UPDATED: REALLY NEED ADVISE ON MY TEAM

Started by Crows4top4, January 27, 2014, 08:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crows4top4

First post on fan footy so go nuts reviewing my team, want your honest opinions  :P

DEF : J.McVeigh, P.Hanley, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, L.McDonald, K.Kolodjashnij        [RESERVE : M.Scharenberg C.Howard]

MID : Ablett, Scott Selwood, Barlow, M.Murphy, D.Shiel, J.Martin, J.Kelly, D.Sheed      [RESERVE : D.Tyson, J. O'Rourke ]

RUCK  : S. Jacobs,  A.Sandilands  [RESERVE : B.Longer, S.Michael]

FWD : P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, J.Watts, J.Hogan, B.Lennon  [RESERVE : D.Garlett, L.Taylor]

There you go guys, not much money in hand at all just around $18,000 so tell me what improvement i can make

Noz

First of welcome to FF

Defence: Not sure if Howard will play much next year and im pretty sure Scharenberg is still injured

Mids: Seems a tad weak, Not sure how Kelly will fit into the Giants side here may won't to look at alternatives to save a bit of coin.

Rucks: Standard here.

Forwards: Takes a brave man to pick Watts.

browny_wce

Dylan Shiel? Maybe not man
And pick one (if that) out of Kelly, Sheed and Martin

Jazzoskies

Welcome to FF mate,

I like the pick of Barlow, is a gun DT scorer and I haven't seen him in many teams this year, could be a good POD. Shiel might not be the best choice here perhaps a swap to Dale Thomas would be better as he is a bargain price and should score well, Watts indeed is a brave choice however under the coaching of Roos he might find some DT consistency? Time will tell on that

Crows4top4

Okay so I've taken in your opinions and maybe come up with a better squad.

DEF : McVeigh, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Kolodjashnij  RES - Scharenberg, Laidler

MID : Ablett, Barlow, K.Jack, M.Murphy, Viney, D.Thomas, J.Martin, Sheed RES - D.Tyson, O'Rourke

RUCK : Jacobs, Sandilands RES - Longer, S.Michael

FWD : Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Watts, Hogan, Lennon RES - L.Taylor, D.Garlett

REASONING FOR SOME PICKS:

Viney - i read somewhere that viney is having a great pre season and roos sees him slotting straight into the midfield for round1, another pre-season under his belt i believe he could have the fantasy rookie year he never had. Avg of 69 last year could potentially add another 20 points to his average

Watts - Roos wants to play him in the midfield to mirror what freo has done over the past years throwing big bodies into the contest, e.g- Nat Fyfe, David Mundy are both 190+ cm players, with roos by his side and playing a role in the middle i think
watts can average 85+ fantasy points this year.

Daisy Thomas - Best Shape of his career. Enough Said.

David Swallow - going into his fourth season which means his had almost 4 pre seasons under his belt, could explode but might not, this game is a game of risks right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylan Shiel - I had him in my first team but you blew me off, i think you should reconsider your thoughts towards Dylan. He was an absolute jet of a junior player, high disposal and tackler, had a few years of learning the AFL game now and one of these seasons he's gonna avg 95+, dont wanna miss the boat lads!

LF

Backline Grimes at D2 I think is a no you need someone a bit more reliable and less injury prone
Like the Swallow pick
Scharenberg is still injured as someone else said

Mids are little weak needs a Rockliff,Swan or someone at M2
Viney I wouldn`t touch your better off replacing him with a more proven scorer
Jack probably the only Swans mid I`d consider in AF
Tyson probably a little too much cash on your bench there are cheaper options that will free some cash up
Will O`Rouke get game time for GWS?
And Dayne Beams is fairly cheap as well for what he can produce would have him in over Murphy

Rucks are fine except Sam Michael is still on Lions Rookie list try Derickx for Sydney instead

Forwards
Wouldn`t put Hogan in  you`d be better off with his team mate Clark
Like the risk in Watts could be a great pick

Crows4top4

Im gonna give it another go, here we go again, love more comments guys!

DEF : McVeigh, Hanley, Golby, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald - Kolodjashnij, Laidler

MID : Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Rockliff, D.Thomas, Martin, Sheed, Michie - O'Rourke, Polec

RUCK : McEvoy, Sandilands - Longer, Derickx

FWD : Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Chapman, M.Clark, Lennon - L.Taylor, Kersten.

Crows4top4

BUMP!!!!

Please help me out with my team:

DEF: McVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, D.Swallow, Suckling, McDonald ( Fuller, Laidler)

MID: Ablett, S.Selwood, T.Rockliff, A.Swallow, D.Beams, C.Young, J.Martin, D.Sheed (Tyson, Polec)

RUCK : N.Naitanui, Sandilands ( S.Michael, B.Longer )

FWD : Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Chapman, Fasolo, Rohan (Bock, Kersten)

Noz

Andrew Swallow is out for half the year.

Crows4top4

oh well then any thoughts on who i should replace swallow with

Noz

Around that price range?

Cotchin is a bit underpriced for what he can produce. However having 2 richmond players might be a huge mistake.

Mitch Duncan, Dal Santo and Ward all will be consistent and around that mark for the year bit of a risk though.

Not a fan of many of the people around that price range though will be handy to know how much cash you have left over.

Crows4top4

DEF : Mitchell, Enright, Malceski,Suckling, McDonald, S.Shaw (BENCH : Georgiou, T.Curran)
MID : Swan, Rockliff, Liberatore, Cotchin, Beams, B. Ellis, D.Thomas D.Tyson (BENCH: X.Ellis, Polec)
RUCK: Minson, Sandilands (BENCH: Currie, Derickx)
FWD: Dangerfield, Martin, Rioli, Pavlich, Caddy, Rohan (BENCH: Kersten, Bock)

please comment really need help

Kellogscrunchynut

Strong Midfield and Forward lines without sacrificing the Backline too much. Good pod with Liberatore and should the Dogs improve it will be around his performances.

I'd reconsider picking Rioli since he will mainly stay in the forward line and seldom rotates through the midfield, however when he does he smashes it.

Peter

Crows4top4

Cheers lads, got around 10k in the bank so wondering who a good replace,t for Rioli could be