Main Menu

WXV Discussion

Started by ossie85, August 06, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 19, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
interesting purps

i manage 2 or 3 rocket league teams you think thats worth putting in a resume?

As a hobby/interest, definitely can't hurt

Koop

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 19, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
interesting purps

i manage 2 or 3 rocket league teams you think thats worth putting in a resume?

So joining in on banter with 3 13 year olds in a Discord server & having a fancy title despite having no commercial or personal bargaining standing or power regarding the players or the team is now resume-worthy? Nah. 

Congratulations Purp! Probably showed you have good organisational skills & stick-ability. Hope it goes really well for you!

kilbluff1985

koop thinking i read his comments still LUL

Jay

Congrats Purp! Accountants are slowly taking over WXVs >:D

Hellopplz

To be fair, it's good to list hobbies, and rocket league also shows KB can interact with people online.

I have put being Admin on FanFooty on my resume as extra-cirricular/hobby, and think it might have helped land my job cause they have a few big footy fans in my branch :P.

Holz

Brad Crouch in

Real Goldy in

Watch out team of the week, the best ruck in the comp is back.

Jukes

Cheers for the resume tips lads, AXVIII will look good on my resume :P

RaisyDaisy

Mitch Wallis back this week via VFL is great news. Darcy Cameron also extended contract with Swans and hasn't played a game yet :)

Purple 77

I mentioned it at the time of making the fixture, but I think it was hard to know what I was talking about at  the time :P

Just to reiterate at what I've decided about WXV Round 9 (where Port & GCS have the bye) so it doesn't come as a surprise:

I will use the Round 11 Port/GCS scores for WXV Round 9, keeping WXV Round 10 exclusively to AFL Round 10.

WXV Round 11 will comprise of scores from AFL Round 11 (minus Port & Gold Coast) + AFL Round 12 scores from Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, Port Adeliade + Gold Coast.

The AAP Alliance & EurAsia game will comprise of AFL Round 12 scores from Adeliade, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS + Hawthorn + AFL Round 13   scores.

If you have an alternative that I like better, feel free to suggest it, but I'm fairly wedded to the above scenario.

Toga

So all that means is that we won't know WXV Round 9 results until after AFL Round 11?

It's a messy situation so there's no easy fix, but that seems reasonable to me.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 05, 2017, 03:56:34 PM
I mentioned it at the time of making the fixture, but I think it was hard to know what I was talking about at  the time :P

Just to reiterate at what I've decided about WXV Round 9 (where Port & GCS have the bye) so it doesn't come as a surprise:

I will use the Round 11 Port/GCS scores for WXV Round 9, keeping WXV Round 10 exclusively to AFL Round 10.

WXV Round 11 will comprise of scores from AFL Round 11 (minus Port & Gold Coast) + AFL Round 12 scores from Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, Port Adeliade + Gold Coast.

The AAP Alliance & EurAsia game will comprise of AFL Round 12 scores from Adeliade, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS + Hawthorn + AFL Round 13   scores.

If you have an alternative that I like better, feel free to suggest it, but I'm fairly wedded to the above scenario.

Test the depth, i say that wirh only 1 guy in my 15 :p

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on May 05, 2017, 04:03:51 PM
So all that means is that we won't know WXV Round 9 results until after AFL Round 11?

It's a messy situation so there's no easy fix, but that seems reasonable to me.

Yep.

Also, I'm thinking that if you name Port/Gcs players and they DON'T play, then I'll move players (from the other 16 teams that have already played) in the 18 up, and add players from your list preferences onto your emergencies.

For example,

Berlin

F: Lance Franklin, Charlie Dixon, Mark LeCras, Jay Kennedy-Harris
U: Jobe Watson, Jack Trengove
E: Shaun Burgoyne, Michael Walters, Joel Smith

And if Dixon doesn't play, LeCras will move to F2, JKH will move to F3, Walters will move to F4, Smith will move to E2, and according to my list preferences, the next player on my list that has played is Dylan Grimes, so he will move to E3.

GoLions

Toga

Yeah that's fine I think Purps. Best way to deal with a difficult situation and shouldn't disadvantage any one team more than it affects others.

Torpedo10

Can we make a play to call the New Delhi-Moscow rivalry the Coniglio-Gray Cup from now on?

I feel the controversy of our trade last offseason calls for it.  :P Or maybe the Vlastuin Cup?