discuss my team

Started by m_zulian, January 24, 2014, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_zulian

Salary cap left: $26,500.

Jarrad McVeigh, Sam Mitchell, David Swallow, Matt Suckling, Luke McDonald, Matthew Buntine
Jeremy Laidler, Christian Howard

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Jobe Watson, Marc Murphy, Jack Martin, Viv Michie, Claye Beams
Xavier Ellis, Jared Polec

Dean Cox, Todd Goldstein
Daniel Currie, Fraser Thurlow

Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Luke Dahlhaus, Josh Caddy, Alex Fasolo, Jackson Paine
Gary Rohan, Mitch Honeychurch

12/10/8 bye format

your thoughts?

Mr.Craig

Well, you finished a hell of a lot higher than I did so I'm not sure I'm qualified to comment but it seems you're putting a lot of faith in some guys who don't necessarily justify it. While Buntine and Paine have the potential to solidify their JS, I'm not sure they have the scoring potential to turn that into worthwhile money. Dahlhaus I can't see going beyond an 80 average and you'd still be copping your fair share of 50's which isn't acceptable for an F3. I'm not exactly a fan of Swallow or Caddy either but I accept there are justifications for both those choices.

Picking Swan, GAJ, Cox and Goldstein exposes you in those lower positions and I think that mitigates some of the advantage you might get from picking them.

So for me the team isn't to my taste but that's just my opinion and you have every right to disregard it.

m_zulian

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 24, 2014, 09:58:28 PM
Well, you finished a hell of a lot higher than I did so I'm not sure I'm qualified to comment but it seems you're putting a lot of faith in some guys who don't necessarily justify it. While Buntine and Paine have the potential to solidify their JS, I'm not sure they have the scoring potential to turn that into worthwhile money. Dahlhaus I can't see going beyond an 80 average and you'd still be copping your fair share of 50's which isn't acceptable for an F3. I'm not exactly a fan of Swallow or Caddy either but I accept there are justifications for both those choices.

Picking Swan, GAJ, Cox and Goldstein exposes you in those lower positions and I think that mitigates some of the advantage you might get from picking them.

So for me the team isn't to my taste but that's just my opinion and you have every right to disregard it.

Thanx for your feedback

I've picked Dahlhaus, Caddy and Swallow based on the structure I am after. These players are not strongly penciled in my team. I'm looking for players around the price range for those positions. I'm sure a lot will change before round 1.