Cutler, Fuller
MID
Ablett, Rockliff, Fyfe, Cotchin, Thomas, Martin, Michie, Dunstan, Sheed, Taylor
RUCK
Naitanui, Sandilands, Thurlow, Nankervis,
FWD
Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, Garlett, Impey, Honeychurch

Interested in comments. Rookies obviously changeable closer to season. Big dockers fan so Pav, Fyfe and Sandi a must. I think Fyfe in particular can bring his game to a new level if he improves his disposal, he's so young. I feel with this team I only need to feild 5 rookies in the opening round.

Jmarshall9

Backs:  J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, M. Hibberd, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T.Cutler, M. Fuller)
Mids: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, V. Michie (L. Dunstan, D. Garlett)
Rucks: M. Lobbe, A. Sandilans (F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis)
Fwds: P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, A. Fasolo, G. Rohan, J. Impey (M. Honeychurch, J. Kennedy-Harris)

I think my Forward needs some work on it for my team to be complete. Let me know what you think of the team! Cheers! :)

hawkers65

Haven't had my team rated for some time and thought i'd get some of your advice, here it is:

Hoping i could get 14 keepers out of this team but likely at least one of them will fail. Mitchell, Simpson, Hurn, Swallow, Ablett, Rocky, Cotchin, Murph, Beams, Nic Nat, Danger, Franklin, Gunston and Pav, will all hopefully become keepers, with Thomas/Suckling being handy bench cover (might aim for Thomas > Pendles for Round 9 though) Also have 50k+ left in the bank to adjust any slight chances. Would love some thoughts :)

Much appreciated,

Cheers Hawkers!

Ricochet

Quote from: tor01doc on February 10, 2014, 01:55:15 PM
Hey Rick O'Shea

For the record, which of these risky types will be worth getting?

Suckling
Waters
D Swallow
H Shaw
Grimes
Duffield
Watts

JPK
Jack
Fyfe
Cotchin
Murphy

Sandi
HMac
Grundy
NicNait
Ryder

Buddy
Pav
Higgins
Fasolo
Wingard

Thanks
Hey mate, ok here are my thoughts

Suckling Very Low Risk - At 312k he is massively under priced and will generate decent cash even if he doesn't bounce back to his best. Also everyone will have him so the risk is minimal.
Waters WCE are set to decide whether Beau will need surgery over the next few days. I'd stay away for now unless he plays and gets through the NAB games
D Swallow Primed for a breakout year. The only thing is he will need to average 95+ to make you more than 100k and be a viable pick. I think he will have a better year but not sure he can push 95-100.
H Shaw You won't lose out on much by not starting Shaw. He's coming off a 97 average so even if he does go back to 100+ you won't lose out on too much cash to bring him in later. Concerns are whether he will get targeted more by opposition clubs at GWS and whether he will score well in a bottom 4 side. I'd stay away for now
Grimes Definite value here. Can be a premo scorer and Roos will get the best out of him. Will return to the SC friendly possie of half back as well.
Duffield Stay away. Gets too many defensive roles and is now a deep back pocket rather than a high half fwd. Will have some big games but also a lot of smaller ones when playing lock down.
Watts Very close to including him myself if he plays as a midfielder in NAB Challenge. Priced at 411k and 76 average, he will need to lift to 94ave to be a viable pick. I can see him doing this early on with Saints, GWS and Suns all in the first 5 rounds.

JPK His best is top end premo material but handballs too much for me. The development of Sydney's mids also has me thinking we won't see him return to the top any time soon.
Jack Is a star and has a pretty decent early draw. Safe premo scorer here but prefer others for value.
Fyfe A star like Jack but needs to increase his disposal efficiency to be a top end premo. You'll get a safe 110 ave from him but like Jack, I prefer others.
Cotchin Under priced gun with a super easy fixture. Averaged 106 with a knee injury all year. Jump on.
Murphy Same as Cotchin. Struggled with injury this year rather than the tag (which is a false belief). Next to Beams as one of my first picked.

