Pendles vs Griffen

Started by Jackross10, January 27, 2014, 06:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Quote from: _wato on January 28, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 28, 2014, 01:52:10 PM
Yes I am choosing to not start the 2nd best player in the comp because I'm predicting an early fall in cash. Which means he will be an early season upgrade. And I am choosing to start the best player in the comp over the 2nd best.

Rico, has hit it on the head. I agree 100%. Pendlebury will fall in price as much as you guys think he won't.
Ablett will average 130-135, Pendlebury lucky to average 125 up until Round 8, but after that he will dominate.
Can u guys give details of how/why Pendles will have a slow start?

shaker

He scored two games under 100 last season 96 and 92 some of you guys are hard to please leave him out at your own peril , soon to be the captain I expect him to lift his game to the next level

Noz

Pendles pure class and never has a bad game

shaker

Quote from: Noz on January 28, 2014, 09:02:56 PM

Agree 100% To say he will only average 125 to round 8 and then start to score well  I'm lost for words  :o

quinny88

There are still only very few certainties for my team at this stage but one of them is definitely locking in Pendles.
He and Ablett pick themselves before you even think about how you want your team to look

_wato

Quote from: shaker on January 28, 2014, 09:15:58 PM

Agree 100% To say he will only average 125 to round 8 and then start to score well  I'm lost for words  :o

Of course he is pure class and never has a bad game but I don't think he will have as many 'outstanding games' to start this year that's all! He probably won't go under 100 you're right, but the fact that he has Crowley, Jackson, Hunt, Curnow, Hocking, a plethora of guns at Sydney as well as guns at each of the teams these blokes are listed in above and there's cause of concerns for him to really bump 120+ up into the byes. He may well score a 130+once or twice but I'm expecting a lot of low 100's, 110's and 120's. His draw opens up remarkably after the bye where he can hit his straps and start to score 160's and the scores we know he can. Ablett has a much easier and safer draw and his record against the teams he has to face is remarkable. A three game average between the two against opponents they face showed Pendlebury averaging 124 and Ablett 146.

I feel I can get the same output upto within 5-10ppg for $100k cheaper (Cotchin 115+), but that cash can be spent on other lines making the improvement there 15-20 points better. Eg Caddy 75-80ppg to Pavlich 95ppg.

shaker

Quote from: _wato on January 28, 2014, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: shaker on January 28, 2014, 09:15:58 PM

Of course he is pure class and never has a bad game but I don't think he will have as many 'outstanding games' to start this year that's all! He probably won't go under 100 you're right, but the fact that he has Crowley, Jackson, Hunt, Curnow, Hocking, a plethora of guns at Sydney as well as guns at each of the teams these blokes are listed in above and there's cause of concerns for him to really bump 120+ up into the byes. He may well score a 130+once or twice but I'm expecting a lot of low 100's, 110's and 120's. His draw opens up remarkably after the bye where he can hit his straps and start to score 160's and the scores we know he can. Ablett has a much easier and safer draw and his record against the teams he has to face is remarkable. A three game average between the two against opponents they face showed Pendlebury averaging 124 and Ablett 146.

I feel I can get the same output upto within 5-10ppg for $100k cheaper (Cotchin 115+), but that cash can be spent on other lines making the improvement there 15-20 points better. Eg Caddy 75-80ppg to Pavlich 95ppg.

Haha wato looks like we will have another different player come the start of the season I'll would be very happy with 125 till round 8 , Gaz has a few good taggers in his first few games as well , see we are both in the Gun's comp time will tell cheers mate

Noz

Ablett will average 130-135, Pendlebury lucky to average 125 up until Round 8, but after that he will dominate.

Im sorry what?

If an average of 125 isn't classified as dominating i don't know what is.

Baggers2012

Quote from: ubeaut on January 28, 2014, 08:08:49 PM
Yes I am choosing to not start the 2nd best player in the comp because I'm predicting an early fall in cash. Which means he will be an early season upgrade. And I am choosing to start the best player in the comp over the 2nd best.

Rico, has hit it on the head. I agree 100%. Pendlebury will fall in price as much as you guys think he won't.

