Colmullet's 2014 Currently 94th Overall

Started by colmullet, January 25, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

Hey guys, first crack at Dream Team this year, played Supercoach for a few years with decent results, thought i'd whip up a quick first draft team and see what ya's think.

40K in the kitty

Artax

Solid team although not big on the Walker & J Kolod picks

colmullet

Thankx, yeah those are subject to NAB n what not

shaker

Good first up team the only thing I can see is the rookie rucks a bit dear Longer is not much dearer and think he might get more game time than them and stick Thurlow in he may get some games with Bellchambers being out will save you some $$$ cheers

Ringo

Samd as you Col but here is my opinion for what it is worth. I doubt Walker will be playing Round 1 but there are alternatives so watch.

And as you say rookies will be finalise after NAB cup. For information I also doubt Taylor will play in round 1 as he has only started training with the main group after the Christmas return. Just watch.

colmullet

Thankx Ringo, yeah ill keep an eye on him but hes the most expensive out of the cheap options so changing down to a higgins/fasolo/nahas/rohan/bock is easy to do

Jeez i wish NAB would hurry up n start in keen to get into the season haha

colmullet

Latest re-incarnation....would love some thoughts guys, have spent a lot of time on Supercoach and forgot all about putting this team together to

Def: McVeigh, Mitchell, Enright, Suckling, Webster, Martin, (Langdon, Cameron)

Mids: GAJ, Swan, Barlow, Redden, Beams, MaCrae, Dunstan, Tyson, (Ellis, Polec)

Ruck: Leuy, Sandi, (Currie, Derickx)

Forward: Danger, Martin, Pav, Wright, Caddy, Rohan, (McDonough, Kennedy-Harris)

Rookie prices being so much different to Supercoach really threw me haha i dont think this looks to bad though, still 48.1K in the kitty

colmullet

must be perfect not a word said haha :p

colmullet

So managed to rock out a great first round (2311)....now time to actually set a team....what do we think of this?:

Defence: McVeigh, Enright, Hibberd, Swallow, R.Shaw, Langdon, (Griffiths, Langford)

Mids: Johnson, GAJ, Barlow, Beams, Shiels, MaCrae, Tyson, Dunstan, (Polec, Ellis)

Rucks: Mumford, Sandilands, (Currie, Thurlow)

Forwards: N. Riewoldt, Martin, Mitchell, Wright, Caddy, Higgins, (Rohan, McCarthy)

1,300K in the kitty

colmullet

Hey guys, looking for a little advice.....

Backs: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hibberd, Swallow, Jaensch, Griffiths, (Langdon, Langford)

Mids: Johnson, Ablett, Cornes, Beams, Shiels, MaCrae, Tyson, Polec, (Dunstan, Ellis)

Ruck: Mumford, Sandilands, (Currie, Thurlow)

Forwards: N. Riewoldt, Martin, T.Mitchell, Wright, Higgins, Fasolo, (Rohan, McCarthy)

First trade is already locked away as Mumford -> Jacobs, leaves me with 50.769K in the bank, which is not enough to upgrade Shiels to a mid premo which would be ideal, so next option would be to grab Lloyd which im thinking about a few different options.

1) Shiels to lloyd via T.Mitchell.....who i will then more then likely take up to a mid/fwd premo next week, however this means im playing Lloyd on field in the forwards rather than Dunstan on field in the mids

2) Rohan -> Lloyd.....Rohan losing cash to trading to Lloyd will help in cash generation. However this doesnt really increase my kitty for upgrades in the future, but it mean im fielding Dunstan on field in the mids rather than Lloyd on field in the forwards. Shiels to ride the bench for a week, hes not losing money

3) McCarthy -> Lloyd......McCarthy isnt playing to might as well get him out for a playing rookie, Dunstan on field in the mids and Shiels to ride the bench for a week....he wont lose any money

4) T.Mitchell -> Lloyd....Means fielding both Lloyd and Dunstan on field this week, Mitchell is bleeding cash though so from a purely money generation point of view this would be the best decision?

Would love some thoughts guys :) got a feeling im ovethinking it :p

chief007

i reckon option 1, mitchell has a BE of 114 and by the way he has been going he isnt going to get that, when the swans sort themselves out he mite start scoring better, lloys mite not be so bad on the field they are playing the lions and they arent traveling to well if he got a ton against the pies ud reckon he would score pretty well against the lions, mitchells last 2 scores have been in the 70's so probabley worth the punt.

colmullet

Thankx man, it is the obvious option definitely, was just running through the alternatives

colmullet

I can also afford to go Mummy -> McIntosh, Shiels -> Heppel

should put more points on the board and increase my chances of staying high up overall

chief007

yeah that could work, i guess if ur wanting to stay at the top may be worth it, are u happy to have mcintosh for most of the year? my way of thinking is try and get 2 rucks that should be locked in (apart from injury) then use all the tradrs for bloke that are gunna make all the points, i have a feeling everyone is going to jump on heppell after he got the write up on the afl website,  ebert or matty stokes are a few that not many teams would have but having 2 blokes already from port and the cats heppell mite work out well for the byes

chief007

having said that id still go option 1 to grab the cash, may not be alot of cash to grab in the coming weeks