Sandi At his price both HMac and Sandi are low risk but you need to have a backup plan if one goes down early. Longer would be the easy downgrade option in the even of an injury or Dixon as a dpp link. Sandi will be managed in games by going fwd but that will simply mean more goals.
HMac Exactly the same with Sandi. Only concern I have with HMac is how Simpson will affect him. Wether Geelong can play both ruckmen and whether Simpson's output will directly affect HMac. Prefer Sandi at this stage
Grundy Not a fan at all. See the opening post here for my reasons.
NicNait Despite some media reports has enjoyed an injury free preseason. Has training away from the group to be managed but is back training with the main group now and flying. His best is THE best for ruckmen and he is severely underpriced. Low risk here
Ryder With Bellchambers being placed on the LTI list he has certainly come into consideration. Scores like a top end premo when the sole ruckman so keep an eye on NAB and monitor Bellchambers return date. Would need 6+ games with Bellchambers out to be a viable pick.

Buddy Underpriced proven gun. Will be back to his best at Sydney, especially with their elite midfield. Don't worry about point stealing and all that crap. White, Mummy, Bolton have all gone so there are points there. No risk at all here
Pav Same as Buddy. Fantasy royalty and unlike last year has had an injury free preseason. Is absolutely flying down at Freo and the fittest he's been in a while. Only concern is draw but that shouldnt' worry him
Higgins Risk is there but at that price and with so many cheap midpricers (Clark, Rohan, Lamb, Fasolo, Bock) around his price there are backup plans in place if he does get injured. Reward outweighs the risk here.
Fasolo Exactly the same as Higgins but with JS being the concern not injury. Jump on.
Wingard Again not really a fan. Can see him going backwards in 2014. See the opening post here for my reasons.

Ricochet

Quote from: MTTY on February 10, 2014, 02:32:01 PM
B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Goodes, Grimes, Suckling, L.McDonald
(K.Kolodjashnij, Fuller)

C: Pendlebury, Rockliff, Liberatore, Beams, Carrazzo, Thomas, Tyson, Michie
(Dunstan, O'Rourke)

R: Ryder, Sandilands
(Derickx, B.Brown)

F: Dangerfield, Franklin, T.Mitchell, Higgins, Bock, L.McCarthy
(Garlett, Impey)

Thanks Ric.
DEF: A good mix of top end premos and under priced proven players. Goodes is an interesting pick. If he can continue on from last year he'll be up there with the rest of the premo's but I think the risk of second year is a bit too much for me. Would prefer Simpson/Birchall for value. Rookies are fine at this stage

MIDS: Some great value here in Rocky, Beams, Carrots and Thomas. Not sure on Libba backing up from 2013. No doubt he will be a star but would prefer other proven under pricers like Cotchin or MMurphy. Rookies are fine but I recommend you strongly consider JMartin. The kid will be a star. Also consider Elis and Sheed.

RUCKS. A nice ruckline. Sandi is great value and Ryder will thrive as the solo ruck. Monitor Bellchambers' return date though as Ryder will need 6+ games with him out to be a viable pick.

FWDS: Be wary of TMitchell this year. His scoring dropped away heavily at the end of the year because he was shifted to a fwd role. With Bolton retiring and the strength of Sydney's midfield I would expect something similar. Danger and Buddy are great picks and both Higgins and Bock are severely under priced. Also consider Fasolo/Clark/Lamb/Rohan if fit.

Overall very decent mate with some nice PODs. Just be wary of the second year premo's like TMitch, Libba and Goodes. They will need to improve into the elite to be viable picks and there is quite a lot of value in under priced proven premos this year.

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 10, 2014, 04:01:20 PM
Hey Ric, thoughts on this team? Have 25k left. At this point haven't figured out a way to bring in a better ruck for R1 instead of Lobbe, as he is not my preferred choice. Not keen on Buddy in the forward line, even though he wouldn't be much of a risk with most people here locking him in. Really want Sloane in the midfield, but there's no-one that I want to drop for him. If Suckling is out R1, then he becomes KK and I can upgrade my rucks that way. Thanks in advance :)

DEF: I tend to stay away from players backing up a premo breakout year. So Thompson isn't my favourite pick. Based on last year he should be fine though. Simpson and Suckling are great value and Swallow is primed for a breakout year. If your looking for some cash look to downgrade Thompson to Birchall or Hurn.

MIDS: A good mix of top end premo's and under priced proven premos here. Rookies are also fine. Can't really fault this line tbh and I wouldn't bring Sloane in because these picks are fine. Also consider JMartin strongly as well as Ellis and Sheed.

