Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Holz on October 23, 2017, 02:00:03 PM
Im more then happy for most people to have a different opinion then me, when you are abit of an outsider if you are wrong more then correct then you typically would struggle in these types of comps and be abit of a joke. If you are correct more then you are wrong then you usually go fairly well in these comps.
Hang on.

Did you say "most people" are allowed to have a different opinion? Who's not included in this? Do you have puppets or alts that have to agree?

Who are these outsiders you speak of? Care to name names? Maybe it might encourage them to participate more.

Also that's up there with the stupidest things you have said.

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2017, 02:45:58 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 23, 2017, 02:08:48 PM
TL;DR only teams in the top 4/8 can vote on trades now. I retract my previous votes from this morning @Purple 77
I too would like to follow this course of action.
With those suggestions might neg all trades this week then. 

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on October 23, 2017, 03:01:22 PM
TL;DR only teams in the top 4/8 can vote on trades now. I retract my previous votes from this morning @Purple 77
Probably wouldn't change anything. Go for it, I say.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Probably what Holz wants since there's no Dublin trades up for votes this week :-X

Holz

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2017, 02:59:34 PM
Im more then happy for most people to have a different opinion then me, when you are abit of an outsider if you are wrong more then correct then you typically would struggle in these types of comps and be abit of a joke. If you are correct more then you are wrong then you usually go fairly well in these comps.
Hang on.

Did you say "most people" are allowed to have a different opinion? Who's not included in this? Do you have puppets or alts that have to agree?

Who are these outsiders you speak of? Care to name names? Maybe it might encourage them to participate more.

Just a word of advice before you go around calling people stupid you might want to read what people actually say.

Most people do seem to have a different opinion to me, some (the minority it seems) agree with me and im ok with that. I then said im abit of an outsider (which again reiterates the point).

Again I am the outsider. Which It is very obviously implied that im referring myself to an outsider backed up by saying when outsiders are wrong more often then they are right they are bad at these comps and when its the reverse they are good.

I didn't think i had to spell this out but ill summarise it for you so its clear.

1. I have a different opinion to the majority on alot of things when it comes to fantasy football.
2. If you are different and make more good calls then bad then you succeed if you are different and make more bad calls then good then you fail.
3. Dublin is very successful so im implying i make more good calls then bad.

I have no clue what your going on about you might want to explain that to me.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2017, 03:30:24 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Probably what Holz wants since there's no Dublin trades up for votes this week :-X
Exactly what i dont want. I vote on trades forgetting who both parties are, there is no need to take into consideration where that team is on the ladder, who the coach is or what the needs of their team is. Thats for the coaches to decide when they do the trade.

I might be an outsider by doing that but in my opinion its the correct way of going about.

Nige

Quote from: Holz on October 23, 2017, 03:42:53 PM
Hang on.

Just a word of advice before you go around calling people stupid you might want to read what people actually say.

Most people do seem to have a different opinion to me, some (the minority it seems) agree with me and im ok with that. I then said im abit of an outsider (which again reiterates the point).

Again I am the outsider. Which It is very obviously implied that im referring myself to an outsider backed up by saying when outsiders are wrong more often then they are right they are bad at these comps and when its the reverse they are good.

I didn't think i had to spell this out but ill summarise it for you so its clear.

1. I have a different opinion to the majority on alot of things when it comes to fantasy football.
2. If you are different and make more good calls then bad then you succeed if you are different and make more bad calls then good then you fail.

Nice try, but I never called you stupid. Even smart people can say stupid things, nobody is immune to that. There's no need to be smug.

Having a different opinion to others doesn't make you an outsider, it literally just means you have a different opinion and don't agree. Not sure why you're suddenly slapping this label on yourself. Is it an effort to feel special? We all know you like to wave your dick as it is and harp on about being successful. Just don't be a cow about it, it's very simple.

And if I did misconstrue what your post was saying, it obviously wasn't that clear.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on October 23, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 23, 2017, 03:42:53 PM
Hang on.

Nice try, but I never called you stupid. Even smart people can say stupid things, nobody is immune to that. There's no need to be smug.

Having a different opinion to others doesn't make you an outsider, it literally just means you have a different opinion and don't agree. Not sure why you're suddenly slapping this label on yourself. Is it an effort to feel special? We all know you like to wave your dick as it is and harp on about being successful. Just don't be a cow about it, it's very simple.

And if I did misconstrue what your post was saying, it obviously wasn't that clear.

Just on that last point first. If one person misconstrues what somebody says that doesn't mean it wasn't clear.