Firstly, Pendles will be up against very good taggers and midfield units in the first 8 rounds. that will have a minor effect on his scoring.

the main reason I will be leaving him out is his average in Collingwood loses, average last year in a losing side: 117.

with a tough early draw I have Collingwood at 2W 5L at round 8, 5 of last years top 6 + Carlton & North, IMO pendles won't be averaging more that 125. Gaz on the otherhand, in an improving GC side, I think he will be 130+

shaker

Quote from: Baggers2012 on January 28, 2014, 10:27:45 PM

Firstly, Pendles will be up against very good taggers and midfield units in the first 8 rounds. that will have a minor effect on his scoring.

the main reason I will be leaving him out is his average in Collingwood loses, average last year in a losing side: 117.

with a tough early draw I have Collingwood at 2W 5L at round 8, 5 of last years top 6 + Carlton & North, IMO pendles won't be averaging more that 125. Gaz on the otherhand, in an improving GC side, I think he will be 130+

Your choice PS don't tell Eddie about that win loss ratio

Dayze

Nobody doubts pendles.
But some hard decisions have to b made.
If u have to choose between pendles and ablett I can understand this decision.

It's a decision that could backfire obviously but u gotta take some risks somewhere and pendles doesn't represent great value.
I hope ur right wato coz I'm pretty certain I'm gonna leave him out.
Cotchin is far too much value

GCSkiwi

Quote from: _wato on January 28, 2014, 09:47:02 PM

Quote from: Dayze on January 29, 2014, 12:11:34 AM
Cotchin is far too much value

To be honest guys, I think Cotchin is an undercover disaster for SC players. I have no doubt he can increase his scores and score higher than his price comfortably, but his bye is the same as GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Swan and Jelwood, and I think you have to be mad to start Cotchin ahead of any of them... Beams is a value lock for me, and I can afford GAJ and Pendles with my current set up so those will be my picks. 3 round 8 byes is quite enough. I wouldn't even think of substituting Cotchin for Pendles based purely on value, Pendles will score better than Cotchin guaranteed.

Wato accept your point about reallocating the funds but I think it's generous to suggest Pendles will only be 5-10 above Cotchin over the first 8 rounds, and you're taking a gamble on Pav for 95... If the choice was Pendles + Caddy vs Cotchin + Pav  I would definitely go option 1...

Dayze

I think people have forgotten what sort of player Trent cotchin is.
We have short memories.

Cotchin could b absolutely anything and I am very confident he will pump his average up at least 10ppg.

Ricochet

My reasoning for not starting Pendles is/are

- It was between Pendles and GAJ for me. I think GAJ will improve on 2013s average so it was a no brainer here
- Pendles has Crowley R1 where his only previous score against him is 96... 30 points below his average. Ablett has Crowley in R2 where his previous score was 137 against him.
- Pendles has a run of Fremantle, Sydney, Geelong, Richmond, North, Essendon and Carlton, all top 8 contenders and many are top 4 contenders. Ablett has Richmond, Fremantle, Brisbane, Hawks, Melbourne, GWS and North. In the past 2 years he has averaged 142 against these teams.
- I'm predicting Collingwood to slip this year, possibly even outside the top 8. Where as Gold Coast will improve.
- My strategy is to pick underpriced players who will improve enough to make decent cash or improve into elite categories. I don't see Pendles improving.

Thats pretty much it really

_wato

Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 29, 2014, 10:51:00 AM
To be honest guys, I think Cotchin is an undercover disaster for SC players. I have no doubt he can increase his scores and score higher than his price comfortably, but his bye is the same as GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Swan and Jelwood, and I think you have to be mad to start Cotchin ahead of any of them... Beams is a value lock for me, and I can afford GAJ and Pendles with my current set up so those will be my picks. 3 round 8 byes is quite enough. I wouldn't even think of substituting Cotchin for Pendles based purely on value, Pendles will score better than Cotchin guaranteed.

Wato accept your point about reallocating the funds but I think it's generous to suggest Pendles will only be 5-10 above Cotchin over the first 8 rounds, and you're taking a gamble on Pav for 95... If the choice was Pendles + Caddy vs Cotchin + Pav  I would definitely go option 1...

Undercover disaster? When only two years ago he averaged 116 and was one of the elite mids for that year? Last year he averaged 106 and everyone knows it was a lean year. He was subbed out, he was obviously carrying niggles and injuries and that got to him. Another full preseason two years on from that average of 116 and I can see him pumping 120 which would put him in the top 6 mids this year. Bloody oath Dayze, some people do have short memories hahaha.

I'd definitely go Cotchin & Pav if someone asked me that question. I think you're being very generous to think that Pendlebury is going to start this year like a house on fire - Best of luck to you. I think it will be very very close between him and Cotchin.

And as Rico said I'm not saying anyone is wrong with having Pendlebury as it is a Ablett/Pendlebury choice for me also and I'm going with the former in Ablett.

For about the same funds I'd rather Ablett/Cotchin/Rockliff over Pendlebury/Selwood/Murphy. That is my final decision.