RUCKS: Yeh need to upgrade Lobbe. NicNat is only 54k away so we only need another 30k. Sandi is great value and your rookies are find for now. Also consider Thurlow and Nankervis.

FWDS A very strong line with Danger, Martin, Gunston and Pav to start with. TBH I'm not sold on Gunston being a good pick to start with. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. He won't go up too much in price. I'd probably prefer to jump on some value picks instead. Guys like Caddy, Higgins, Fasolo, Lamb are all great value and will make you a heap of cash. There is heaps of value in the fwd line this year.

Ricochet

Quote from: #1 Stkilda on February 10, 2014, 05:18:02 PM
Hey Ric mind casting an eye over my team?

DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Hurn, Henderson, Suckling, Fuller (Cutler, Curran)
MID: Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Murphy, D. Beams, Daisy, Dunstan, Taylor (O'Rourke, Robertson)
RUC: Mcevoy, Sandilands (Thurlow, Nankervis)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Gunston, JKH, Impey (Garlett, Honeychurch)
   10k in bank
DEF: Love the Hurn and Henderson picks mate. Keep on eye on Hendo though, he will need to continue his role across half back to be a decent scorer. But if he does he will become a top end premo. Suckers is great value but keep en eye on your rookies during NAB as they will most likely need to be strengthened. Consider McDonald, Laidley, Aylett.

MIDS: Some great value here mate. Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Murphy, DBeams and Daisy are all underpriced and your rookies are fine for now. Strongly consider JMartin though, along with Ellis and Sheed.

RUCKS: Sandi is great value and McEvoy could be a nice POD for you. I'm not sure which way he will go but he could thrive a the Hawks. Nice rookie picks also.

FWDS: Start off strong but then fall away pretty quickly. I'm not 100% on Gunston. At an 83ave from last year he will have to average 100 to a) be a top end premo and b) make you some decent cash. If you can see him doing that then jump on but if not it's not such a big deal if you don't start with him and jump on him later. He won't go up too much in price. Most teams will also have one or two of Fasolo, Higgins, Clark, Rohan, Lamb an Bock at F4, F5 and/or F6. Making your fwd line look a little weaker. I'd strong consider a combination of these guys. They will make you a heap of cash and have the added job security over rookies.

Ricochet

Quote from: sprarepart on February 11, 2014, 12:45:40 PM
Ric,
Here is my team:

DEF
McVeigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Cutler, Fuller
MID
Ablett, Rockliff, Fyfe, Cotchin, Thomas, Martin, Michie, Dunstan, Sheed, Taylor
RUCK
Naitanui, Sandilands, Thurlow, Nankervis,
FWD
Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan, Garlett, Impey, Honeychurch

Interested in comments. Rookies obviously changeable closer to season. Big dockers fan so Pav, Fyfe and Sandi a must. I think Fyfe in particular can bring his game to a new level if he improves his disposal, he's so young. I feel with this team I only need to feild 5 rookies in the opening round.
Good to see another Dockers fan :)

DEF: Like this line. A good mix of some top end premos (Mitchell and McVeigh) with some under priced proven players (Grimes and Suckling) and a breakout contender (Swallow). Rookies are fine also.

MIDS: Another good mix here. Rocky, Cotching and Daisy are all value here. JMartin will be a star and your other rookies are fine. Taylor has had an interrupted preseason so keep an eye on him. Consider Ellis.

RUCKS: Common combo and my favourite one. Nothing wrong here.

FWDS: Strong line. Pav is a great prick and enjoying an injury free preseason. Buddy is great value and both Danger and Martin are top end premos.

Overall a very decent side mate

Ricochet

Quote from: Jmarshall9 on February 11, 2014, 01:00:54 PM
Backs:  J. McVeigh, S. Thompson, M. Hibberd, D. Swallow, M. Suckling, L. McDonald (T.Cutler, M. Fuller)
Mids: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, V. Michie (L. Dunstan, D. Garlett)
Fwds: P. Dangerfield, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, A. Fasolo, G. Rohan, J. Impey (M. Honeychurch, J. Kennedy-Harris)

I think my Forward needs some work on it for my team to be complete. Let me know what you think of the team! Cheers! :)
DEF: Keep an eye on Thompson mate. I tend to stay away from guys that are backing up a premo breakout year. Especially fullbacks. Hibberd is slightly different being a running defender so I don't mind this pick. Swallow is primed for a breakout year and Suckers is great value. Your rookies are fine also.