I do like to banter as thats what adds to the competition it creates rivalries, villains, heroes. How boring would sport be if this wasn't the case.

I do quite often have a very different view on a number of fantasy topics to most people. So i do feel like a outsider to a point, that doesn't make me edgy and cool.

At the end of the day I dont make out there calls to be different i make out there calls because i think they are right and approach fantasy differently to most people. Which makes sense considering i dont even really watch AFL I approach it more as a money ball style approach which i know 90%+ of people on here dont do.

I will be wrong alot of the time but if im right 6 times out of 10 then thats a good year.

I will say the same thing that i say when people complain about Tiger Fans bragging about their grand final win. If you dont like it then hope your team beats them next year. The great thing about worlds is you actually can have an influence on how your team performs which is the appeal of fantasy sports.

If you dont like me talking up Dublin, then beat me on the field and then I cant'.

Levi434

Since this is where it all started, here is the last remaining GC fan on Earth's opinion(If not for much longer tehehe):

B: Jack Leslie, Steven May, Pearce Hanley

HB: Jack Bowes, Rory Thompson, Jarrod Harbrow

C: Lachie Weller, Aaron Hall, Kade Kolodjashnij

HF: Aaron Young, Peter Wright, Touk Miller

FF: Jack Martin, Tom Lynch, Ben Ainsworth

Foll: Jarrod Witts, David Swallow, Jarrod Lyons

Int: Brayden Fiorini, Michael Barlow, Michael Rischitelli, Will Brodie

Immediate Depth(No particular order):
Callum Ah Chee
Matt Rosa
Alex Sexton
Jesse Lonergan
Sam Day
Trent McKenzie
Sean Lemmens
Jack Scrimshaw
Jesse Joyce
Brad Scheer

Key Points:
-I highly doubt Fiorini will be a back but you can't tell what Dew will dew. He is in my team on the bench because there is no way he doesn't play.
-Scheer and Scrimshaw were too far back this year to call them best 22 randomly for next year.
-All the talk is that Barlow will be fit so he'll play and be best 22. IF fit.
-I don't want that UnsafeTelly in the team but he will be because... "leadership."
-I highly doubt Rosa will play. He's not good enough to be a mid and sucks as a back. NEAFL it is.
-As much as I love Lemmens, I don't think he will play. He is a great club man but don't mean nuffin on the park.
-I have KK on the wing because I feel like it. He can push back because there are 15 guys in my team who can run through the mids if need be.
-Jack Leslie was promising this year so I don't see why he loses his spot. He can play on talls and smalls as well.
-Ah Chee does nothing amazing. Anything he does well. Others also do.
-Sexton is trash and a selfish hog. Highly doubt that will be tolerated by Dewy.
-Joyce is good but I don't see a spot for him. I'd have Lemmens above Joyce honestly.

Ringo

Left out Josh Schoenfeldt in your depth Levi.
Also think Sam Day may start on bench because of versatility back or forward.  Remember injury cruelled his season this year,

RaisyDaisy

Pretty hard to take any of you serious when you don't even mention the jet that is H.Wigg

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 23, 2017, 08:25:57 PM
Pretty hard to take any of you serious when you don't even mention the jet that is H.Wigg
I was thinking he was a glaring omission.

Holz

After all this talk of you just need to make top 4 and its all luck i just did a review of the last 6 premiers.

2012: Mexico 2nd, PPG 147 (2nd)
2013: Pumas 4th, PPG 151 (2nd)
2014: Dublin 2nd, PPG 155 (1st)
2015: Mexico 4th, PPG 149 (2nd)
2016: Rio 2nd, PPG 143 (3rd)
2017: Dublin 4th, PPG 146 (3rd)

Few interesting notes:

1. People have only won from 2nd and 4th on the ladder with it alternating each year. So you want to finish 2nd that year.
2: No team has ever eon not being in the top 3 scorers that year.
3. The average scoring power of a winning squad is 149

So to win next year you must finish 2nd, be top 3 in scoring and be aiming to knock up about 149 points a week.

GoLions

Well I guess that rules out the best team ever in Dublin, then! Chuck me BTB for Cunnington and 7, Holz, will give you a better chance at winning the flag this year :)

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on October 24, 2017, 06:15:56 PM
Well I guess that rules out the best team ever in Dublin, then! Chuck me BTB for Cunnington and 7, Holz, will give you a better chance at winning the flag this year :)

what rules me out?

Id tip NDT to finish top, so i have me 2nd at the moment.

Also at the moment Mexico is the best team ever.