MIDS: A strong line with a good mix of top end premos and value. Cotchin, MMurphy, Beams and Daisy are all under priced proven players. Your rookies are very strong also.

RUCKS: Sandi is a great pick but not a fan of Lobbe. Check my opening post here for my reasons. Good rookies.

FWDS: Again you have a good mix of Top End premos in Danger and under priced proven premos in Buddy and Pav. Fasolo and Rohan are great value also. I would also consdier Higgins/Clark/Lamb/Bock if fit.

Fwd line does look weak but that is where the value is this year man so I'm fine with it. Might need to look at going impey to one of those 200k proven players with solid Job Security but other than that its fine.

Ricochet

Quote from: hawkers65 on February 11, 2014, 09:56:08 PM
Haven't had my team rated for some time and thought i'd get some of your advice, here it is:

Hoping i could get 14 keepers out of this team but likely at least one of them will fail. Mitchell, Simpson, Hurn, Swallow, Ablett, Rocky, Cotchin, Murph, Beams, Nic Nat, Danger, Franklin, Gunston and Pav, will all hopefully become keepers, with Thomas/Suckling being handy bench cover (might aim for Thomas > Pendles for Round 9 though) Also have 50k+ left in the bank to adjust any slight chances. Would love some thoughts :)

Much appreciated,

Cheers Hawkers!
Hey man looks pretty good

DEF: Some great value here. Love the Hurn pick. He's already underpriced because of the vest and could get time further up the ground this year. Swallow is primed for a breakout year and both Simpson and Suckers are also great value.

MIDS: Another great line mate with heaps of value. Can't fault your premo picks. They're all under priced (some more than others) and are great picks. Rookies are fine but I strong suggest you consider JMartin, he will be a star, along with XEllis and Sheed.

RUCKS. The best combo imo. Nothing wrong here and King will be good as the floating donut.

FWDS: You already know my thoughts on Gunston :P No doubt he will be a gun but feel he is better suited as an upgrade target this year as there is less risk. But I know you like this pick. Danger is a top end premo and both Buddy and Pavlich are underpriced proven premos. Concern here that you are fielding two rookies on the field. Most teams have a combo of Fasolo/Higgins/Clark/Rohan/Lamb/Bock at F5 and even F6. I'd consider upgrading at least one rookie here.

Jmarshall9

Quote from: Ricochet on February 12, 2014, 11:26:57 AM

DEF: Keep an eye on Thompson mate. I tend to stay away from guys that are backing up a premo breakout year. Especially fullbacks. Hibberd is slightly different being a running defender so I don't mind this pick. Swallow is primed for a breakout year and Suckers is great value. Your rookies are fine also.

MIDS: A strong line with a good mix of top end premos and value. Cotchin, MMurphy, Beams and Daisy are all under priced proven players. Your rookies are very strong also.

RUCKS: Sandi is a great pick but not a fan of Lobbe. Check my opening post here for my reasons. Good rookies.

FWDS: Again you have a good mix of Top End premos in Danger and under priced proven premos in Buddy and Pav. Fasolo and Rohan are great value also. I would also consdier Higgins/Clark/Lamb/Bock if fit.

Fwd line does look weak but that is where the value is this year man so I'm fine with it. Might need to look at going impey to one of those 200k proven players with solid Job Security but other than that its fine.

Alright sounds good!!! Got any idea who I should trade in for Thompson, so I can get some cash to fit Higgins in my Fwd!? Cheers mate!

Ricochet

Quote from: Jmarshall9 on February 12, 2014, 11:40:59 AM

Alright sounds good!!! Got any idea who I should trade in for Thompson, so I can get some cash to fit Higgins in my Fwd!? Cheers mate!
Do you have any cash left over mate?

Jmarshall9

Quote from: Ricochet on February 12, 2014, 11:48:03 AM
Quote from: Jmarshall9 on February 12, 2014, 11:40:59 AM

Do you have any cash left over mate?

Nah only like 6k! :/ so in a bit of trouble there!?